X Factor India

Sonu Nigam Appreciation Thread

_Anonymous_ IF-Dazzler
_Anonymous_
_Anonymous_

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged

Sonu Nigam

Taken From Wiki:

Over the years, Sonu has become a major force in the Indian music industry. He has provided playback singing for a large number of Hindi movies and won many awards. His rendition of the title song of the film Kal Ho Na Ho has been highly popular and is considered a modern legend of sorts. He is recognised for his versatile voice, with his voice adapted excellently to the actor he is singing for, as well as his excellent emotion range, with perfect singing of romantic, rock, sad, patriotic and other songs of various genres. Sonu has sung various songs in many languages besides Hindi, including Kannada, Bengali, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Bhojpuri, Urdu, Nepali and Marathi.[3] But it is in the in Southern India, mainly in Karnataka that he acquired the super star status as a singer for his Kannada songs and has won many awards in Sandalwood (The Kannada Film Industry). His Kannada album called Neene Bari Neene released all over in 2009 and was considered a big hit all over the country.

Television

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (Zee TV):
Sonu Nigam was the host in Sa Re Ga Ma from 1st May 1995 to 1999. He was the first host on the show. He returned on
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs International as a Judge along with Suresh Wadkar in October 2007 after 8 years in a historical moment of sorts. Sonu Nigam also appeared as a Celebrity Judge on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Mega Challenge grand finale on 12th December 2009 which marked the 1000th episode of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa along with Suresh Wadkar and Pyarelal.

Kisme Kitna Hai Dum (Star Plus):
Sonu Nigam hosted a TV show Kisme Kitna Hai Dum on Star Plus in 2002.

Indian Idol (Sony Entertainment Television):
Sonu Nigam appeared as the Judge for the first time on Indian Idol (an adaptation of Pop Idol) in season 1 (October 2004 - March 2005) and season 2 (November 2005 - April 2006). He also appeared as a Celebrity Judge in Season 3 (17th August 2007) and Season 4 (16th January 2009 and 6th February 2009) of Indian Idol.

Amul Star Voice of India (Star Plus):
Sonu Nigam appeared as a Celebrity Judge on Amul Star Voice of India in August 2007 (Season 1) and in December 2008 (Season 2).

Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar (Star Plus):
Sonu Nigam appeared as a Guest Judge on the Grand Finale of Indian music reality show Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar on July 12th 2008.

Chhote Ustaad (Star Plus):
Sonu Nigam was a Judge/Mentor on Chhote Ustaad - Do Deshon Ki Ek Awaaz (July 2010 - October 2010) along with Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.

X Factor (India) (Sony Entertainment Television):
Sonu Nigam will be seen as a Judge in the first season of X Factor (India) (a television talent show franchise originating in the United Kingdom) along with Shreya Ghoshal and Sanjay Leela Bhansali. This show is scheduled to be aired on Sony Entertainment Television on May 29th 2011.

Edited by _Anonymous_ - 22 May 2011 at 5:12pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

oktobershrutireddygr8brahmabulShreyacool_Sahra_somone999Shayariswtbabychammak_challoMyInspirationzIshradivanluveresseesse-Aaliyah-WreckLassDiamondLifepinkisluv91ani_grtulipbaby53Angel-likeDevil

_Anonymous_ IF-Dazzler
_Anonymous_
_Anonymous_

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Future projects (from wiki)

Sonu Nigam has a new album in the pipeline. His future projects also include an English album called Spirit Unfolding.[14] He may be acting in a new film called Ankhon Hi Ankhon Mein, about a blind singer, although he has not officially signed it yet.[15]

He is working on a unique project called Time Travel, wherein his voice will be aligned with erstwhile singers in yesteryear Hindi songs

Ahhh this sounds SOOO COOL! hayeee mera sonu Day Dreaming

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

brahmabulsomone999IshradivanluverAngel-likeDevilani_grtulipbaby53

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
I m in Party

Not biggest but sweetest Sonu Fan Day Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Sahra__Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ IF-Dazzler
_Anonymous_
_Anonymous_

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
woot! Dancing but im not gonna create a member list since practically everyone joining the forum will love sonu Day Dreaming

-Aaliyah-ZoobiDoobi

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
LOL true that! 

I'm glad your back Hug 

_Anonymous_ZoobiDoobi

_Anonymous_ IF-Dazzler
_Anonymous_
_Anonymous_

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

LOL true that! 

I'm glad your back Hug 
awww Hug

have you already seen the promos on the official site?? the only thing i dislike about these singing reality shows are when they 'zaleel' besura singers.. like bechare Ouch i totally cringe when that happens.. like just shoo them off stage, why make a total spectacle of it you know?Ouch

..Chandni..-Aaliyah-

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Anonymous_

Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

LOL true that! 

I'm glad your back Hug 
awww Hug

have you already seen the promos on the official site?? the only thing i dislike about these singing reality shows are when they 'zaleel' besura singers.. like bechare Ouch i totally cringe when that happens.. like just shoo them off stage, why make a total spectacle of it you know?Ouch

OMG I know! They just sit there laughing and it's just like Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Anonymous_

neetusidhu Goldie
neetusidhu
neetusidhu

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
omg thank you for making this sonu app thread...i completely love him...omg...hai...cant wait for the show to start than i can see him every week on tv...

_Anonymous_ZoobiDoobi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index