Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Facts and data to support ur emails to save PKYEK. (Page 5)

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

You are not trying to understand facts. People who earn money through net, render certain services exclusively to their entrepreneur. But YouTube is not among those commercial organization. Hosting videos can never be such a service. Because anyone can view videos on YouTube for unlimited times and can do it for free. If somehow (I don't know how) the channel manages to tap these views and charge the YouTube, it will become beggar in a day. Nor would we get to see videos on YouTube for free. Because YouTube will extract the money from the viewers to pay the channels. Infact I think its YouTube who should charge the channel for hosting its videos. But youtube doesn't do that. It allows uploaders to upload and download videos for free. Isn't this more than enough philanthropy for internet users?

Commercials work on a different process from that of TV serials. Commercials can be generated through several processes - TV, News Papers, Posters, Hoardings, Internet etc. Their scope is much wider. But TV shows can't accept these means otherwise the thing called Television itself would be extinct. And let me repeat this once again, Revenue generation cannot and should not be completely in the hands of the channel or any private entrepreneur. Otherwise the system of Taxing will come to an end. There will be no official taxes on these income as they are unpredictable and unofficial.
>>Look I understand Internet very well. I am 21st century person - 90% of time I spend on internet, just 25 minutes on TV for PKYEK and rest of it sleeping or household work. So, I understand it very well that people earn a lot of money using these resources. 

You are not understanding what I am trying to say. It is a wake up call for the channels. The saas-bahu audience is slowly getting smaller with more and more youth getting away from those dramas. If more channels move in that direction then the already getting smaller audience will get shared among those channels. So, if an advertiser gives x amount to Star Plus or Sony for 8: 30 PM slot for a saas-bahu show then why will they also pay Star One for the same product and the same slot? But another advertiser targetting youth will pay Star One for the same slot. But Star One needs to project their numbers correctly.

Shall I give you an example how to tap the right sources? One buzz article about PKYEK has generated a stirr at the Forum, must have increased the TRPs atleast for this week, generated petitions, Facebook linkings and twitter updates. For me the right media is internet media for youth and not TV. There may be news on a channel but that won't affect youth but if there is buzz on IF, it mmediately affects. And they don't have to get free youtube videos but by exploring the options for IP or Internet Tv. BTW, youtube also has advertisements.

The Government's TRP system is not at all age-old. It was framed in recent times. Previously they used a manual Diary system to collect the ratings. I suggest you see the pros and cons of a law or a system before calling it outdated or irrelevant. Star One is intrinsically low on TRPs because of its limited Geographical coverage in India. Other than major cities, its hard to get Star One in India. But if the channel tries to find 'Out of the box' ways which doesn't comply with the laws, they will end up in jail and the channel itself will be banned.
>>Look I don't have to get into the details of law system but if a TRP system is based on just switching on tv at 8:25 PM by a randomly selected people, then it is not giving the right projection of audience. What about the people who are watching it online? Somebody needs to spend time in thinking about how to tap them. Their revenue resources depend on that. If they are ignoring it then its unfortunate because after 5 years, this will be the current generation and Star One may have lost it to foreign media and Internet tvs. This generation doesn't want to watch Saas-bahu dramas- and somebody needs to understand that now. If they wake up after five years and start revamping their strategies again, it will be too late by then.

Look, I am not discouraging you to support your favourite shows (infact I also want SO to retain its youth flavour and come up with better shows for us), but by remaining oblivious to facts you'll end up barking at the wrong tree.
>> I know you are not discouraging but trying to give your viewpoints.But these are mine looking at the trend in technologies and future, I still feel that Star One is not exploring the right reasons for show failures. And I enjoyed discussing with youLOL

Edited by Ritzie - 24 May 2011 at 12:59pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-rupa-

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
The online audience cannot be counted as viewers. No country can do that and there is logic behind this system. 1000 people can record the same video and upload it on YouTube at the same time; so whom are you gonna charge. For that you need a Copyright such that only a certain uploader is authorized to upload a particular serial's video. But that is possible only if the serial is completely over. For example, the Rajshri Productions are the authorized uploaders of the serial Mahabharat. Others trying to upload its Episodes would be charged of Copyright infringement and their IDs will be banned. But you can't get Copyright on daily basis for ongoing shows. That is why the YouTube is in no way answerable to the channel for hosting its videos for free.

