Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

The Real Debate!

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010
Posts: 1628

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Now that I know how some of you think <really?>, I would like to give you little glimpse on how I think (if you haven't already figured out? LOL). Name is Aarya (as some of you already know!), am a strategist by profession, for which you can guess that I don't do things with out planning or purpose. The earlier topics created by me were merely a base to understand on how everyone processes such topics! As you can see I have a thirst for controversies, for which I am on the fence about everything!Wink  So now that we are familiar with each other, and thank you for the warm welcome in the DM!, let the real debate begin...

***
Let's take a little stroll in the history lane... shall we?
Assassination of Mohandas Gandhi, did he deserve it? Was Godse on the right path?


Edited by night13 - 24 May 2011 at 6:52am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-Forever-KARasnymonarSummer3

--dolphin-- IF-Dazzler

Joined: 19 September 2007
Posts: 4744

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rasny

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008
Posts: 9888

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Now that I know how some of you think,
Do you ?
 
I would like to give you little glimpse on how I think (if you haven't already figured out? LOL).
About time too! you ve been non commital so farLOL
 
 
Name is Aarya (as some of you already know!),
Hi Aarya, welcome once again!
 
 am a strategist by profession, for which you can guess that I don't do things with out planning or purpose. The earlier topics created by me were merely a base to understand on how everyone processes such topics!
Interesting! Would love to see your startegy unfold Big smile
 
As you can see I have a thirst for controversies,
So does almost every DMer LOL
for which I am on the fence about everything!Wink 
hmm..the real fun of any controversy would be to get mired in one! Only Narad Muni would enjoy a controversy sitting on the fence Tongue 
Get down from the fence once in a while to  get the real taste and fun of a controversy Big smile and the thirst may get quenched forever LOL
 
So now that we are familiar with each other, and thank you for the warm welcome in the DM!, let the real debate begin...

***
Let's take a little stroll in the history lane... shall we?
Assassination of Mohandas Gandhi, did he deserve it? Was Godse on the right path?
 
Now that we are done with the familiarising lets begin with the real debate. As a warm up why the topic of Gandhiji's assasination ? No doubt its a great topic, Aarya  Thumbs Up  but why have you termed it as a real debate ? It is history and no amount of debating is going to change that fact. IMO to qualify as a real debate the topic ought to be based on  something relevant to the present and purposeful. Or perhaps the strategist in you has a plan to steer the topic in that direction LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrromonarSilentsoul

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010
Posts: 1628

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolphinUSA

Did Jesus Christ deserve to be crucified? Guru Angad Dev ji was put on a hot plate...did he deserve it?

I don't think anything can ever justify killing.The world was, is and will always be like this. There will never be peace around...

P.S. - I running away after this before you figure out that my history is very poor :P


This is not about killing the innocence, instead about why do you think
Godse felt Gandhi needed to be assassinated!

Dol, you can run but not hide, cause this is where we all belong. :)





Edited by night13 - 24 May 2011 at 7:33am
-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010
Posts: 1628

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by night13

Now that I know how some of you think,
Do you ? 

I would like to give you little glimpse on how I think (if you haven't already figured out? LOL).
About time too! you ve been non commital so farLOL
 
 
Name is Aarya (as some of you already know!),
Hi Aarya, welcome once again!
 
 am a strategist by profession, for which you can guess that I don't do things with out planning or purpose. The earlier topics created by me were merely a base to understand on how everyone processes such topics!
Interesting! Would love to see your startegy unfold Big smile
 
As you can see I have a thirst for controversies,
So does almost every DMer LOL
for which I am on the fence about everything!Wink 
hmm..the real fun of any controversy would be to get mired in one! Only Narad Muni would enjoy a controversy sitting on the fence Tongue 
Get down from the fence once in a while to  get the real taste and fun of a controversy Big smile and the thirst may get quenched forever LOL
 
So now that we are familiar with each other, and thank you for the warm welcome in the DM!, let the real debate begin...

***
Let's take a little stroll in the history lane... shall we?
Assassination of Mohandas Gandhi, did he deserve it? Was Godse on the right path?
 
Now that we are done with the familiarising lets begin with the real debate. As a warm up why the topic of Gandhiji's assasination ? No doubt its a great topic, Aarya  Thumbs Up  but why have you termed it as a real debate ? It is history and no amount of debating is going to change that fact. IMO to qualify as a real debate the topic ought to be based on  something relevant to the present and purposeful. Or perhaps the strategist in you has a plan to steer the topic in that direction LOL


The warm up topics were Privacy, IQ, Plagiarism, Communism... aren't those the topics everyone talks about! A real debate to me is where I have the ability to play from either position with equal ease,  in short you will now see me jumping off the fence! LOL  Lets see where this leads us, maybe even 50 years into the future. :)

So should we start, what is your take on my question?





Edited by night13 - 24 May 2011 at 11:06am
-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Joined: 09 January 2009
Posts: 2518

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Angie has a point -

Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.

The only fact here which is non-debatable is Gandhi was assassinated by Godse.

Godse's reasons for assassination of Gandhi were given out during his testimony. The Congress also implicated the fact that the entire operation was part of RSS's bigger agenda along with Hindu Mahasabha (I am not sure if that's the right name) which had Godse and Apte as the faces that represented the unrest which had settled amongst old school Hindus. Of course RSS denies all this.

