India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

As Far as Story Lines Go...

blokes Goldie
blokes
blokes

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
I am so thrilled to see this new track for our resident Nancy Drew to get her teeth into. Frankly, after the beaten to death marriage track from CB1 and now in CB2 can only go so far as Dev is still obstinate in not acknowledging their "childhood marriage" or for that matter his adult love for Rads. So, as a filler I am more than happy to see the interaction between Mohini, Daai ma, Grandpa and Rads, BB and all. It has been 3 months since CB 2 has been on air and thought it would be nice to discuss the plot and sub plots.

What I would not give to see Dev to sort of "discover" the evil heart of BB by overhearing one of her "saazish" sessions with her darling son! Or even stumble upon her giving "her medicine" to gramps. That could alert him too as she has openly agreed to let Rads try ayurvedic treatment for gramps. I remember how frustrated many of us were in CB 1 when Dev just "glazed over" and did not follow through on "connecting the dots" when it came to finding out Rads being his real wife. And the entire memory track and all that rubbish killed Dev's character as he was so "passive". Even now, he is so "passive". 

I doubt TV script writers understand the psychology of males. They are so concerned about getting the female role down right (as they cater to female audiences) they neglect the male lead. Viraat, being a "bad guy" is easy to portray as he is a cliche. But Rohan is dumbed DOWN and inconsistent (he wonders where his Dev and Virat bhaiya are and then tells Dev to listen to rads as though he is his bro!- Dah!) Dada ji has been dumbed OUT with his paralysis! The sasur ji is dumbed UP by his wife! Poor Mansa ram, the only male whose voice we have heard is drowned out by his wife's voice!LOL! That leaves us with Chenu who is a lovable scoundrel (reminds me of Tom Sawyer). I hope the creative get some strong role models from literature if they cannot get it from real life! I think there is a lot of room for the creatives to make the plot interesting while keeping the core true. 

Right now Dev has the weakest character in the current plot and he needs to get busy. As he is not running after Rads, the least he can do is learn about BB's treachery and get all shocked about how he had been hoodwinked for 12 plus years. Then he can sort of help Rads quietly and not tell BB that he has found her out. 

They are playing the Shanti track well too. It will be interesting how that foolish woman upsets the boat for BB in her own crazy way- there are still many strands that can be woven to keep this story going for a long time. But it needs to be done deftly with an interest in fiction and storylines, not on TRPs which are so "manipulated". 
That would be an awesome track...

I do not know how these people work the show, but what would make sense is a proper storyboard that highlights the main tracks and suggest character interactions and keep possible plot variations (colorcoded). That way the creative team can brainstorm possible twists to the plot while the dialogue writers fill out the time with appropriate dialogues for the shoot. I once saw a software that can be used to write such plots for film scripts. I wonder if these creatives use such technology to ensure smooth storytelling.

Suggestions for future tracks: Show variations of Majli Bahu track- eg the interaction between Dev, her and Rads and BB was wonderful. Dev is established as an honorable man who is fair in his decisions (fit to be Rp!) and also brings a sense of justice (however short lived) to the screen

Rohan playing cupid for Radev- love it- most unexpected and wonderfully delicious to us diehard Radev fans.

Daaima-Mohini-Rads: show the servant-malkin interaction plus the innocence and ignorance of Mohini juxtaposed by Rads' innocence and intelligence.

A track that is not pursued is a possible Rads-sasurji track- he is a good man loving his poetry and maybe CB can help set to music some of his poems- that way he can sing her praises to one and all and feel more of a "fit" into this otherwise ambition-ridden family where everyone wants something. He can be portrayed as a kind and sensitive man who has receded into his poetry to protect himself from the "ills" of an ambitious wife.

Shanti-Chanda-Dev track can be played like the Shoorpanakha track in Ramayana and can bring much needed homorous relief to the story! Just to get away from her he can proclaim that he is already married!LOL!
mansaram has echos of sashtri ji and looks like a veteran actor- knows how to project his character as does shanti. the village track has great possibility with neighborhood gossip- wondering why chanda's rishta is not confirmed yet etc.

I so badly want to see Dev to take a "lead role" soon- am tired of his "fierce frowns". Finding out BB's black heart may be a start...
Well, I can dream, can't I?! What say you all?

The following 41 member(s) liked the above post:

sssdbaas-tvmokbanNabesaAvina_Love4evernetolaimissouriIBICErad4devvishala08razor12chymanju7_rosemasumasrilankasweetrose92laxmisJustShantazam123radhika5babu2008Julie0001Shivanee31Naina007bvs7691radha_bilahariAnnamarieAnamika100OLGNES..yajnaseni..sigridsia_lovelyAngie12bholabearPutijaChalhov..sush..set_rajashna26anu17Neerjaaradev24fatssrilanka

sia_lovely IF-Rockerz
sia_lovely
sia_lovely

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:39pm | IP Logged

Agree with u. Dev who was the strongest in CB1 is the weakest link here! (Makers had promised us a different story...different means opposite to them!!) However, its his characterization so fine. But he needs to grow out gradually from that shell. Its needed but doing it haphazardly is no way. 

Plus there are various interesting characters...who all have multi coloured persona...and no one is brainless! Like Virat- Mohini ...just adore their sweet bickering and her silly taunts that arent completely silly but obviously BB in her air of superiority doesnt understand that. Even Virat is more brainier than her! 

Radhika in her sweet polite sound is doing all that she wants to...and only Mohini sniffing it right that this bholi girl isnt that bholi. But her jealousy right now is superseding her mental evaluations. hehe. Wonder what will her role in all this game be? Dont want her to be a mere statue or a mere taunting machine. Rather she can be given good role. 