The method of collecting samples also has its own relevance. You need to understand that all class of Indians do not have access to all sort of channels. In the countryside, most of these channels are unavailable. So the Ministry of Information and Broadcast selects those sample houses which have access to almost all channels and the family members watch most of these channels. As per Indian Urban demographics, this number is quite low compared to the Western countries.

As I said earlier, the channel can Promote its shows in as many ways as it can, but it cannot do anything outside the legal system lest it would be banned and its owners would be sentenced.
abhina_roks Goldie
abhina_roks
abhina_roks

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
nice post...
i want a add a point here...many people have tata sky at home who usually record the programs and watch it at diff times...so how are they going to count these viewers?
this whole TRP system counting on age old TV sharply sitting at that time is gone and wrong...
all the saas bahu dramas as they are watched by old people, they sharply sit at that time and watch...

Ritzie

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

The online audience cannot be counted as viewers. No country can do that and there is logic behind this system. 1000 people can record the same video and upload it on YouTube at the same time; so whom are you gonna charge. For that you need a Copyright such that only a certain uploader is authorized to upload a particular serial's video. But that is possible only if the serial is completely over. For example, the Rajshri Productions are the authorized uploaders of the serial Mahabharat. Others trying to upload its Episodes would be charged of Copyright infringement and their IDs will be banned. But you can't get Copyright on daily basis for ongoing shows. That is why the YouTube is in no way answerable to the channel for hosting its videos for free.
>> You are again getting me wrong. Nobody charges the uploader. Uploaders are actually helping the serial getting popular. See, even the basic concepts need to change here LOL. The revenue is from the advertisements and not from the uploaders or viewers. You show the advertisers how popular your show is by showing the Internet data. All sensible do that. All media people do that. 
There is nothing illegal in this, You are showing the popularity of your own show based on Internet stats instead of old-age TRP system. Where does logal issue come in that?Shocked

The method of collecting samples also has its own relevance. You need to understand that all class of Indians do not have access to all sort of channels. In the countryside, most of these channels are unavailable. So the Ministry of Information and Broadcast selects those sample houses which have access to almost all channels and the family members watch most of these channels. As per Indian Urban demographics, this number is quite low compared to the Western countries.
>>Okay then may be there needs to be two TRP systems - one for suburbans and one for urbans. Then only the right advertisements can go to right people. 

@Red Even now you can't get why? Because most of the urbans are going to watch online. This is what I am cribbing about. In the most desnsly populated country of the world, which probably has the highest urban population, Channels can't get enough youth viewers? Why? Does that sound right? And in five years, you will loose all PKYEK fans to TVD or to say correctly, all Indian youth to Western Internet TVs. What will Indian channel do then?

As I said earlier, the channel can Promote its shows in as many ways as it can, but it cannot do anything outside the legal system lest it would be banned and its owners would be sentenced.
>>I said above, promoting your own show using Internet stats is not outside any legal system in the world. Unless ofcourse the systems where Internet itself is banned. I don't think Indian democratic is going that way.

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kisivaj

nice post...
i want a add a point here...many people have tata sky at home who usually record the programs and watch it at diff times...so how are they going to count these viewers?
this whole TRP system counting on age old TV sharply sitting at that time is gone and wrong...
all the saas bahu dramas as they are watched by old people, they sharply sit at that time and watch...

