Debate Mansion

   

The Real Debate! (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 23

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010

Posts: 1613

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Summer3

I am a great admirer of Gandhi ji.
He was an enlightened soul and the body only appeared as a shadow to him. Other great spiritual gurus of his time too highly respected him.


Haha Summerji...that makes three of us...u , me and President Obama...GMTALOL

Its a pity that while the whole world reveres Gandhiji, he is used as an example when it comes to great leaders...some of us INDIANS would question his decisions...just sayin...well I guess in a free India...we have a right to do so...guess who we owe this freedom toTongueWink


No freedom is denoted by one individual, instead it's your right.  Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixXmonar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Real Debate! (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by night13

I love fireworks. LOL

This is not about killing the innocence as I stated earlier, this is about the principals and beliefs on which the assignation was executed. Did it serve it's purpose?


So do I LOL
So on what principles and beliefs and purpose  did Godse assassinate Gandhi?


As quoted before..

Godse had no personal grudges over Gandhi, instead he was fighting for a cause which believed in United India and thus no religions segregation or partition. Godse truly respected Gandhi theory on non-violence but this theory denies self-defence and self-interest. The non-violence that defines the fight for survival as violence is a theory not of non-violence but of self-destruction. Was the decision on partition necessary? To me no individual is greater than a nation! Tongue
If that is so then he failed miserably in his mission for
1- an undivided India
2- no religious segregation
3-ideas about self defense or self interest ( what did defense did he accomplish?)
4- last but not the least- his timing!
 
The excuse for assasinating someone on the plea of an Undivided India after it got divided doesnt hold water!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrromonarblue-ice

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010

Posts: 1613

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u



If that is so then he failed miserably in his mission for
1- an undivided India
2- no religious segregation
3-ideas about self defense or self interest ( what did defense did he accomplish?)
4- last but not the least- his timing!
 
The excuse for assasinating someone on the plea of an Undivided India after it got divided doesnt hold water!


Finally, someone just hit the Jackpot! and this is where I rest my case! :)

'A real debate to me is where I have the ability to play from either position with equal ease'

This is what I call a debate!
ps. I still leave this thread open for discussion, as there are some loop holes which are not answered!



Edited by night13 - 24 May 2011 at 11:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Silentsoulblue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Joined: 04 March 2009

Posts: 32023

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuls11

Originally posted by night13



Do spill the beans,  as I am ready to negotiate with heart vs mind. This is a theoretical discussion, in which all are welcomed, even the ones who rot in hell. :)

Would there have been a civil war if Gandhi did not take the stand on being non-violence?



His partition decision definitely led to civil war ... Riots ,murder, rape, a train massacre, all were result of his this decision.

WOW...so the individuals who committed these crimes...knew nothing better...do you think a person who is ethically and morally strong would commit rape and murder even if he is instigated by a leader to do so...

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Joined: 29 March 2005

Posts: 16142

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Summer3

I am a great admirer of Gandhi ji.
He was an enlightened soul and the body only appeared as a shadow to him. Other great spiritual gurus of his time too highly respected him.


Haha Summerji...that makes three of us...u , me and President Obama...GMTALOL

Its a pity that while the whole world reveres Gandhiji, he is used as an example when it comes to great leaders...some of us INDIANS would question his decisions...just sayin...well I guess in a free India...we have a right to do so...guess who we owe this freedom toTongueWink


I know there are few Indians like me who question his...decision his ideologies...who born in free India yet too much corrupted India at hand of Gandhi dynasty...I differ to think though his way of principles...but Isnt world is like this..100% consensus in debate forum is not real...we beg to differ therefore we tend to discuss. ...

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Joined: 04 March 2009

Posts: 32023

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuls11




I know there are few Indians like me who question his...decision his ideologies...who born in free India yet too much corrupted India at hand of Gandhi dynasty...I differ to think though his way of principles...but Isnt world is like this..100% consensus in debate forum is not real...we beg to differ therefore we tend to discuss. ...


How does the Gandhi dynasty figure in here...


Edited by blue-ice - 24 May 2011 at 11:45am

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Joined: 29 March 2005

Posts: 16142

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by kuls11

Originally posted by night13



Do spill the beans,  as I am ready to negotiate with heart vs mind. This is a theoretical discussion, in which all are welcomed, even the ones who rot in hell. :)

Would there have been a civil war if Gandhi did not take the stand on being non-violence?



His partition decision definitely led to civil war ... Riots ,murder, rape, a train massacre, all were result of his this decision.

WOW...so the individuals who committed these crimes...knew nothing better...do you think a person who is ethically and morally strong would commit rape and murder even if he is instigated by a leader to do so...


I agree ...but guess his decision to save India from civil war and go for partition was futile as it lead to civil war...Nope noone who is ethically strong will go for any crime even being instigated...but in real world very few exist like this.probably ...specially if your family get killed in riots...

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by night13

In your opinion, who is responsible for the partition?

All those people who contributed to the polarisation  by spreading hatred in the name of religion are responsible for the events that led to the partition.


Isn't Gandhi part of the same cult? If he would have taken the stand for reformation, we would not have lead into partition.

Nooo  not at all! Gandhiji is most certainly not a part of that cult! He had always been in favour of an undivided nation but things had deteriorated beyond his control. The Bristish had succeeeded in inflaming both the major religions of India against each other.
Lets take a stroll down history...
 
In the 1946 elections to the Central Assembly the Muslim League won all the 30 seats. The tide had certainly turned in favour of the Muslim League and what it stood for. The British govt was aware of the situation. The nationalist muslim leaders did not support Jinnah who had incited widespread bloodshed. Some Hindu fundamentalist were no better. The common man was confused. There was th danger of the British govt evading handing over independence on some pretext. Ther was also the danger of them leaving India suddenly n the lurch leading to all the several native small states gaining freedom and total chaos in its aftermath. The massacre that could then follow would not have remained confined to only the Hindus and Muslim but would have been much more widespread. Under these circumstances the Indian National congress had to take a decision that was practicable. The situation was too volatile at that time for any reformation to be carried out by Gandhi alone. He was most dejected at the turn of events.I think the best that could be done was done by him.
 
 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroblue-ice

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
The Cyber Culture Discussion/Debate

2

return_to_hades 15 1447 01 July 2010 at 4:39pm
By the_Naked_face
Debate Contest (COMPLETED)

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33

return_to_hades 256 12815 28 June 2010 at 8:13am
By return_to_hades
Debate Contest Winners

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19

return_to_hades 149 9282 23 June 2010 at 9:41pm
By krystal_watz
Mahabharat Analysis and Debate

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 68

..RamKiJanaki.. 538 44798 22 June 2010 at 1:45pm
By Aanandaa
Debate Contest: What Would You Do? (DM-REMIX)

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

return_to_hades 66 4998 18 June 2010 at 6:35pm
By *Woh Ajnabee*

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.