Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Bushy_92

Lovely topic Sushy...Chulbul giving me compliments...kya din aaya hai.🥳..and there is some wonderful discussion going on in this thread...😳.ya...some wonderful discussion😳

Lemme try to put my point forward...*scared muh* 😆.me too...scared of all this😆
I don't think so age has anything to do with falling in love...it can happen anytime at any age...Of course the way to show your love changes...the love that happens at a tender age is different in its execution... but the love that happens at a matured age is different...the people have different way of showing their love for each other...there is lot of respect for each other. There are no PDA's or any such stuff unlike the young age love...and there is a lot of understanding between each other... I don't think so the matured people use the words I Love You too often...i mean i have never heard my parents say I Love You to each although they loved each other deeply...😳 Whereas my cousin keeps saying his wife the same words very often 😆 The point i am trying to say is...the people who fall in love after "that age" as u said have a lot of maturity and understanding...and their way of showing love is different...! 😳 .Bang on!!  chulbul...you see the love never knows age..but the thing is growing age makes it difficult to fall in love ... it is not the PDAs and all onlly that compries love...there are so many things...the aftermath that is...and I love the point of your parents that you put forward..even in my case it is the same...but you see they did fall in love after their marriage...what I am saying is that marriage was the base...but that is a different case..the current concept has that marriage and then love ka concept..had there been no precondition would they have fallen at any age ...it is the base that they have to begin that is difficult to find..you see the plane needs a runway to fly..that runway has been maligned by experience, cynicism, cautiousness...and all..so this journey is going ot be wonderful..people who would not have chosen each other are now ready to fall in love...
and we are also ready with our magnifying glasses on😆

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nureat01

No yaar, Fivr...No...LCL takes the cake *shudders* To me, what they've done with the "storyline" post MR's exit outdoes ANY Kekta crapfest...yes even Mukti's brutal sadistic death...that was atleast one clean wound that ended there only.

LCL is a wholeee another realm of nonsense that I can't even begin to describe...With Kekta atleast I've seen the entire gamut of what she's capable of...LCL just set new records of craptasticness that any show in the future will also find hard to match...trust me :P

@red: Yeah, there is that.. I have never before felt the compound of effect of crappy twists as strongly as I have for LTL - but then I thought k maybe that was my own personal bias given as how I loved the show.. Lol! I guess I wasn't biased after all - the show is "objectively" (as objective as we can be with that nonsense now) crappy! 😆

Originally posted by: psawyer

Lovely topic, all. I had a very pleasant shock logging on today and seeing not only that the forum is opened already (usually forums aren't even open until after the show has begun😆) but also that there are some excellent discussions already going on. 

@Red - arre Fivr, give them a month or so before the 1001 returns from the dead! 🤣🤣 The thing is, for me at least, that despite the fact that I know that Ekta will resort to such tricks at some stage...despite the fact that there will be forced marriages, evil step mothers, deaths and miraculous rebirths etc, I will still be able to tolerate that because of the actors. They will be the ones to elevate the show from mediocrity.

Though, having said that, I think even Ekta realises that the era of the audiences mindlessly accepting her "bag full o'tricks" has long since passed, and that this is a new time in which the audience is not so easily forgiving. I hope that this means she will have learnt her lesson in some ways, and will keep the silliness mostly out of it. 

Lol! A month Vasu?! Arey yaar I was hoping for at least 3-4 months before the show began getting weird, if it absolutely has to happen! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 But I do agree with you about the actors making it easier to tolerate the weirdness in the show! I mean I remember loving the Janki days in KGGK - and the story wasn't that AMAZING at that point.. For one we were seeing the above mentioned 1001 return from the dead wala track.. But Sakshi's portrayal of Janki made it so worth my while! I used to love watching her on screen because SHE seemed to be enjoying herself too! So in that regards, even if the story gets mediocre (as it will, most likely), I do think that RK and ST have that charisma in their acting to hold me to the show.. And they will.. Because they CAN rise the even mediocre scenes to a better level at times.. But that's assuming k Kekta Mai doesn't come up with something more absurd than what we already know! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And I do hope that Ekta's realized that her audience have changed and need MORE than just a sati satvirti protagonists in an evil sitam-karne-wala sasural... And please, oh please! Lets hope Priya is not as slap happy as Tulsi/Parvati/Prerna! *prays fervently*

I want so see a NORMAL couple - a NORMAL middle-aged man and woman! Normal... *hopeful muh*
Edited by -Fivr- - 12 years ago
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Very lovely posts..Hope I can join in too. Since the day I have seen the promos of this show I have been wanting to see it. Waiting for this show to air.
As it is said "Love has no boundaries what so ever." I really want to see the love between 2 matured people, I want to see it from their perspective as we have seen enough love stories between young people. I have totally different expectations from this show and I really hope that it does not disappoint me. Ram and Shakshi are really good and seasoned actors and I am sure they will do justice to their characters. The promos are very subtle, very calm and very real-life kind - nothing flashy, jazzy. It will be a nice change from the daily run-to-mill kind of shows usually shown on TV.
Edited by anjubala - 12 years ago
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks, Sandy...the promos have indeed been wonderfully conceived and executed in a simple, natural manner that I find very appealing as well...and they tell this whole story like in these 30 second capsules😊 Word on the effortless acting...ahh such a pleasure to watch such natural, experienced actors acting on TV again.

