Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
The parents must have seen them together n told the girl to lay off.
Pl read what the parents think:
Quote:

"Also, the parents don't think the boy is educated enough for their daughter or rich enough.
They would/do approve him marrying a cousin from a different village, just not approve him for her. Her parents love the boy and treat him like a son and he treats them with the same respect as his parents."
I have not read all the replies so I apologize if this has been covered.

I feel deeply sorry for them. But to every problem, there is a solution. We just have to look.

Is it possible for her (alone) to settle elsewhere? If that can happen, then there should not be a problem.

They can continue dating if there is remotest chance of her parents agreeing to get them married. BTW is his parents OK? If yes, then there is chance hers might agree too. Slim...but chances are there. If its an absolute no no...then they should not date. Having a joint bank account and seeing each other once a week will only make things worse. 
Summer3 thumbnail
Let me summarise for you:

Guy likes gal
Gal not very sure she fully likes him
Gal's Family does not want him as a son in law

violette thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey...its pretty complicated... but one needs to be practical in terms of life.. ther can be only two solutions possible...

1.  Marry 

2.  Not marry...

Chose one and do whatever it takes to make it work!.. but any roads inbetween is jst going to agonize them further and either bring lot of shame and disrespect to their respective families... or both or either of them will fall in a bottom-less pit of depression, guilt, and sorrow ...

the way i see it is the boy is over sentimental.. and selfish too... yes... his solution to their problem is stupid.. he wants her in his life bcoz he cant live without her at present and at sake of her dignity.. wat parents or society and she herself would accept her as a "mistress" of this guy..  i know its shocking to read this.. bt eventually tht is wat it wud turn out to be after his marraige.. it would be termed as an ex-marital affair which would be even more disgusting and dismaying..

so instead the grace of their love lies in either accepting it completely and fighting for their love...  or denying it completely and moving on to their separate paths..  any intertwining is just going to make their life a hell.. and the girl's life even worst.. coz as far as i gather they hail from a conservative society.. and it would be tough for her to tackle this proposed ex-marital affair..

I know chosing one decision is not going to be simple.. bcoz they and their families r close and interact pretty often.. but life is never simple.. and the situation would look complicated unless and untill we've been through it... borne it all.. time is greatest healer.. and its natures way that nothing remains same.. it changes constantly.. and one who doesnt change withers away.. they will have to take some tough decisions here...

i know people would always want a fairytale love story.. but i say if it is to happen, it would happen no matter what.. and if its not to happen, it would not happen whatever they might do.. bcoz.. fate is nothing but consequences of our actions + behaviour + our attitude towrds life, ourselves, and others... and so instead of making a grt love story, thy might end up making a shameful love story...

so my advice pick one and stick to it... all the best..
punjabi#1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yeah, he wants to do lots of things for her but they aren't having a physical relationship. how can people call them bad for that? Is it really an affair, if they aren't messing around?
Summer3 thumbnail

Let us look at the LOVE Statistics:

Pl correct me if I am wrong.

They guy loves Gal =  80%

Gal loves Guy         =  30%

Parents of girl object to the marriage = 80%*

*So this is the main problem area.
  Secondly the gal's love is also not strong enough to change the numbers unless it can be improved.

Conclusion: It will not work.

So what is the solution ?

If guy really wants to marry the gal, he must convince the parents.
Parents firstly sees that the guy as being unsuitable due to education etc. This has to be rectified first.
He needs to win the gal's parent"s respect and approval.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: punjabi#1

Yeah, he wants to do lots of things for her but they aren't having a physical relationship. how can people call them bad for that? Is it really an affair, if they aren't messing around?

if two people love each other, are committed to each other then what wrong in them having a physical relationship??...
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blue-ice

if two people love each other, are committed to each other then what wrong in them having a physical relationship??...Nothing Wrong in it...But our Soceiity/Court/Religous groups wont support these acts Bcos they believe in papers and contracts!😊

MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: punjabi#1

Not calling 'them' bad. Not calling anybody bad. But when you're not ready to commit yourself to someone (in this case, getting married), why take advantage of the person even if he is letting you to take advantage of him?
If the girl lets him go, he might find another girl, if not sooner, then later. Sometime or the other. That way, his efforts wouldn't go in vain either.
Edited by .Doe. - 12 years ago
punjabi#1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

if two people love each other, are committed to each other then what wrong in them having a physical relationship??...

I don't believe in physical relation before marriage and our society/culture/religion all frown upon it. Thats why i made sure to mention they weren't fooling around