persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by persistence

Ok, haven't read thru the entire thread, but got to say the following is debatable:

Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.

people write history; different versions can and do exist. No such thing as a "fact"...just a reality/perception. Not that this is an ontological debate. :)

As long as you don't ask me to show proof: existence of GOD!  I rather this debate falls under the category of perception. Wink
ps. Isn't perception everything!

Why would I? You are not an evolutionist and I am not an intelligent design theorist! SmileWe are only asking: What is truth/reality? In my worldview, everything is perception. A positivist/post-positivist might disagree!

Persy

To me perception is everything Tongue Those are blessed who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing!

Aarya.

I just realized I switched our parts in my analogy. Haha! It should be "I am no evolutionist, and you no ID theorist!

NIce name, Aarya! A Girl or a guy?ConfusedEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Real Debate! (Page 18)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Your scenario sounds like the last episode of Chicago Code. The evil dude did end up in jail in the end. :)

Never even heard of it before this. I guess if you have taken time out to follow it, it must've been interesting.

Anyways 'powerful and corrupt' is not a rare combination. And we all know how difficult it can be to bring them to justice. That's my whole point.

Well, the chicago police is trying to bring down a powerful but corrupt mayor to justice in the series. You can watch it on Hulu if you like. Smile

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:04pm | IP Logged

Ok, haven't read thru the entire thread, but got to say the following is debatable:

people write history; different versions can and do exist. No such thing as a "fact"...just a reality/perception. Not that this is an ontological debate. :)

As long as you don't ask me to show proof: existence of GOD!  I rather this debate falls under the category of perception. Wink

Why would I? You are not an evolutionist and I am not an intelligent design theorist! SmileWe are only asking: What is truth/reality? In my worldview, everything is perception. A positivist/post-positivist might disagree!

Persy

To me perception is everything Tongue Those are blessed who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing!

Aarya.

I just realized I switched our parts in my analogy. Haha! It should be "I am no evolutionist, and you no ID theorist!

girl .. girl.. girl... Wink

Edited by night13 - 26 May 2011 at 6:03pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

We were just talking about you elsewhere.

Nice of you to pop in.

Yes, I noticed after my hyper-turtle decided to track me down and notify me of this mischief on facebook. I was just complaining to him that he was remembering me as your fan (instead of for my own views), though he put it in past tense...am still your fan, and mostly 'cause I can relate to your thoughts. So, it is like I am just being a fan of myself. LOL

Thanks for the "awesome" comments, you and Woh. EmbarrassedBig smile

Its flattering to have fans. Embarrassed  Even if its some twisted form of narcissism. LOL Likewise, I'm a fan too and miss having you around on DM.

Good he tracked you down.Hug I was getting nostalgic about the time in Ayodhya thread where I had the hyper-turtle spinning more in a tizzy with that one post. LOL

How have you been these days?

We can form a mutual admiration society then! LOL Any who, yes, I do remember the Ayodhya thread...both you and hyper turtle were so into the whole thing...I can't remember whom I was supporting...probably cheering from the side-linesLOL and hoping compassion wins over all else! Embarrassed

I am doing well...busy with research + work. Thanks for asking. I am glad aarya has arrived in DM...the place seemed dead, with everyone including you gone, and I didn't feel like peeking inside the "should we stop same-sex attraction?" thread. How can we stop what some one else is feeling??!!! Confused Perhaps, curb a public display of the same.

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:09pm | IP Logged

Persy

Aarya.

girl .. girl.. girl... Wink

I am disappointed.Embarrassed I was in the mood to flirt. LOL

monar

IF-Sizzlerz

monar

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

A statement such as "Was Gandhi right in going with his Pact with Lord Irwin and allowing the execution of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev?" has the underlying assumption that Gandhi did indeed have such a pact and the only question that remains to be asked there is whether or not Gandhi was right in what he did. That is a conspiracy theory which is not substantiated by historians.

A statement such as "Gandhi's vision was too myopic and idealistic" is a personal opinion not backed by reason.

A statement such as "He could have stopped the assassination of Sukhdev, Rajguru and Bhagat singh" is a fallacy of composition. It assumes that a) Gandhi did indeed have the power to do so b) he did not try hard.

There are exceptions to free speech protection. Obscenity, defamation, incitement are a few such exceptions. When you are talking about the father of the nation, a man held in high esteem by millions for all the right reasons, you have to tread carefully with you free speech banner. A debate is not possible with those people who have already made up their minds, have come to irrelevant conclusions via argumentum ad ignorantiam, and are here only to besmirch a man loved and respected by many.  

assumptions could be other way round too? I am not against father of nation but the point is why the total independence was introduced by congress after martyrdom of Three young lads? My bade nanu was freedom fighter and I might be thoroughly influenced by him, he never disrespected Mahatma but I never saw his thoughts align with father of nation. The point is many were hanged many died Freedom doesn't belong to one person.

Agitation started long back people were pissed off, what Gandhi ji taught us was precious but we can't deny the different factors around it. Being at right place at right time.

that said, what are ur views on Gandhi ji's ignorance on Jinnah's 15 years old "two nation theory", how about "Maulana's warning to Gandh ji about the same?", "ignoring better leader for prime minister candidature over Nehru ji?"

as I said my views might be biased as it is based on first hand experience from one of the freedom fighters and his views and I saw his love for the country and his pain for partition.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged

Yes, it is very difficult to debate with people who have made up their minds. Especially when people have made up their minds that they are right and all those who contradict their righteous opinions or think differently are nothing but ignorant, disrespectful, idiots who are making up bullshit.

Stop being touchy.
Come on be nice to a ladyLOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Yes, it is very difficult to debate with people who have made up their minds. Especially when people have made up their minds that they are right and all those who contradict their righteous opinions or think differently are nothing but ignorant, disrespectful, idiots who are making up bullshit.

Stop being touchy.
Come on be nice to a ladyLOL
Stop being so discriminatory Summer .  The genders on DM are all assumptions. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrromonarSummer3

Post Reply New Post

Go to top