Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
 I think I will still give Nivedita the benefit of doubt and may be we shall see in future episodes
crazy4neha thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raj_Luv_NiViren

I saw the episode today after reading the update and the first thought that came to my mind was :-

"Essence of being a woman - So well described and said by Sushmita Sen"

"Just being a woman is God's gift. The origin of a child is a mother, a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring, and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman."

And what is our dear Nivedita doing - getting rid of this very essence. Is she really a woman? Does she understand what a woman is? She in her so-called guilt is killing (yes this is killing and not sacrifice) the very meaning of being a woman. 

hi anju, if the very essence of being a woman is motherhood then was Mother Theresa a woman? She was a woman of substance, who is a saint now, did not have a biological child.  so nivi does not need have to biological children to complete her womanhood. 
Edited by crazy4neha - 12 years ago
minu2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So much for appreciating the writers and directors yesterday for handling a tricky situation sensibly. Today they showed just how royally they can mess things up. Kal ki kasar bhi aaj poori kar di.

The tragedy of what they showed today is that it was so unnecessary.  And illogical.  The story does not demand this extreme step; there is no need for it.  No one is pressurizing Nivi to go down this path.  No one asked for this extreme (so called) sacrifice, and no one will be happy with it, not even HL.  So what's the point of showing it?  Nivi's ambivalence about motherhood (because of her guilt) could have been shown in so many other ways.  So why ruin her character like this?  Why make her out to be so irresponsible and insensitive?

In real life this is a very serious, very fraught, often devastating choice that most women faced with it struggle over along with their families.  It is not a trifling matter to be just tossed around to spice things up or move a track along. I don't think the CT's have any right to play around with it so lightly. By showing a sensible woman making this life-changing decision - that will affect everyone - so easily and so unilaterally, they are mocking not only marriage, but also the deep moral responsibility with which women and their families in real life handle such decisions and cope with their consequences.

I know eventually Nivi will not go through with it -- or will not be allowed to -- but why insult women by raising it, and also Neha who has to portray all this in this senseless, bordering on sadistic, track????!  Are the CT's such embittered people?

Edited by minu2011 - 12 years ago
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Anju, agree with you.

I simply cant relate to what is going on anymore. I dont understand where Nivi  is coming from and her decision is mindboggling. She has always been shown as someone who puts others before herself. So how about your husband Nivi? Does he deserve what you are putting him through?

kavianand thumbnail
Anju..
i loved the way U have explained what an essence of awoman actually means and what it means to be a woman...she alone has the this privilege to create life...Niveditha by even considering such adrastic step is really demeaning herself ..her love and her privilege as a woman..Till now i could not really bring myself to really judge her this harshly coz i always found something which really brought out her essence in one way or the other,,,inspite of her flaws for me she was so innocently naive and selfless BUT now i feel totally disillusioned

She has killed the very essence of being a woman...U have rightly said that and How could RS do this???how could he kill this beautifully created chracter in such a harsh manner?

Do come back..Ur posts are much awaited for!!
pipicat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
true a woman is someone who was made to love and care... it is the mother who has paradise under her feet such a great honor and could only be given to  a being who has the wonderful gift of carrying a baby then giving birth to it..   I am a mother an i know a woman is only incomplete with a baby of her own... nivi is going towards being incomplete ... i no think the articles were wrong as sid's behavior proves that he wants both nivren to be together
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

hi anju, if the very essence of being a woman is motherhood then was Mother Theresa a woman? She was a woman of substance, who is a saint now, did not have a biological child.  so nivi does not need have to biological children to complete her womanhood. 

@crazy4neha - You know it was your comment that kind of made me come back to the forum and post my reply. Thanks for writing this. And now, you do not have to comment for the sake of just commenting as your reply has really saddened me.
I am sure you did not even read what you posted. How can you compare Nivedita with Mother Teresa? Mother Teresa, the noblest person this earth has seen... Yes she is a mother of millions of needy people. And she  embodied, showed us what a true woman is and she showed what essence of woman is - LOVING, CARING and SHARING... and being a nun she gave up worldy pleasures...Please do not demean her work, her efforts, her cause, her selfless motives by compaing her with any female who are enjoying the earthly pleasures.
So please do not compare her with Nivedita... Nivedita is not a nun, has a husband, has physical relationship with her husband, loves her husband, has her desires...so for her having her own baby will complete her as she will be bringing a life in this world. If she has medical problems that is a different thing...But so far she does not..

Edited by anjubala - 12 years ago
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks to all of you who commented on my post.. Really appreciate it.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Bani and Kavitha posting here but I guess there are certain things that we all agree upon. And yesterday's behavior of Nivi made us sit and think again that is this what we expected from Nivedita? Yes, CTs ruined her character and let us see how they revive it, if they do.