Bade Acche Laggte Hai

A matured Love story : How feasible is that??? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 17

Eventide

Eventide

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

I too would have preferred that they show a love story without the trappings of a marriage instantly...that would have been actually gutsy on Ekta's part...to show two mature individuals in their 30s/40s who happen to eventually fall in love without being forced into a marriage...but I guess she has to bring in her saas-bahu drama from SOMEWHERE...and apparently no soap on desi TV is complete unless there's a majboori/forced marriage to throw ppl together and THEN make them fall in love.  When I'd first read about this show, that is what I'd thought might be the story...that they'd fall in love without any forced marriage drama...something along the lines of those Hollywood rom-coms like One Fine Day or something...not exactly young love.

And even now, based on the synopsis...it seems it will take a little time atleast for Ram and Priya to eventually get married...the marriage will be a catalyst for them to spend more time together I guess but otherwise they will have some interactions outside of that in the show for a bit it seems.

The concept has potential but it all depends on execution...they have the advantage of two very good actors also so it remains to be seen how that is utilized.

Agree with you, Anu, about the way it is conceptualized and finally executed. They have a lot working here, with talented actors. Love the effortless acting in the promos. It would have indeed been gutsy on Ekta's part to create a 'mature' love story without the trappings of kitchen politics. This show is definitely not targeted at teens and young adults. And very few of the older lot among the metered zones may have accepted middle aged leads falling in love without a dollop of saas bahu drama. Whatever little experience I have viewing desi shows, I don't remember any that explored relationships between middle aged characters without adultery being thrown in.

Loved your analysis on the relationship graph in the promos. Simple, everyday kind of scenes... nothing over the top. But well executed.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti-Pooja_219-Fivr-Prinsesse.SuviAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A matured Love story : How feasible is that??? (Page 6)" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eventide

Agree with you, Anu, about the way it is conceptualized and finally executed. They have a lot working here, with talented actors. Love the effortless acting in the promos. It would have indeed been gutsy on Ekta's part to create a 'mature' love story without the trappings of kitchen politics. This show is definitely not targeted at teens and young adults. And very few of the older lot among the metered zones may have accepted middle aged leads falling in love without a dollop of saas bahu drama. Whatever little experience I have viewing desi shows, I don't remember any that explored relationships between middle aged characters without adultery being thrown in.

Loved your analysis on the relationship graph in the promos. Simple, everyday kind of scenes... nothing over the top. But well executed.

Thanks, Sandy...the promos have indeed been wonderfully conceived and executed in a simple, natural manner that I find very appealing as well...and they tell this whole story like in these 30 second capsulesSmile Word on the effortless acting...ahh such a pleasure to watch such natural, experienced actors acting on TV again.

I think Ekta is deffo trying something different here and appealing to a different demographic...the saas-bahu crowd usually only wants to watch a young, bholi, sharmeeli girl married into some family that tortures her and then she tries to fight them off/make them love her or whatever...some of these elements will be there in BALH as well I guess seeing the character of Ram's stepmom and all...those touches will be there...but I want to see the RP relationship maturely explored in the midst of all this atleast...and again, it is the EFFORTLESS acting that I come back to that makes me think there will be some saving grace no matter what...lol

I do dread some weirdo storylines though involving extra-marital affairs or third angles with a random younger chick...Kekta is fully capable of springing that sort of nonsense in from anywhere *shudders*LOL

Maybe I'll forgive them if they keep on playing the BALH song on a loopDay DreamingLOL...that song melts me.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventide-Srushti-Pooja_219fuzzyface-Fivr-incandescencePrinsesse.SuviRockChicGirl

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

Thanks, Sandy...the promos have indeed been wonderfully conceived and executed in a simple, natural manner that I find very appealing as well...and they tell this whole story like in these 30 second capsulesSmile Word on the effortless acting...ahh such a pleasure to watch such natural, experienced actors acting on TV again.

I think Ekta is deffo trying something different here and appealing to a different demographic...the saas-bahu crowd usually only wants to watch a young, bholi, sharmeeli girl married into some family that tortures her and then she tries to fight them off/make them love her or whatever...some of these elements will be there in BALH as well I guess seeing the character of Ram's stepmom and all...those touches will be there...but I want to see the RP relationship maturely explored in the midst of all this atleast...and again, it is the EFFORTLESS acting that I come back to that makes me think there will be some saving grace no matter what...lol

I do dread some weirdo storylines though involving extra-marital affairs or third angles with a random younger chick...Kekta is fully capable of springing that sort of nonsense in from anywhere *shudders*LOL

Maybe I'll forgive them if they keep on playing the BALH song on a loopDay DreamingLOL...that song melts me.

@red: Don't forget random illegitimate kids coming out of the woodworks without warning or vindictive exes! Oh and off course the 1001 return-from-the-dead tracks! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventide-Srushti-fuzzyfacePrinsesse.SuviAreYaar

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

@red: Don't forget random illegitimate kids coming out of the woodworks without warning or vindictive exes! Oh and off course the 1001 return-from-the-dead tracks! ROFL

E lo!! Ekta Mai ki aatma ghus aayi aapme MM??? Serial shuru hone se pehle kabada kar diyaROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-Prinsesse.Suvi

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
LMAO Fivray...eggjactly...Kekta has shown us SUCH a variety of horrifying "twists" that we will always dread the worst...

Chalo show shuru hone pe dekhte hain kaunsa twist kahaan se aata hai...haha

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti--Fivr-Prinsesse.Suvi

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
@Srushti: Lol! Kekta Mai toh humare dil-o-dimag mein bethi hui hain.. After watching so many of her shows (too many to list without being embarassed) hum toh unki rag rag sey waqif hain! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

@Anu: Kekta's ability to conjure up the most RIDICULOUS tracks/twists I've ever seen, has been unparalleled so far! With LTL, the tracks are stupid COMPARED to what I've been used to with that show.. But they can still not compete with the nonsense Ekta has shown us in the point! Kekta Mai toh runs in a whole other league!

And for anyone wondering just how bad Ekta's lame twists can get, I just have one thing to say to you - Mukti's "death" in KZK.

I rest my case.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti-Prinsesse.SuviAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
No yaar, Fivr...No...LCL takes the cake *shudders* To me, what they've done with the "storyline" post MR's exit outdoes ANY Kekta crapfest...yes even Mukti's brutal sadistic death...that was atleast one clean wound that ended there only.

LCL is a wholeee another realm of nonsense that I can't even begin to describe...With Kekta atleast I've seen the entire gamut of what she's capable of...LCL just set new records of craptasticness that any show in the future will also find hard to match...trust me :P

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Roopa--Srushti-Pooja_219fuzzyface-Fivr-Prinsesse.Suvi

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
RRR ...why are you tiptoeing...you are here na...so post na...LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.