Exactly Kisivaj - that's my point. No tapping of right resource and right time, you will loose them permanently.

abhina_roks

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritzie

>> You are again getting me wrong. Nobody charges the uploader. Uploaders are actually helping the serial getting popular. See, even the basic concepts need to change here LOL. The revenue is from the advertisements and not from the uploaders or viewers. You show the advertisers how popular your show is by showing the Internet data. All sensible do that. All media people do that. 
There is nothing illegal in this, You are showing the popularity of your own show based on Internet stats instead of old-age TRP system. Where does logal issue come in that?Shocked

But dear, popularity/promotion and revenue generation are two different aspects. For example, Cadbury Dairymilk puts out advertisement on various platforms - TV, Internet, papers, hoardings etc. This is called promotion, but the actual revenue comes only when the customer walks into a shop and buys the product. The same is here. Channels can promote their shows by all means - no body is stopping them, but they can't blame the Government if it counts TRP with actual TV viewers. Otherwise the system of Television will itself come to an end and there will be no taxable income from TV shows. Repeatedly you are ignoring Government's tax policies, which forms the basis for all economic functioning in the country.

>>Okay then may be there needs to be two TRP systems - one for suburbans and one for urbans. Then only the right advertisements can go to right people.

@Red Even now you can't get why? Because most of the urbans are going to watch online. This is what I am cribbing about. In the most desnsly populated country of the world, which probably has the highest urban population, Channels can't get enough youth viewers? Why? Does that sound right? And in five years, you will loose all PKYEK fans to TVD or to say correctly, all Indian youth to Western Internet TVs. What will Indian channel do then?

No its not because urban people watch serials online, its because even among urban users, most cannot afford expensive cable connection and hence do not watch these shows. Besides channels like Star One are mostly pay-channels for local cable operators. Do you live in India? I seriously doubt that. I don't think that anyone who is aware of Indian society would say that all urban youth uses Internet in home or records TV shows in Tata Sky. Because both of these are still considered luxurious for average Indians. Only a fraction of Indian urban people own a PC at home and even less have got Internet connection. And may be a handful have got expensive systems like Live Video Recording DTH services. And as I said, there is NO WAY of generating any official income from free hosting sites like YouTube. Even USA cannot do that. Indian Government need to worry about the average people. It cannot make laws considering only a few rich or privileged youths or their choices. You consider yourself to be more advanced than the 'out-dated' Government offcials right? But if you take these factors into consideration I am sure you will agree to it that this is the best option we can think of for our situation.

>>I said above, promoting your own show using Internet stats is not outside any legal system in the world. Unless ofcourse the systems where Internet itself is banned. I don't think Indian democratic is going that way.

Yeah, I said that promoting is very much allowed. Infact when I went to Mumbai, I heard the promotions of PKYEK in the local FM as well. Even here in Bengal, many shows are promoted through Internet, Radio or news paper. If the channel can come up with innovative ways to attract viewers, that's really good. But the actual ratings still depend on Prime Time viewership.

-rupa-

-Saruu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Saruu-
-Saruu-

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gurmina_devina

u know jo bhi ho..but still pkyek is on d top of starone...!!!!!!!
so dey can't do dis...i got some news dat some another show{i am not supposed to take name}..is not closing for another 1 year...so i think dey can't close dis rocking show whch has more trps den d other one..dey can close!!!!...
U Mean Geet?Smile
If u do,Then it did get extension BUT that cud also go.Nothing is safe,AT ALLConfused

Ritzie

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

Yeah, I said that promoting is very much allowed. Infact when I went to Mumbai, I heard the promotions of PKYEK in the local FM as well. Even here in Bengal, many shows are promoted through Internet, Radio or news paper. If the channel can come up with innovative ways to attract viewers, that's really good. But the actual ratings still depend on Prime Time viewership.

[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

@Red - This is all I am talking about - innovative ways to attract viewers. I hope that makes things clear. They can't change Govt's rating system - nobody can - even Govt will take years to change itLOL. But if Star One wants to be successful then they have to be innovative about their promotion and not goto ghissa pita ways of Saas Bahu dramas - whose audience is reducing day-by-day.

Edited by Ritzie - 24 May 2011 at 5:39pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index