Kabeer, Misha and Pia: Screw Change!

Posted: 12 years ago
Howdy, creatures? 

I'm a sincere PKYEK viewer and my purpose of sorts regarding watching the same is solely my delusional credibility of observing characters and to put them against generalized human characteristics, match them, possibly. 😳

Fiction can leave behind piles of dead bodies it was entitled to just a few episodes before and rise with the latent exuberance of the situations and characters as if nothing fatal happened. Indeed, the exuberance finally found a crack unleashed and rose to life in PKYEK, it is as if nothing happened. 🤡

Speaking of my title, I was amazed at my inference after witnessing the one-minute Kabeer contributed in the episode. Kabeer is a highly useless character to the writers, however his good old stuck-with-you persona is his only charm, the profoundness of his character. He reminds me of the bottom line of the novel I am reading:

'How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?' 🤓

Misha is a star, the cake is her old companion and that is how she snatches it whilst her withering need in the show. Whether or not the track needs her, she shines bright tentatively, effortlessly. Dogie ki puunch seedhi nahi hotee, indeed. ⭐️

Pia's a masochist, so is Kabeer and so is Abhay, if we get into the detail but Pia stands out, sometimes. Her bit in the woods was powerful, she besought wholesomeness in her dilemma out there, because she believes that her identity has been ceased away and she'd get to reclaim it right in there, in the forest, where she belongs, basically. We are going to see more of this from her in future too, masochism at its best.

For the others also, I hardly did see any difference. Change is inevitable, but the human never likes it. Pia and Kabeer and party seek pleasure in clinging to their own hurt and sometimes the wrath of complications and the misplacement of your innocence to the world do not change your core, as in Misha's case. 

Your views? 🐷

Kankshita

Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago
Thanks for the scrap, Kanks! 😃
Firstly, the novel you're reading is definitely a Nicholas Sparks! 🤣.🤣 But I don't remember one with that tagline. Which one is it?

Coming to your topic, the underutilisation and more importantly, useless utilisation of Kabir's character has never gone down well with me. When the show had started, he'd been promised as an important character in the show. I'm hoping for deserved screenspace for him post leap but more than that a proper role. He needs to be given more to do. 
Today's episode, Kabir made his presence felt. Arguably, my favourite scene in today's episode where he looks at Pia's picture and says he'll never be able to forget her. We realise that our first love need not necessarily be our last or even true love but it is still the first and will always have a special place in out hearts. Like I pointed out in Chakku's post, Kabir is no longer a carefree teenager joking around. He's a lot more mature and serious and we can see the impact this experience has had on him though, he wasn't even present. 

Coming to Misha, firstly, I don't like the hat. Sorry but I had to say this. Lol! As far as the character goes, she is still the jovial, vivacious and bratty Misha we knew. The very fact that she's stayed true to what she always was despite the changes in circumstances around her shows us that she has a strong personality. We even see hints of maturity and protectiveness at places when she makes it clear that under no circumstances must Pia know anything about her past, specially the one related to vampires and Abhay.

As far as Pia goes, again, the headgear needs to go before I bang my head. Other than that, she looks nice. Characterwise, I still find her the same sweet and bubbly Pia as of now. We haven't seen much of her in depth as yet but I'm hoping that only her outward appearance has changed like she said (I miss her old look BTW). It is actually tough to judge how exactly Pia has been impacted simply because she doesn't remember what happened. The only change which at least I see as of now is that she does not remember Abhay. 
About the bit that you mentioned, Pia and the woods have a deep connection dating back to even before she'd first arrived in Dehradun and her partial amnesiac mind will not change the basic pull which she'll always feel towards that jungle simply because her heart still lies with someone buried deep inside somewhere there. So changes in Pia is yet to come as she experiences unexplainable deja-vus.
@ Chill_Out-
I know... -Kanky-'s FOR SURE reading- "message in the/a bottle",
coz the tagline taken up frm there! (not 2 sure abt the/a part, though! :P)
& i REALLY AGREE wid u in those Kabir's first love, Misha's hat & Piya's head-gear parts!!!
kanky can i just hug u? u took the word out of my mouth. screw change. really, i am not happy with the leap. i am trying to find something positive on it, but the stupid cvs are just freaking driving insane. 😡i stopped writing my ff bec of them.Edited by syria2014 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Tania92

@ Chill_Out-
& i REALLY AGREE wid u in those Kabir's first love, Misha's hat & Piya's head-gear parts!!!

Oh! I haven't read 'A Message in the Bottle'. Just seen the movie. But I think this one's of 'The Choice'. Not too sure though.
These taglines generally are like add-ons to the main title. Like 'The Last Song' has 'Can you really forget your first heartbreak?' and 'A Walk To Remember' has 'It all comes down to who is by your side'. All of them are amazing though. 

Thanks for agreeing with me =)
Originally posted by Chill_Out

Thanks for the scrap, Kanks! 😃
I had to, otherwise my post would have misplaced ten pages back! Sigh. 

