Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

"Workhorse! Iron my clothes!"

"Ji Mami!"

"Runjhun! Wash and package my saris!"

"Ji Mami!"

"Oh heroine, go and clean my dishes!"

"Ji Mami!"

Runjhun Mishra, twenty one old niece of the Pandey family, ran around the house, trying to fulfill all over her aunts demands.

At eight the poor girl had been orphaned and after being tossed about by the family she was finally taken in by her grandmother and her three uncles and their wives. At such a young age one was expected to play and do meaningless things. Not Runjhun. After her second year at the house she was taught how to cook, clean and work in order to 'better help her family'. Which really meant that now that she was old enough to do all these things she could be the family's maid. Despite the fact her grandmother tried many times to help her they would find a way of undermining the poor old woman's authority.

As the years went by Runjhun matured beautifully. She had graduated top of her college, and along with her brains she had beauty to accompany it. She was a petite girl with a good healthy body having been developed from years of hard work. A thick waterfall of black hair, blacker than a ravens wing with a slight bluish tint, pin straight fell to her mid back. Eyes like black onyx that shone with a deep understanding and unlimited love were set against a smooth porcelain face. But alas, her beauty was hidden, her hair was always in a braid and by the end of the day her eyes drooped with weariness, in fact her whole body did.

Now it had been a year since Runjhun had seen her grandmother, who after having suffered a heart attack, lay in a coma in her room. It seemed whenever she wanted to visit her beloved grandmother she would always have work heaped on her. She decided it was best to just leave her grandmother be, she didn't want to cause anymore problems.

Precariously balancing a stack of saris Runjhun didn't she the claws aimed at her feet until it was too late. Hissing, she dropped the saris and glared at the family cat, Diamond. (Don't ask, for story purposes it has to be so)

"Stupid Diamond," she muttered under her breath, stacking the saris "I ought to-"

"Oi Runjhun!" came a bratty voice "What were you saying to my precious Diamond?!"

With pursed lips Runjhun lifted her head to look at her slightly younger cousin, Mahadevi.

"Nothing Devi," Runjhun mumbled "Just scolding him for standing in my way'I didn't want him to get hurt."

The excuse sounded weak to her ears but luckily Mahadevi didn't seem to register it. For a girl only a year younger then Runjhun herself Mahadevi was childnesss personified. Both her and Kalsanwalis daughter, Babli, were born in the same week and it seemed that one was not far from the other.

"Runjhun!" Babli screeched "I asked you to iron my dupatta! Why isn't it ironed!"

"But I did," Runjhun replied calmly "I spread it across your bed, it was the blue one right?"

"I thought that was the bed cover!" Babli sniffed indignantly, before spinning on her heel and marching off.

Runjhun pursed her lips tightly as Mahadevi cooed affections to her dear cat. At twenty Mahadevi didn't know how to cook, clean or manage a household. The same went for Babli. Since Runjhun acted as the maid of the house the Aunts didn't feel it necessary to teach their daughters any of the important life skills. Rather, their days were filled with shopping and salon makeovers.

Runjhun sighed heavily and proceeded to continue with her work load, not knowing that in the next few days her fortune would shine greatly'on her.

_______________________----__________________________________----______________

"Nothing! The boy does nothing but work! Nothing but work!"

An indignant principal and CEO of India Mobile raged. His wife sent an amused smile behind his back, one that went unknown.

Befit of all words, Dinanth Shukla grabbed his sons personal body guard and friend.

"Kukkan!" he yelled, extremely close to the poor boys face.

"Yes sir!" Kukkan replied back, a hint of amusement and fear in his voice.

"Tell me!" Dinanth demanded

"T-tell you what sir?" Jabbu, his sons other friend asked hesitantly.

"Why doesn't-" at this the principal and CEO swept a hand across the wall of the many portraits of his son "Guddu take any interest in anything but work?!"

Kukkan gently pried himself away from his bosses grasp.

