blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

Originally posted by blue-ice

res!

perhaps I am too oldErmm...but what does this mean?

I am not sure if you ever travel through trains or buses in India ... this was my "handkerchief" to reserve my spot LOL

OKLOLLOL...I get it...but what was so special about that spot that u had to reserve itLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:25pm | IP Logged

res!

perhaps I am too oldErmm...but what does this mean?

I am not sure if you ever travel through trains or buses in India ... this was my "handkerchief" to reserve my spot LOL

OKLOLLOL...I get it...but what was so special about that spot that u had to reserve itLOL

Oh here it was working more as to remember my seat number.. you see I don't wanna miss this strategic thread cause of my minimal IQ LOLLOL

blue-ice.

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by persistence

Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by persistence

Ok, haven't read thru the entire thread, but got to say the following is debatable:

Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.

people write history; different versions can and do exist. No such thing as a "fact"...just a reality/perception. Not that this is an ontological debate. :)

As long as you don't ask me to show proof: existence of GOD!  I rather this debate falls under the category of perception. Wink
ps. Isn't perception everything!

Why would I? You are not an evolutionist and I am not an intelligent design theorist! SmileWe are only asking: What is truth/reality? In my worldview, everything is perception. A positivist/post-positivist might disagree!

Persy

To me perception is everything Tongue Those are blessed who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing!

Aarya.

blue-ice.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by Summer3

</div>

<div>

In order to serve the people Gandhi said that politics and religion cannot be separated.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">To see the universal and all-pervading Spirit of Truth face to face, one must be able to love the meanest of creation as oneself. And a man who aspires after that cannot afford to keep out of any field of life. That is why my devotion to Truth has drawn me into the field of politics; and I can say without the slightest hesitation, and yet in all humility, that those who say that religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion means.</font>

Religion is the core of politics and can not be segregated, but with the reference to this topic, Gandhi was not politician. In this democratic system, it seems to be very hard to find the true nature of politicians and their vision and perceptions, for which
this was not fight for politics but for freedom!

Mahatma ji could move the world with his silence. He sacrificed everything including personal comforts for greater good.
He will always remain an inspiration to those who are not blind.
Words are superfluous.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarblue-ice.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

Perhaps "The Real Debate", even if as an introspection, should be about "what have you done for your country?!", instead of being an armchair critic and niggling on the decisions taken (in the past) by a great leader and a freedom fighter, who actually sacrificed his life fighting for the betterment of the country.

now wouldn't that be the real debateLOL

Yes as they say many are from NATO.
No Action Talk OnlyLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarblue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

Perhaps "The Real Debate", even if as an introspection, should be about "what have you done for your country?!", instead of being an armchair critic and niggling on the decisions taken (in the past) by a great leader and a freedom fighter, who actually sacrificed his life fighting for the betterment of the country.

now wouldn't that be the real debateLOL

Yes as they say many are from NATO.
No Action Talk OnlyLOL

Silly me!! SummerjiLOL...all this while I thought NATO means 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization'LOL

That means all our Indian politicians are also from NATOLOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Ah Blue Ice ji we have many verbal Karma Yogis there.
It is not easy to lead by example.

Anyway even I myself need to buck up.
I have started getting up early for a start when Eternity opens her doors graciously.

blue-ice.

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Souro - your proposition would justify assassination in the eyes of someone who views it as the end of power and corruption and not necessarily acquit someone. It would need proof beyond reasonable doubt that the person assassinated was guilty of crimes. It does not make sense to make a loophole to a murder law for such a narrow scenario (narrow in the sense that it is virtually impossible to prove).

Did I say that there needs to be a change in the law to allow assassination of those who are powerful and corrupt? I'm saying that irrespective of what the law is, an assassin would be morally right in committing an assassination, if the one assassinated was guilty of crimes deserving of capital sentence. Of course, there needs to be proof that the assassinated person did commit those crimes.

The only reason I'm saying this is because sometimes it's easier to bring corrupt and powerful people to justice is by eliminating them first and then proving the charges against them.

In the case of almost every trial there are people completely convinced of the opposite to what the decision is.

That being said what you propose is that Gandhi was guilty of capital offenses. I'd disagree with that. I think his intentions was good and he did wish to serve honestly, but his vision was too myopic and idealistic. Hypothetically, if you were to try Gandhi today, what charges would you bring across him and what sort of proofs do you believe you could present?

Where did I propose that? I said that those who are supporting Godse's actions, if they are able to prove that Gandhi was guilty of crimes deserving of capital punishment, only then will I believe that Godse did the right thing. But I haven't seen those proofs and so I don't support Godse at present.

K.Consciousness

Go to top