Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
I won't say anything about the actors (until I start watching the show!), but my GOD, what were they all wearing? I would like to have a few 'words' with the costume designer because Krishna looks terrible...he's dressed all OTT! You expect someone like Ravan to be dressed like that, not Krishna!
And I hope those aren't actually the people playing Arjun, Bheem and Duryodhan ( they wouldn't get a second look if I passed them on the street lol)
Hopefully the Sagars sort all these things out before the show starts! -___-
Edited by Vicky_sonikudi - 12 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Rofl same here, all I could really make out from this promo was unique(?) costumes... his shoulder pads or whatever had little wings on them! Looked like a coat hanger 😆 All the best to the show though, hope it exceeds all our expectations.

@ Kalpesh - is that really you 😲 itne yugon baad... welcome back!
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lol, not one good feedback.
i hope Sagars takes a look at this.
why mess up with the original mytho idea that they had going with SK, the Ramayans and JSK? Why can't they just do what they did before?
Experiments don't always turn out well.
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

as per his choice n interest

he was not going to play any father role
but here he has to play father then how he agree to play this role

...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
im not liking the looks of krishna ji in this show !!😔  he does not luk serious enough! i really luved the looks of nitish ji from mahabharat and sarvadaman ji from shri krishna, why couldn't sagars choose someone that was more maturity in their face ??

i agree with aishu diii, im not in favor of these new experiments that the directors try out sometimes, they dont luk very indian !! one of the biggest reasons i luved ndtv ramayan was that it kept the magic and charm of the old mythos in its costumes and jewelry! the mukuts and clothing did not seem greek and foreign like some new mytho shows and movies nowadays. i never saw sagars jai shri krishna, but from pics and cgs, i can see it too kept the charm of old mythos in its costumes !! so im glad!😳

i wish sagars see this thread and change the costumes and actors before the show airs !!
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: lakshmin42

Vishal Karwal seems to be a hot favourite with all the channels.

The channel that launched him in his debut soap ' Bhagyavidhaata, repeated him in Pratha. Vishal had quit the former once the leap was planned, as he didn't want to age. There was a leap planned for Pratha too and the actor apparently was on his way out again. However, the show itself is ending.

But this hasn't worried the actor as he is loaded with offers and the one that has caught his fancy is a mythological show, Dwarikadheesh on Imagine TV. The actor who has played the boy-next-door characters till now, will now essay a mythological character in this show. He will see as Lord Krishna. A source tells us, "The show featuring Vishal will focus on Lord Krishna's love life with Rukmini and his death. All these chapters of Krishna's life haven't been touched in all the previous serials based on his life." Vishal remained unavailable for comment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Vishal-to-play-Lord-Krishna/articleshow/8488886.cms

Krishna's death? 😆😆😆😆😆 Have they lost it? 😆😆 This show so doesn't look like its going to have proper stories and all. Plus, this guy is from SPLITSVILLA. From acting a tharki in a tharki show to a mytho religious show? Give me a break.
Rehanism thumbnail
@Anku. Actually I am happy to know that they'll show Krishna's death which till now, no other serial has shown. But the actor!!🤓

Actors from regular soaps should always be avoided in mythological shows. Either newcomers or actors from Theater should be roped in. This is why earlier mytho shows were masterpieces. Those actors didn't have V-shaped bodies or six-pack abs, but they were perfect for their roles in terms of looks and acting. Every dialogue and every word, in Sanskrit, they uttered gave the impression that they truly know the text and understand the depth of the character. These days everything has become superficial and hence looks artificial.
anku- thumbnail
But Rehan, Lord Krishna never died.. God's don't DIE. They should have used some other term or said that they ll show how he went back to his abode. Die is hilarious LOL!

And yeah man, these guys are so not fit for acting as Lord Krishna etc. Atleast, kisi dhanke ko toh lete... just seeing the guy's face has made me lose interest in the show..

ps.- check out junglee forum :P
Rehanism thumbnail
Actually Krishna did die and his body was even cremated and most of his widows became sati on his pyre. I am not sure if Bhakti Texts like Bhagwad Puran has shown his death or not, but Mahabharat does record his human death at the hand of Jara who was an incarnation of Bali. Jara shot Krishna from behind in the same way Ram shot Bali and the arrow hit his ankle and wounded him fatally.

So, unlike his previous manifestations, Krishna didn't ascend to his abode directly. He died like an ordinary mortal.
anku- thumbnail
Nooo.. thats not true. What verse in MB is that written? Krishna went to abode... and that ankle story is true.. I ll write about it in a bit.. watching match :P