"Why sir," he began "Bhai takes interest in a lot of things! Cricket!"

"Sports!" Jabbu chimed in.

"Art!"

"Dance!"

"Photography!"

"Bo-"

"Not that!" Dinanth steamed. "Women, girls- a wife! Why doesn't he take interest in a wife?!"

Dinanth turned and stared fondly of the many portraits of his one and only son on the wall. At a young age his son proved to be bright and as he grew older so did his mind as well as his body. At age 25 Guddu Shukla was a handsome and well educated man, the type desperate moms and squealing daughters pined for.

"Uh, we're not sure sir'" Kukkan answered.

"He went to America, Paris, Brazil-everywhere. Our mobile is all over the world and our many other businesses flourish under his guidance. It's time for him to settle down, to find a loving wife and have children. Lata and I aren't getting younger!"

Lata Shukla smiled as she embroidered her sons handkerchief. Her husband was forever harping about his son finding a wife. About how he needed an heir and so on and so forth.

"Well sir," Jabbu began "Maybe the reason Guddu can't find a girl he'likes is because he hasn't really met any. He is constantly busy with work and other such things so-"

"That's it!" Dinanth rejoiced.

"What's it?" Kukkan asked hesitantly.

"We shall arrange for him to meet all eligible females!"

"How so sir?" Jabbu questioned

"Why we will throw a ball! A wondrous ball where all eligible females will be invited. Surely he will fall in love with someone there and will marry no sooner than three months time!"

"Sir' don't you think that's kinda pushing it?" Kukkan asked.

"And when will this ball be?" Lata asked curiously

"Why two days from now!" Dinanath answered.

"Are wha! What a dedicated father, you'll work yourself to the bone to make a ball for your son. Truly inspiring sir!" Jabbu commented.

"Eh? Who said I was going to organize it?" Dinanth asked "I am much to busy'"

"How he's retired'" Kukkan mumbled

"So I leave this task in Jabbus and Kukkans capable hands!"

"WHAT?!"

_______________________----__________________________________----______________

Back at the Pandey Nivas a few hours later, the doorbell rang.

"Oi heroine! Go get the door!"

"Ji Mami!"

Runjhun ran to get the door, not knowing she was opening the door to her destiny.

XoxO
Edited by Gunjhun - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munam_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Hi!!!

I loved the story... the 1st part was awesome.. Diamond a cat????๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† .. felt like beating the cousins black and blue for commanding Runjhun for everything๐Ÿ˜ก 
I loved Dinanath Shukla.. seems like a cool dad ๐Ÿ˜‰.. waiting eagarly for the next part๐Ÿ˜ƒ

- Priyo
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Really Awsome dear...Diamond a cat๐Ÿ˜†...Mahadevi and Babli are the anastasia and Drisella...I am a fan of Dinanth Shukla...kya caring Dad hai bhai...aur humare hero ka entry hoga ball mein hai na...and also the Gunjun meet...waiting eagerly sweets...
tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey ..
awwwesum ff dear ...
amazing ...
daimond a cat ...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
dinanth looks lika a coool dad ..
waiting eagerlyyy for d nxt prt ...
desisweetheart9 thumbnail
nice ff. wonder what will happen next. update as soon as you can
sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great start...
Diamond a cat๐Ÿคฃ
And Runjhun ...poor lady...
Update soon...waiting for Mr.prince
Ziva01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Awesome update like the cindrella concept. Dinanath Shukla is a cool dad organising ball for his son๐Ÿ˜Š .  Guess Guddu Shukla will make a dhamakedaar entry.

Do continue n update soonWaiting eagerly for our Cindrella to meet her prince charming.
Edited by pri01 - 12 years ago
Prabhkallu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Two words: Super Great! Loving it.. ๐Ÿ˜›
newfoundlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
toh, guddu ka swamvyar racha ja rahahe, haan? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ imagine's season 4?

Looking forward to the rest. Really like the start. Diamond's a cat, like the idea