And then would love to see a strong and shrewd Daima back! She was all this...prior the leap...a shrewd woman who understood BB's intentions very clearly but since she was a helper, she couldnt do much! However, now she has been reduced to being a statue. It would be nice to see if she helps up Rads in anything. She was the only one to stand up for Rads' ayurvedic treatment suggestion today. Does it mean something? Or did they just give her another dialogue? 

Thanks that Padma's screeching is halted for time being!! that was absolutely unbearable! Her unwarranted anger leashing was getting on my nerves. How did a woman like this start bashing someone so badly? No explanation given! Simply so that Radhika can get all her rituals done with Dev itself. Now, hadnt Padma stopped Rohan from being part of those rituals post wedding, would Rads been able to do with Dev? Would she have got to stay in Dev's room, if Padma didnt make a fuss? NO! SO simple. They made Padma so bad just for Radhika to complete her rituals properly. And now that has been done, Padma is vanished from the scene!!

They should keep the male's in the house be it negative/positve. Currently they are hell bent on showing Rads to be the strongest of all...by being wise and calculative. Fine. Its good...but why make Rohan and Dev dumb? 

Rohan being a kid for now is adorable...but why isnt he shown? Where is the track proceeding to? Is it Someone following RaDev/ keeping an eye on them...or is it about Dadajee getting well...or Rads getting to knw abt the ill wisher of the family...or is it about Rohan bringing RaDev closer gradually...or is Shanti ranting abt Chanda-Dev marriage going to start again?? 

Phew so many tracks running together...do they have an idea how to amalgamate everything properly? Its a tough job for them and have to tread this complex plot carefully from making a mess!! Why take up everything together like this? They could have taken one at a time, and not confuse viewers like this! Even the promos got changed...from a suspense promo to romantic promo...obviously the trp chart influenced everything!! 

Edited by sia_lovely - 23 May 2011 at 1:46pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Nabesarazor12chymanju7blokesbvs7691radhika5JustShanta..yajnaseni..OLGNESbholabearsigridPutijaChalhov..sush..Neerjaaanu17fatssrilanka

..sush.. IF-Sizzlerz
..sush..
..sush..

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Agree with you both sia and blokes
misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blokes

I do not know how these people work the show, but what would make sense is a proper storyboard that highlights the main tracks and suggest character interactions and keep possible plot variations (colorcoded). That way the creative team can brainstorm possible twists to the plot while the dialogue writers fill out the time with appropriate dialogues for the shoot. I once saw a software that can be used to write such plots for film scripts. I wonder if these creatives use such technology to ensure smooth storytelling.

Blokes all these people know is to use TRPs as a means of disruptive story telling.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

blokesbvs7691JustShantaanu17Neerjaa..sush..

fatssrilanka IF-Achieverz
fatssrilanka
fatssrilanka

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Right now Dev is the only weak character.Want him to become stronger & help Radhika in her mission.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blokes

Annamarie Goldie
Annamarie
Annamarie

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Agree with u guys...
BinKuchKahe. IF-Sizzlerz
BinKuchKahe.
BinKuchKahe.

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Hello blokes, I always used to read your posts in CB1 forum and i'm glad you're still around. I love to read your posts. I am in a hurry so i'll make it quick.
Coming to the topic, i agree with you. Dev has definitely been portrayed to be weak and i really hate it. It really annoys me to see him constantly screaming at Radhika. He fails to see (in my opinion) that he is as responsible as Radhika is. If she has hidden the truth, so has he. Furthermore, he doesn't even think that Radhika is all alone in the house. If he can't give her her right, he can at least help by being her friend or secretly help her. Its no use that he tries to hurt himself after hurting Rads. 
Also, i would love to see some bonding between Rohan & Radhika. Now that it is clear that Rohan is pretending to be mad, i feel he should try to be Radhika's friend rather than be a villain and seperate RaDev. It would be nice to see him understanding Radhika and helping her out. Though, i doubt that will happen because the CVs always like to make RaDev suffer.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12blokes..yajnaseni..Neerjaa..sush..

Anamika100 IF-Dazzler
Anamika100
Anamika100

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Blokes - Agree with you that there are so many potential storylines and avenues to explore  here.  My wish list:

• Dev to stop fierce scowl and actually start wearing a very thoughtful look  while he thinks about:
    • Why did Dadaji not show any recovery with all these treatments
    • Why has Badi Maa not told Shanti that Dev does not want to get married to Chanda
    • What makes Radhika tick?
    • Start talking to his Daima like he used to when he was younger
    • Overhear some Viraat and Badima dialogues with Dadaji
    • Actually start picking up some signals from Dadaji's eyes...
    • Also bring back Dev's CB1 nighttime white kurta look
  • Radhika and Dadaji track should be expanded showing that while Radhika is trying to cure him (with some success),   he drops clues that enable the little Nancy Drew to piece together who is Dev and the secret of the youngest grandson and  who is going to be Raj Purohit and the evil Badi Maa and the vasiyat etc.  This would be a parallel track to the Dev, Radhika, Rohan track.
  • Radhika and Daima interaction where Radhika gets some maternal love and an insight into Dev's childhood, psyche and family background.
  • Some Radhika and Mohini relationship development rather than this superfluous jealousy  that is so typical in all serials.
  • Chanda and Shanti pursuing Dev would be hilarious.
  • I definitely do not want to see Rohan as the Villain.  Instead, I want to see him as the cupid.
Lovely thread!!!!!

Edited by Anamika100 - 24 May 2011 at 9:35am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12blokesradhika5Shivanee31bholabearNeerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index