Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

perhaps I am too old๐Ÿค”...but what does this mean?
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
No doubt this petite persona had an aura around him, but some of  his decisions were repulsive. Still, to me no one alone shall be given the credit for something which was attained by communal efforts. Gandhi is definitely the face of Indian Independence but not the sole representative and my thoughts don't align with Gandhi jis decision.

- He could have stopped assassination of Sukhdev, rajguru and Bhagat singh.
- total independence was never the moto of congress it got changed after Bhagat singh's revolution.
- he should have had taken Jinnah's theory seriously.
- Sardar Patel should have nominated as prime minister not nehru

I never understood what Nehru did to be the first prime minister (India still struggling to overcome this dynasty structure). Nehru wasn't the great leader or strategist, The most deserving person was Sardar Patel "the iron man" . Anyways this leadershiip conflict leads to the partition the most dreadful decision ever made. Whatever I read and reconciled, The egoist clashes between Jinnah Vs congress over power was the one reason. Jinnah triggered the religious agitation across India, the funny thing about religion is, its the dreadest weapon in political history of any nation, he used it. and Gandhi never took that seriously, until 1946 riots over two nation theory. Azad warned him and proposed "federation" govt with less rights to central govt and more to provincial. And added to it, the proposal was to divide province based on religion (Which as an Indian I never will support) to subside Jinnah's two nations theory. Gandhi strip down Azad from congress committee president and promoted Nehru.

Godse the follower of united India was shattered so was many other "Indians" including Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. his agitation was justified but Gandhi's assassination isn't.
monar thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

perhaps I am too old๐Ÿค”...but what does this mean?

I am not sure if you ever travel through trains or buses in India ... this was my "handkerchief" to reserve my spot ๐Ÿ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: monar

I am not sure if you ever travel through trains or buses in India ... this was my "handkerchief" to reserve my spot ๐Ÿ˜†

OK๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...I get it...but what was so special about that spot that u had to reserve it๐Ÿ˜†
monar thumbnail

OK๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...I get it...but what was so special about that spot that u had to reserve it๐Ÿ˜†

Oh here it was working more as to remember my seat number.. you see I don't wanna miss this strategic thread cause of my minimal IQ ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: persistence

Why would I? You are not an evolutionist and I am not an intelligent design theorist! ๐Ÿ˜ŠWe are only asking: What is truth/reality? In my worldview, everything is perception. A positivist/post-positivist might disagree!

Persy

To me perception is everything ๐Ÿ˜› Those are blessed who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing!

Aarya.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: night13

Religion is the core of politics and can not be segregated, but with the reference to this topic, Gandhi was not politician. In this democratic system, it seems to be very hard to find the true nature of politicians and their vision and perceptions, for which
this was not fight for politics but for freedom!

Mahatma ji could move the world with his silence. He sacrificed everything including personal comforts for greater good.
He will always remain an inspiration to those who are not blind.
Words are superfluous.

Summer3 thumbnail

now wouldn't that be the real debate๐Ÿ˜†

Yes as they say many are from NATO.
No Action Talk Only๐Ÿ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes as they say many are from NATO.
No Action Talk Only๐Ÿ˜†

Silly me!! Summerji๐Ÿ˜†...all this while I thought NATO means 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization'๐Ÿ˜†

That means all our Indian politicians are also from NATO๐Ÿ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
Ah Blue Ice ji we have many verbal Karma Yogis there.
It is not easy to lead by example.

Anyway even I myself need to buck up.
I have started getting up early for a start when Eternity opens her doors graciously.