Firstly, the novel you're reading is definitely a Nicholas Sparks! 🤣.🤣 But I don't remember one with that tagline. Which one is it?
Yes, Nicholas Sparks. He's predictable, it is 'The Choice".

Coming to your topic, the underutilisation and more importantly, useless utilisation of Kabir's character has never gone down well with me. When the show had started, he'd been promised as an important character in the show. I'm hoping for deserved screenspace for him post leap but more than that a proper role. He needs to be given more to do. 
Today's episode, Kabir made his presence felt. Arguably, my favourite scene in today's episode where he looks at Pia's picture and says he'll never be able to forget her. We realise that our first love need not necessarily be our last or even true love but it is still the first and will always have a special place in out hearts. Like I pointed out in Chakku's post, Kabir is no longer a carefree teenager joking around. He's a lot more mature and serious and we can see the impact this experience has had on him though, he wasn't even present. 

Indeed, madame. The very fact that Kabeer is till date the potential lover to us viewers makes me wince in pain, like not literally, but I got serious empathy and sympathy problems as you may already know. But I got a undying hope for Kabeer under the mere profoundness he entails in my opinion. 

Coming to Misha, firstly, I don't like the hat. Sorry but I had to say this. Lol! As far as the character goes, she is still the jovial, vivacious and bratty Misha we knew. The very fact that she's stayed true to what she always was despite the changes in circumstances around her shows us that she has a strong personality. We even see hints of maturity and protectiveness at places when she makes it clear that under no circumstances must Pia know anything about her past, specially the one related to vampires and Abhay.

No, am not her hat's fan. Priya Wal carries her clothing well, she's a clean artist, she's like cheese with Misha! Misha is a mature little lady, she's one hell of a character, like a woman of substance, unlike her own mother but a dimension of it, distinctive. 

As far as Pia goes, again, the headgear needs to go before I bang my head. Other than that, she looks nice. Characterwise, I still find her the same sweet and bubbly Pia as of now. We haven't seen much of her in depth as yet but I'm hoping that only her outward appearance has changed like she said (I miss her old look BTW). It is actually tough to judge how exactly Pia has been impacted simply because she doesn't remember what happened. The only change which at least I see as of now is that she does not remember Abhay. 
About the bit that you mentioned, Pia and the woods have a deep connection dating back to even before she'd first arrived in Dehradun and her partial amnesiac mind will not change the basic pull which she'll always feel towards that jungle simply because her heart still lies with someone buried deep inside somewhere there. So changes in Pia is yet to come as she experiences unexplainable deja-vus.

Ditto, the Dahlia she is wearing is a wondrous disaster! I am not particularly keen on the deja vu actually, I am waiting to see Abhay though. When it comes to Pia, I do not voice my opinion much because off late, she has never interested me and my saintly purpose of watching the show. You know? 

Originally posted by Tania92

@ Chill_Out-
Darling, here's the thing, I am not reading Message in the Bottle. I am reading 'The Choice', it's good, if you want to try though. 
Kanky-Beautiful Post..
 Well I seriously don't know which Book u're reading coz me not a Book worm..🥱Reading Titles only makes my stomach *Burp*.. *oops* brain filled up..So I generally don't even go to Library..But I love that place.😉.!!
 And now coming to Changes, one shuld  always welcome em Open heart coz Life n Changes move Hand In hand..
 Kabir is a Darling..I love the way he's trying to move on..
accepting the fact..
 Mish is changed alot she's more caring , more shield alike..for Pia..
BUT, True some things never changes n thats the basic nature..!! Dogie ki puunch seedhi nahi hotee..😆

Originally posted by syria2014

kanky can i just hug u? u took the word out of my mouth. screw change. really, i am not happy with the leap. i am trying to find something positive on it, but the stupid cvs are just freaking driving insane. 😡i stopped writing my ff bec of them.

I dun like hugging, I am really sorry. How about a handshake? And um, I think my post runs parallel to your view, but um never mind, my purpose is served, I need 'views'.  And hey, cheer up, writers will be fine, they are doing this without Abhay right? 😆
Originally posted by NIDIZ

Kanky-Beautiful Post..
 Well I seriously don't know which Book u're reading coz me not a Book worm..🥱Reading Titles only makes my stomach *Burp*.. *oops* brain filled up..So I generally don't even go to Library..But I love that place.😉.!!
 And now coming to Changes, one shuld  always welcome em Open heart coz Life n Changes move Hand In hand..
 Kabir is a Darling..I love the way he's trying to move on..
accepting the fact..
 Mish is changed alot she's more caring , more shield alike..for Pia..
BUT, True some things never changes n thats the basic nature..!! Dogie ki puunch seedhi nahi hotee..😆

I take pride in being a brainy bookworm, and given I am brainy too much, I should cross question your predicament under which you dun read books! 😎 It was like you said, I am hungry because I want a cheeseburger. 🐷

Yes, one must learn to change but the 'must' stands the least chances of surviving in anybody human's life. We keep changing but the question is whether we like it or not, Kabeer does not like it and Misha never lets it bother her. 

Thanks for replying!