Sonu Nigam Appreciation Thread (Page 5)

_Anonymous_ IF-Dazzler
_Anonymous_
_Anonymous_

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by brahmabul

Some Facts and stories about Sonu Nigam

Sonu Niigaam hits highest note for patriotic song

Music director Shamir Tandon can't stop raving about Sonu Niigaam who hit the highest note ever for a patriotic track in the film Kandahar. Directed by retired army officer, Major Ravi, the trilingual project in Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam, toplines Amitabh Bachchan and Mohanlal."The song in question is Naman hai.. and Sonu has hit the highest note in human vocal registry with an open-throat effort without singing falsetto," explains Tandon. Technically, the last octave is the highest possible note that can be humanly hit. And it's usually achieved while singing falsetto when the voice begins to vibrate and turns shrill.

"Sonu was unaware of what he had done. Very few people in the world can go this far. The late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was an exception but even he sounded shrill. Sonu sustained the pitch admirably and the heaviness in his voice added a melancholic touch to the song," exults Tandon.

Naman hai'has been penned by lyricist Sandeep Nath who also wrote verses for Tandon's earlier soundtracks for movies like Page 3 and Corporate. "Ravi wanted lines that weren't overdramatic and he wanted a Hindi synonym of salaam that could be used across the three languages. Naman is another word for salute in Hindi," says Tandon.

This soft rock number, complete with electric violin, guitar distortion and live drums, though in Hindi, will be used in all three versions of the film. The other songs will be dubbed in the respective languages.

Ahh I've been dying to hear this song ever since you told me about it last year.. its still not out yet? Unhappy

somone999 IF-Dazzler
somone999
somone999

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Sonu Nigam, a singer who has never failed to impress. Whether we talk about his versatile singing, his professional attitude, his down-to-earth behavior or his humorous nature. In other words, he is a complete artist, in search of new panoramas every time he comes to sing.Smile

Talking about his concerts, he is the best entertainer I have ever seen. He exactly knows how to keep his audience entertained by pertaining a light-hearted atmosphere during his concerts. His famous rendition 'Aloo-gobi-mooli-matar paneer' Big smile of explaining how a piece of music is made, is such a wonderfully simple and interesting part of most of his concerts. If you haven't seen this side of Sonu Nigam... Then I recommend you should watch this video from one of his concerts...

Most of the singers nowadays can only sing well while recording in studios, once they perform live you get to know their real capabilities. Here comes the absolute charm of Sonu Nigam, not only can he sing live excellently, but he can creatively add his own renditions with in it at that very moment. Making the song sound different as well as giving it a fresh feel. Want to hear such a performance from him? Here you go, Check out how he sang the famous 'Soniyo' song. Smile

Coming to Sonu's mimicry, here I can directly assert that I have never ever seen a more perfect mimic than Sonu. Mimicry is an art not easily captured by every other layman. Sonu not only copies the exact ditto voice of the singers he copies, but his body language immediately becomes like that singer. Plus, the most interesting part, Sonu can actually copy female voices too, which always amazes me. Big smile  His timing and presentation is so perfect that we actually feel the particular singer standing before us and that's what makes all of his mimicry performances such a side-splitting experience. Here's a glimpse of what he did in Indian Idol 4. Big smile

Sonu Nigam, in my eyes, is a legendary star and I am extremely proud to be a part of the generation which has grown up listening to him. Smile

Edited by somone999 - 25 May 2011 at 11:21pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

brahmabul_Anonymous_ZoobiDoobi

somone999 IF-Dazzler
somone999
somone999

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by brahmabul

@ Brahmabul... Uff...so delicately sung...beautiful... Heart
Worry not ji, assi aa gaye aan ithay...sonu ji aur tuade vaste... Big smile

@ Zoobi... Tussi apni gaaliyan apne paas rakho. Samjhee. Warna karrara jawab milega... Wink

@ _Anonymous_... Heyyy! Long time...  Nice thread!

Edited by somone999 - 25 May 2011 at 11:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

brahmabulZoobiDoobi

lonelyshadow IF-Sizzlerz
lonelyshadow
lonelyshadow

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Count me in!<3

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ZoobiDoobi

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by somone999

@ Brahmabul... Uff...so delicately sung...beautiful... Heart
Worry not ji, assi aa gaye aan ithay...sonu ji aur tuade vaste... Big smile
@ Zoobi... Tussi apni gaaliyan apne paas rakho. Samjhee. Warna karrara jawab milega... Wink
@ _Anonymous_... Heyyy! Long time...  Nice thread!

ShockedShockedShockedShocked Broken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken Heart

Sonu ji dekh rahey ho mere saath yahan kya kya ho raha hai.
It was ur voice which attracted me here. but Broken Heart
ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:40am | IP Logged

I am listening to this. Here posting too. Day Dreaming So beautiful.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

brahmabulsomone999

somone999 IF-Dazzler
somone999
somone999

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Shocked Broken Heart
Sonu ji dekh rahey ho mere saath yahan kya kya ho raha hai.
It was ur voice which attracted me here. but Broken Heart

Buahaha... Sonu ji ko kyun bol rahi ho basanti... Drama Queen... LOL
Chalo khush hojao, aaj hum achay mood main hain islye tumhe maaf karte hain... Tongue
And here is dhamakedaar Sonu song for you... Big smile

ZoobiDoobi

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by somone999

Buahaha... Sonu ji ko kyun bol rahi ho basanti... Drama Queen... LOL
Chalo khush hojao, aaj hum achay mood main hain islye tumhe maaf karte hain... Tongue
And here is dhamakedaar Sonu song for you... Big smile

Main drama queen ho gayi ab? ShockedCry weisay woh tou main born hi drama queen thi. LOL
Mera Jab we met song. Dancing bebo Party
I love this song. But in the beginning i had a hard time recognizing which part is by Sonu and which is by Javed LOL

somone999

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

X Factor India Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index