nk.mail
nk.mail

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lghosh

Tum dono shoppin ja rahi ho?! 

Mujhe bataya bhi nahi Cry

Katti

Arre tu bhi chal kaun mana kiya?? Big smile

Rupa welcome aboard!! Get ready for the wedding, we r talking about our outfits & menu for the wedding. Big smile
[/QUOTE]

Yay!!!!! Mein lehenga pehnungi!!! Big smile

Ya tum log bhi thoda suggest kar sakte ho Embarrassed

M very tomboyish 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SachDJlghoshtogepe30

purvimeh IF-Rockerz
purvimeh
purvimeh

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for noticing that!

I have actually seen that happen

Middle class homes or lower middle class homes get engulfed by the "weddiing spirit. Every person "wants to" play a role and if a person does not get a role they will gang up againts the family thats hosting the wedding and b----- away

Affluent homes on the other hand wear a "schooled indifference" if I can say that. People are doing their thing. Men are casual talking about sporting events, technology or investing etc
They dress stylishly in designer wear and show up at the venue
[/QUOTE]

Aditee... very true..I have seen that happening as well ! Its  shame...in so many ways esp when u gang up ! while on the end it never that way...the spirit i... the atmosphere ittself is so so different  compared when u get a girl married off to how u welcome a bride in your home.. I loved it how u captured it... ! good job girl..

Lana.. am wearing a  a dhoop chao rust and mehndi green silk bhandi  saree.. !Big smile A Gujju Touch ! 

Shaadi Ka Menu i was not told Ouch I think aditee is doing the menu herself ! Big smile

Edited by purvimeh - 24 May 2011 at 10:11pm

nk.maillghoshtogepe30

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Padho Wink

Arre wah tu toh kamal ki ladki hai! Haan ab lag raha hai shaadi ka menu!! Kya bolti hai Vandana?? Looks good na?

Ekdum Jhakaas !!
Btw Gujju me chidiya ko bhi Chakli bolte hain !!

Edited by togepe30 - 24 May 2011 at 10:11pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nk.maillghosh

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Casa.Addict

Neha yeh thoda zyada ho gaya, loan leke shaadi kar rahi hai Khanak, itna nahi ho payega! Teri pahele wali menu rakhte hai! LOL

nk.mail-Ray-togepe30

-Ray- IF-Dazzler
-Ray-
-Ray-

mujhe non-veg chahiye menu me .
aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

PART 69 E

29th May 2011 8:00- 9:30 PM

Le Meridien, Ahmedabad

Akhil: What does it even say

Prad: Well you just have to send a request wont you? (mocking)

Akhil: Bhayya (looks pleadingly at Shaan)

His face is inscrutable

Shaan: Prad, if you don't want to share, just knock it off!

Prad senses a warning in the tone and backs off a lil and offers an olive branch to Shaan

Prad: Hey, do you know what she means?She says "From the 13th to the 7th"

A  quick look of awareness spreads over his face after a minute but he masks it easily and responds with a "I don't know!"

Prad: Even her friends don't have a clue. She rarely says anything on FB, so all her friends are overjoyed to see her post!

Warm color spreads over Shaan's face, "Akhil get cracking please, Chachi has been here twice"

Prad just stares at his phone and looks mighty confused. Shaan gets up and leaves not before giving him one last look.

The other guys carry on with their racous talks.

Shaan enters his suite, sorry the suite he will share with his new wife. Its again all off white and tan with silver blue curtains and vases. There is a room with sofas and a huge TV and attached to it is a huge bedroom with a king size bed. There is a walk in closet and a sofa by the bed. A flat screen TV hung from the wall. The study desk was in the "living room" and two laptops were left on screen saver mode. What looks like an expensive camera lay on the coffee table by the bed.

His closet was a lil cluttered, fresh laundry hung in bags, some clothes hung from the rod itself. The area by the wash basin  had stuff all around it, colognes, aftershaves, a pack of disposable razors, a can of shaving cream lay carelessly.

A  new piece of clothing hung in his closet a  bag with MM on it, the signature M Malhotra packaging, it was apparently "hand delivered" according to Mom, earlier in the day.

He unzipped it to reveal the choice he had made at his studios last week, a pearl colored wedding outfit, with Nehru color and almost invisible embroidery around the neck and down on the trim and an offwhite chudidar. It was a cross between a sherwani and a Kurta not too long, ended a few inches above his knee.

He showered, shaved answering multiple pleas "Bhayya jaldi" "Shaan, are you not ready yet?" "Gujral, what the heck are you doing man?" "Beta jaldi karo".

No "grooming" visits to the men's salon for him! He could groom himself!

He actually stole some time to upload some pictures on to his PC and free up his disk space on the camera. That derailed him big time.

When he stepped out to the lounge, there were seetis and claps. His Mom looked a little moved for some reason. His Dad hugged him when he attempted to bend down for blessings, Dadi was visibly moved also. His male cousins started ribbing, they just needed a pretext anyway.

The pu ndit was ready in the lobby much to Shaan's embarrassment there were 50 other guests already waiting to board the luxury bus to the venue.

He spots Rahat and Noor, walks over to them, Rahat hugs him and pats his shoulder

Rahat: Congrats Gujral! Welcome to my world

Shaan: Yep! Looks like it!

Noor: She looks gorgeous! I had no idea you guys were dating

Shaan: I didn't either

Rahat (to Noor): It was  all arranged , or so "he wants us to believe" (winks at Shaan)

Shaan: Yep!

Noor: I am so sad I missed the engagement.

Shaan: the wedding is all that matters.

Noor: I cant wait to meet her!

Shaan smiles

The shehnai guys start to play the pundit  starts chanting married ladies from his family tie the 'pagadi' or turban, the 'sehra' or floral veil, which covers his face, put 'shagun' in his 'jholi' or lap and bless the groom. The 'shagun' consists of a red 'dupatta', dried coconut and dried dates or 'chuaare.

The photo and videographer have a field day. He starts getting irritated

Shaan: Mom can I please wear this thing when we get there?

Madz: Are you kidding? Absolutely not!

Sunil: Shaan, Bhayya wore it 3 years ago, he never complained. Quit being a whiner.

Shaan sulks behind the veil.

Akshay looks anxious when he gives him a hug,

Shaan: kya hua Bhayya?

Akshay: Nothing dude! Chachi finally got around to "chatting with Khushboo" They should be out soon.

Shaan: Mom whats going on?

Chachi walks out of the elevator beaming

Ambika Gujral: Congratulations Akshay Gujral, Khushboo is pregnant!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The whole group breaks into a jig

Edited by aditee - 24 May 2011 at 10:13pm

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

mitraraajapooja.88vineeta2108ONAegovijusbUjjwalaAussiegalchristmasbaransangitasenguptaktymfannk.maildishbhanSachDJanyalolitacandy84k.krithikajyothi1989iluvmanar-SYS--Ray--Unknown-22RB81priya_cool_123OlicityFanpurvimehMFRanjiniDiehardYMfanpoo_jFanaahadventure_gurlkrocklghoshtogepe30shanakyasharan

nk.mail Goldie
nk.mail
nk.mail

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Casa.Addict

Neha yeh thoda zyada ho gaya, loan leke shaadi kar rahi hai Khanak, itna nahi ho payega! Teri pahele wali menu rakhte hai! LOL

Usmein se kuch items select kar sakte hai isliye ye list di thi, kya aap bhi  LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lghosh

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Ray-

mujhe non-veg chahiye menu me .

Maine suggest kiya hai..

Assorted Kebabs
Hyderabadi Biryani and Mirchi ka Salan
Murg MusallamLOL