Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Casa Thread 3 72 A on 147!!! (Page 2)

purvimeh IF-Rockerz
purvimeh
purvimeh

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Aditeee

I dunno abt the Chuda Kholan... Yes the ring finding in the pot is in us...!There is one more which is done on a small scale...usually done by the groom sister during maarige the Girls sister ties the gad Bandhan and   after Marriage.. The cpl goes to the temple and the groom sister  unties the  gath bandhan... it usually done by a bargain..& then she hand over the same to the Bride for the rest of her life.. Its more like ur  marriage success is in my hands... or u will be troubled.(weird isn't it).  and of course  the groom sister does not allow the cpl to enter home till she is paid for it..!! That about it !! from our Gujju marriage..

Oh ! there is one more.. Once the Sindoor and phrea and mangal sutra is done.. all the girls from both the fly drops rice in the girls hand and whispers in the brides ear " akhand Saubhagyawati.."

During the 4th Phera The brie bro hold the Groom leg right angoota & does not allow the groom to take the next 2 pheras till he is paid...& ask the groom to promise him that he wld keep his sister very happy..for the rest of his like... It like the brother doing his side of the kanyadaan

Edited by purvimeh - 22 May 2011 at 6:02pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dishbhanSachDJsaaazdestinylovelghosh

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Obviously the joote le lo paise de do, then at Shaan's home Ujjawala & Saaz can ask for more money before he gets into his suhaag raat. Baaki sab batayo ladkiyon aur kya kya hota hai!

Khane mein kuch masti nahi hogi as far as Shaan is concerned??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SachDJ

SachDJ Goldie
SachDJ
SachDJ

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

DJ

Give us some great Panju wedding pranks will you?

Purvi:
Any Gujju ones?

Both of you, any other wedding rituals that dont routinely get mentioned?

I know of Kangna kholna and the finding the ring game from the pot of diluted milk and flowers

Anything else that lets the family razz them?

I want to include them all

The shoes part is big we call it "boot lookayi" and all saalis troubling and flirting, you already got the ring thing.

Another intersting one I have seen is that they tie a thread with 5 knots on both bride and groom, they need to open the knots. The symbolism is it takes time, patience, love and respect to unravel a person. Of course whoever get its the fastest wins Wink

Another one we so is that once the girl comes to grooms house after vidayi, they make a kichdi, and all the female relatives feed it to the girl, she "gets" to know everyone. Younger cousins and kids can present gifts, they have to show respect by touching feet and all...and of bride and groom hate that part..

Pranks are all around. From mirchi khana to lost the bride. Anything fun gos.

The symbolism for ring part is old fashioned, long back, I am not sure if this ever happened, the bride and groom got married without even "seeing" each other, so this "game" let them do the "first" touchy feely part in front of everyone.

Edited by SachDJ - 22 May 2011 at 6:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nk.maildishbhanlghosh

SachDJ Goldie
SachDJ
SachDJ

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Also we have haldi, both for bride and groom before wedding.
purvimeh IF-Rockerz
purvimeh
purvimeh

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
This is very off topic... Lana.. Ek baat bata.. am very fascinated by the Bongo marriage..to what I saw in TL... What is that the bride has in her hand with the betel leaf?
lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
DJ oh u too have the thread thing, in bong wedding too we have that. Usually the brides sister & the groom's sister ties the thread on the day of marriage in a tight knot & on the suhaag raat night the couple is supposed to untie it, the groom does it for the bride & the bride unties the groom's.
The more bigger & tighter the knot the more leg pulling goes on because their suhaag raat is delayed. Btw the suhaag raat in a bong wedding is 2 days after marriage. So a long wait! LOL

And also after the bride comes home to sasural next day after the wedding we have some games played where the ring or some other stuff is hidden in rice & the bride & groom r supposed to find it & all teases them about touching their fingers in the rice! DJ I am getting reminded as u r saying it! Or else I completely forgot all about them. Big smile Some rituals feels weird & plain stupid I tell ya but in that environment what matters is the fun & frolic.

Edited by lghosh - 22 May 2011 at 6:12pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nk.maildishbhanSachDJpurvimeh

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purvimeh

This is very off topic... Lana.. Ek baat bata.. am very fascinated by the Bongo marriage..to what I saw in TL... What is that the bride has in her hand with the betel leaf?

Purvi r u talking about when the bride is carried by her brothers & she has to cover her face with the betel leaf? They take her around the groom standing 7 times & she has to cover her face. After that the groom & bride sees each other in 'subh drishti' for the 1st time & then exchange of garlands follows.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SachDJpurvimeh

lghosh IF-Sizzlerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Sach mein hamare India mein kitna huge cultures & traditions hai, hai na??!! Each state & caste & creed has their own norms & rituals & every one of them has their own significance & importance & meaning.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nk.mailSachDJ

Go to top