Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

...Mina...

IF-Dazzler

...Mina...

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
im not liking the looks of krishna ji in this show !!Unhappy  he does not luk serious enough! i really luved the looks of nitish ji from mahabharat and sarvadaman ji from shri krishna, why couldn't sagars choose someone that was more maturity in their face ??

i agree with aishu diii, im not in favor of these new experiments that the directors try out sometimes, they dont luk very indian !! one of the biggest reasons i luved ndtv ramayan was that it kept the magic and charm of the old mythos in its costumes and jewelry! the mukuts and clothing did not seem greek and foreign like some new mytho shows and movies nowadays. i never saw sagars jai shri krishna, but from pics and cgs, i can see it too kept the charm of old mythos in its costumes !! so im glad!Embarrassed

i wish sagars see this thread and change the costumes and actors before the show airs !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vishal to play Lord Krishna (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 5:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmin42

Vishal Karwal seems to be a hot favourite with all the channels.

The channel that launched him in his debut soap ' Bhagyavidhaata, repeated him in Pratha. Vishal had quit the former once the leap was planned, as he didn't want to age. There was a leap planned for Pratha too and the actor apparently was on his way out again. However, the show itself is ending.

But this hasn't worried the actor as he is loaded with offers and the one that has caught his fancy is a mythological show, Dwarikadheesh on Imagine TV. The actor who has played the boy-next-door characters till now, will now essay a mythological character in this show. He will see as Lord Krishna. A source tells us, "The show featuring Vishal will focus on Lord Krishna's love life with Rukmini and his death. All these chapters of Krishna's life haven't been touched in all the previous serials based on his life." Vishal remained unavailable for comment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Vishal-to-play-Lord-Krishna/articleshow/8488886.cms

Krishna's death? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Have they lost it? LOLLOL This show so doesn't look like its going to have proper stories and all. Plus, this guy is from SPLITSVILLA. From acting a tharki in a tharki show to a mytho religious show? Give me a break.

Rehanism

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 6:11am | IP Logged
@Anku. Actually I am happy to know that they'll show Krishna's death which till now, no other serial has shown. But the actor!!Geek

Actors from regular soaps should always be avoided in mythological shows. Either newcomers or actors from Theater should be roped in. This is why earlier mytho shows were masterpieces. Those actors didn't have V-shaped bodies or six-pack abs, but they were perfect for their roles in terms of looks and acting. Every dialogue and every word, in Sanskrit, they uttered gave the impression that they truly know the text and understand the depth of the character. These days everything has become superficial and hence looks artificial.

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 6:15am | IP Logged
But Rehan, Lord Krishna never died.. God's don't DIE. They should have used some other term or said that they ll show how he went back to his abode. Die is hilarious LOL!

And yeah man, these guys are so not fit for acting as Lord Krishna etc. Atleast, kisi dhanke ko toh lete... just seeing the guy's face has made me lose interest in the show..

ps.- check out junglee forum :P

Rehanism

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Actually Krishna did die and his body was even cremated and most of his widows became sati on his pyre. I am not sure if Bhakti Texts like Bhagwad Puran has shown his death or not, but Mahabharat does record his human death at the hand of Jara who was an incarnation of Bali. Jara shot Krishna from behind in the same way Ram shot Bali and the arrow hit his ankle and wounded him fatally.

So, unlike his previous manifestations, Krishna didn't ascend to his abode directly. He died like an ordinary mortal.

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged
Nooo.. thats not true. What verse in MB is that written? Krishna went to abode... and that ankle story is true.. I ll write about it in a bit.. watching match :P

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Actors from regular soaps should always be avoided in mythological shows. Either newcomers or actors from Theater should be roped in. This is why earlier mytho shows were masterpieces. Those actors didn't have V-shaped bodies or six-pack abs, but they were perfect for their roles in terms of looks and acting. Every dialogue and every word, in Sanskrit, they uttered gave the impression that they truly know the text and understand the depth of the character. These days everything has become superficial and hence looks artificial.

I agree 100% that known and popular actors should not be used for mytho shows. First off, people already have an impression on them because of daily soaps and many of them are proud and superfluous because of the popularity. Unknown actors are not like that, because they are at the very beginning of their television career and have no previous popularity or obsessive fans to live up to. It is one major reason Ekta's KHMK did not become popular...viewers were used to seeing the actors as villains and heros in famous daily soaps that they could not connect them with the divine characters of Krishna, Draupadi, Arjun, etc.

There were some old mytho actors who were not perfectly chosen also (like the Hanuman in BRC's Ramayan for instance, I did not like his physiqueEmbarrassed...as well as Smriti as Sita), so we cannot say all beginner actors are perfect, but for the most part we can really connect with them because they were new faces, especially in BRC's Mahabharat and the Sagars' old Ramayan and Shri Krishna. The Sagars' new shows were also great in that, because neither AS Ramayan nor JSK chose any known faces in their shows. Even if you take just the main leads, no one knew about Gurmeet, Debina, Meghan, or Kritika before Ramayan and Jai Shri Krishna

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyavik rocksRehanism

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Jaanu, not just actors but did you see her story? It was hilarious. LOL!

Rehanism

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.