But, here is the thing.

Godse was not the only one to kill Gandhi. He pulled the trigger of .38, yes. But the conspiracy and the planning to do so was done by a group of men. Along with Godse, Apte was also convicted of Mahatma's assassination.

Here is a book which according to author has picked up details from the exact sources - diaries of Godse, Apte, Godse's family and friends. I do not know if everything in this book is real or not. I don't know what's the truth given how there are way too many variants of the same incident. Given how political the entire deal was, no one really knows what is the truth anyway.

http://www.indiaclub.com/shop/searchresults.asp?ProdStock=23826

Aftermath of assassination showed an aspect of free India which was never seen before - the political stronghold the freedom fighter groups had turned out to be.

I think Godse's testimony is available (which is disputed by people that it has been tampered by the scribe). It makes an...interesting read.

S

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IndigoBluesmonar

Silentsoul IF-Sizzlerz
Silentsoul
Silentsoul

Joined: 29 March 2005
Posts: 16142

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Now that I know how some of you think <really?>, I would like to give you little glimpse on how I think (if you haven't already figured out? LOL). Name is Aarya (as some of you already know!), am a strategist by profession, for which you can guess that I don't do things with out planning or purpose. The earlier topics created by me were merely a base to understand on how everyone processes such topics! As you can see I have a thirst for controversies, for which I am on the fence about everything!Wink  So now that we are familiar with each other, and thank you for the warm welcome in the DM!, let the real debate begin...

***
Let's take a little stroll in the history lane... shall we?
Assassination of Mohandas Gandhi, did he deserve it? Was Godse on the right path?


I can see your strategy coming up with new debatable topic but how much we debate we cant clarify few conspiracies theories of history just put that according to our belief and understanding.

My answer will lies in my question. Was Gandhi right in going with his Pact with Lord Irwin and allowed execution of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev.  I am not supporter of Mr. Gandhi you know that. I can state few of my points which are real controversial ones. I think  Nathuram Godse stated his belief in his book, and few of his points were too controversial to state on open forum.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010
Posts: 1628

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sookie-

Angie has a point -

Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.

The only fact here which is non-debatable is Gandhi was assassinated by Godse.

Godse's reasons for assassination of Gandhi were given out during his testimony. The Congress also implicated the fact that the entire operation was part of RSS's bigger agenda along with Hindu Mahasabha (I am not sure if that's the right name) which had Godse and Apte as the faces that represented the unrest which had settled amongst old school Hindus. Of course RSS denies all this.

But, here is the thing.

Godse was not the only one to kill Gandhi. He pulled the trigger of .38, yes. But the conspiracy and the planning to do so was done by a group of men. Along with Godse, Apte was also convicted of Mahatma's assassination.

Here is a book which according to author has picked up details from the exact sources - diaries of Godse, Apte, Godse's family and friends. I do not know if everything in this book is real or not. I don't know what's the truth given how there are way too many variants of the same incident. Given how political the entire deal was, no one really knows what is the truth anyway.

http://www.indiaclub.com/shop/searchresults.asp?ProdStock=23826

Aftermath of assassination showed an aspect of free India which was never seen before - the political stronghold the freedom fighter groups had turned out to be.

I think Godse's testimony is available (which is disputed by people that it has been tampered by the scribe). It makes an...interesting read.

S



'Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.'... true, but it's the present and future which is and will suffer from the past! So, if an event occurred yesterday should it be restricted from today!

Now that I am going to take a stand <help me GOD! LOL>, I am on the side of Godse as Gandhi systematically fooled the people by saying he will never accept the partition of the country over his dead body, but still the partitioned happened, and thus living in war for many decades and more to come.

Godse had no personal grudges over Gandhi, instead he was fighting for a cause which believed in United India and thus no religions segregation or partition. Godse truly respected Gandhi theory on non-violence but this theory denies self-defence and self-interest. The non-violence that defines the fight for survival as violence is a theory not of non-violence but of self-destruction. Was the decision on partition necessary? To me no individual is greater than a nation!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixXSilentsoul

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
The Cyber Culture Discussion/Debate

2

Author: return_to_hades   Replies: 15   Views: 1505

return_to_hades 15 1505 01 July 2010 at 4:39pm by the_Naked_face
Debate Contest (COMPLETED)

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33

Author: return_to_hades   Replies: 256   Views: 13330

return_to_hades 256 13330 28 June 2010 at 8:13am by return_to_hades
Debate Contest Winners

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19

Author: return_to_hades   Replies: 149   Views: 9677

return_to_hades 149 9677 23 June 2010 at 9:41pm by krystal_watz
Mahabharat Analysis and Debate

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 68

Author: ..RamKiJanaki..   Replies: 538   Views: 45984

..RamKiJanaki.. 538 45984 22 June 2010 at 1:45pm by Aanandaa
Debate Contest: What Would You Do? (DM-REMIX)

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author: return_to_hades   Replies: 66   Views: 5140

return_to_hades 66 5140 18 June 2010 at 6:35pm by *Woh Ajnabee*

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index