The Real Debate! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 23

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Do spill the beans,  as I am ready to negotiate with heart vs mind. This is a theoretical discussion, in which all are welcomed, even the ones who rot in hell. :)

Would there have been a civil war if Gandhi did not take the stand on being non-violence?

His partition decision definitely led to civil war ... Riots ,murder, rape, a train massacre, all were result of his this decision.

Edited by kuls11 - 24 May 2011 at 10:44am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Real Debate! (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by blue-ice

Sorry Aarya...I don't feel that I am qualified enough to comment on the assassination of one of the greatest leaders who has earned respect...not only in India but the whole world...the only thing that I have in my heart for Gandhiji and all the the great freedom fighters is a sense of gratitude...I know that its because of their combined efforts that I was born in a free India and not as a slave of some GoraDead...I believe that with their limited resources whatever decisions they took whether it was wrong or right...it was for the good of India...We are humans and we make mistakes...but for me it is the intention that counts...
I am not judging anyone this is just my opinion...but I think it would be wrong on my part to sit in my AC roon...typing on my laptop...with the news of the world available at my finger tips ...I should be saying what they did was wrong or not without actually knowing what this great leader went through...
My heart will always be filled with hatred for Nathu Ram...may he rot in hell...

Do spill the beans,  as I am ready to negotiate with heart vs mind. This is a theoretical discussion, in which all are welcomed, even the ones who rot in hell. :)

Would there have been a civil war if Gandhi did not take the stand on being non-violence?

My mind says the same thing as my heart...I have explained my stand to you...
Do you think we are better off without Pakistan or not??

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged

Sorry Aarya...I don't feel that I am qualified enough to comment on the assassination of one of the greatest leaders who has earned respect...not only in India but the whole world...the only thing that I have in my heart for Gandhiji and all the the great freedom fighters is a sense of gratitude...I know that its because of their combined efforts that I was born in a free India and not as a slave of some GoraDead...I believe that with their limited resources whatever decisions they took whether it was wrong or right...it was for the good of India...We are humans and we make mistakes...but for me it is the intention that counts...
I am not judging anyone this is just my opinion...but I think it would be wrong on my part to sit in my AC roon...typing on my laptop...with the news of the world available at my finger tips ...I should be saying what they did was wrong or not without actually knowing what this great leader went through...
My heart will always be filled with hatred for Nathu Ram...may he rot in hell...

I believe there should not have been a Pakistan, instead a united India with respect to all religions.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarMagixXSilentsoulblue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged

I believe there should not have been a Pakistan, instead a united India with respect to all religions.

I believe so too...but do you think that if Gandhi ji had not taken the decision ...would Jinnah have let it go too...do u really think there would not have been civil war then..

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I am a great admirer of Gandhi ji.
He was an enlightened soul and the body only appeared as a shadow to him. Other great spiritual gurus of his time too highly respected him.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarblue-ice

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuls11

His partition decision definitely led to civil war ... Riots ,murder, rape, a train massacre, all were result of his this decision.

Was it Gandhi who put forward the proposal for a divided India or was it something he was forced to accept? Was Godse and party against a divided  nation? What did they do to ensure a united nation?

Sometimes when the differences seem insurmountable it is better to separate than to stay together in a state of perpetual conflict. But could anyone have anticipated the massacre that occurred during the exodus? The violence was completely uncalled for. Had anyone expected things to be that bad they could have taken some steps to monitor the border to ensure a smooth migration. Obviously Gandhi too hadnt anticipated the violence, then why did Godse and party lay the full blame on him? Were they themselves totally non instrumental to the hatred and divide that was spreading at that time? No way!

The partition itself cannot be held responsible for the brutality and hatred that was observed. It was the other way round. Hatred led to the partition. If there were no partition do you think peace would have prevailed  in the undivided nation? It would only have been a matter of time before all the pent up discontent erupted in one way or other.  

zorrroblue-ice

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged

That would have been the ideal situation but it dd not happen. Seeing where Pakistan and India stand today I wouldnt say it was a bad decision as such. As I already mentioned earlier the partition process could have been carried out more amicably.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged

We most certainly are,  BI LOL Imagine finding the world's most wanted terrorist in our frontyard "without" our  knowledge!

DemonStarzorrro

Post Reply New Post

Go to top