I think Ekta is deffo trying something different here and appealing to a different demographic...the saas-bahu crowd usually only wants to watch a young, bholi, sharmeeli girl married into some family that tortures her and then she tries to fight them off/make them love her or whatever...some of these elements will be there in BALH as well I guess seeing the character of Ram's stepmom and all...those touches will be there...but I want to see the RP relationship maturely explored in the midst of all this atleast...and again, it is the EFFORTLESS acting that I come back to that makes me think there will be some saving grace no matter what...lol

I do dread some weirdo storylines though involving extra-marital affairs or third angles with a random younger chick...Kekta is fully capable of springing that sort of nonsense in from anywhere *shudders*😆

Maybe I'll forgive them if they keep on playing the BALH song on a loop😍😆...that song melts me.

@bold: couldn't agree with you more, Anu. Fail to understand how people just lap up the cookie cutter shows. And the shows that try and be different, are either unceremoniously dumped, or reined in to meet the 'requirements'.

I actually have no experience watching Ekta shows. This is going to be my first. Although am well aware of her reputation w.r.t. twists and stuff. Going by her notoriety, never know when the lame twists may be added. Hope she steers clear of them this time.
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

KZK was a good show at one point...probably the only K-show out of the first big three that I followed regularly at one point...but I stopped watching after it got too convoluted with the whole Anurag-Prerna-Bajaj drama started *rolls eyes*

But later on, PM were the best thing about that show and I will still cherish that about it...the cast was fantastic too...a great set of actors...especially Shweta, Ronit, MB, Tina.

KMH1 etc. type chindi shows toh bahut baad mein aaye...the original K-shows actually used to atleast have POWERFUL actors...nowadays toh she usually only casts expressionless newbies :P

Just a curiosity as i didn't watch KZK...whats PM? actually my mom used to watch these shows and i was still in school then and 6.30-10.30 was study time..never knew wht went on TV then..just caught glimpses of the show while taking snack and water breaks...i remember Komolika being famous in that show..and i loved that actress who was ronit's elder daughter as mentioned before ,classy lady,she is!

But i have fair idea of all the K's of that camp...but my favorite was Koshish ek aasha used to be on Zee long back...Sandhya Mridul and Varun Badola...i have vague recollection of that show..it was gud!
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@Fivr - yeah, we should have at least 4-5 months of peace before her messes begin!

Agree with you on Janki - Sakshi seemed to be having a blast with that role 😆; in fact, so did Meeta (Vashisht). So watching Janki and Trishna face off was the best thing ever because they were just so into it. 

I hope that Priya isn't as slap-happy as the teen deviyan (and to be fair the promos don't allude to BALH being that kind of show) but if she has to have the adarsh bahu thing then I would rather she be like Janki and be slap happy with her words and her badass-ness rather than with actual slaps. 
psawyer thumbnail
I loved Koshish Ek Asha - very interesting and different show (considering it was one of her early ones). 

PM was Prem and Mukti, the second generation leads of the show. They spawned a legion of premikas (myself included) because they were just so damn awesome. 
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: shilpita87

Just a curiosity as i didn't watch KZK...whats PM? actually my mom used to watch these shows and i was still in school then and 6.30-10.30 was study time..never knew wht went on TV then..just caught glimpses of the show while taking snack and water breaks...i remember Komolika being famous in that show..and i loved that actress who was ronit's elder daughter as mentioned before ,classy lady,she is!

But i have fair idea of all the K's of that camp...but my favorite was Koshish ek aasha used to be on Zee long back...Sandhya Mridul and Varun Badola...i have vague recollection of that show..it was gud!

PM = Prem-Mukti...the love story b/w Anurag-Prerna's son and Mukti, the daughter of Prerna-Bajaj's driver...they were both awesome characters and it was a  brilliant story with some amazing epic  angst😍

Koshish ek Aasha and all were the earlier, classier Ekta shows before she transformed TV with her big 3...KSBKBT, KGGK and KZK...

So I was referring to the original KZK etc...before those kind of crazy twists became staple fare in Kekta land and beyond my ability to tolerate...lol...but yes Komolika was one one hilariously OTT vamp...oddly entertaining to watch...

Biggest thing was as I said...the ACTORS were all fab...they made the show worth the while for quite some time...yeah I remember Bajaj's oldest daughter...Tanisha...she's going to be in this show as well...very good actress.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
@Anu - Tanisha, as in Cezanne's ex-gf - is going to be in this show? Man, I need to read up more on the show 😆. Any idea what character she'll play? Maybe we'll get to see some more old timers from those days. 
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: psawyer

PM was Prem and Mukti, the second generation leads of the show. They spawned a legion of premikas (myself included) because they were just so damn awesome. 

WORD😎😆...Look at us...Premikas live on...even after so much time has passed😆...that's the power of a truly epic story.