India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Delena - A Painful Goodbye

TazzyA Goldie
TazzyA
TazzyA

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Okay so most of you guys know me from my FF's on DMG jodi Sidhimma. But, today I've tried my hand at an FF based on another jodi. Yes, it's evident from the title. The FF is based on my fave TVD pair, Damon Salvatore & Elena Gilbert, otherwise known as Delena. So to all my lovely Delena shppiers, this one's for you. Even those who don't watch TVD are welcome to read it. No bashing is permitted, constructive criticism only. Oh and the FF is based on the finale episode of season 2.

Elena watched helplessly as Damon's life began to slip away. She was torn. What should she do? Damon had always seemed so... indestructible. And yet here he was, taking the most shallow of breaths, barely able to open his eyes, simply waiting for the final moments to pass and enter the darkness of the deceased.

Surely there was a cure? Stefan had said to keep hope, to make sure that Damon didn't give up, and yet as the seconds ticked by, she felt her own hopes start to fade. If, by some miracle, a cure existed, would it reach Damon in time? Or would the effort of extracting it, from whatever demonic hands it lay in, be in vain? 'No.' She thought to herself, she couldn't think like this. No matter what had happened within the past week, Damon didn't deserve this. His intentions had been in the right place, it was just his methods of action that were wayward.

Suddenly there was a spluttering cough followed by a wheezy intake of breath. Elena looked to her side and was pained to see Damon struggling to speak. He looked awful. Perspiration matted his already pale face, somehow making his skin all the more paler. His breaths were inhaled in slow frightening gulps. It was clear that he was weak. Weaker than he had ever been before.

She laid a finger on his lips, "Shh, you should be resting. I'm right here Damon, I'm not going to leave you." His eyes fluttered open, it was scary, to say the least. His pupils were beyond dilated, it was as if only a ghost of life remained in them. Despite her protest, he focused on what he had to say,

"Why are you here? I don't deserve to have you here Elena."

"No Damon, you're my friend," She said quietly, "Regardless of what's happened you will always be my friend. There's no way I'm going to leave you here... I forgive you." As she uttered the last three words, her eyes started to water. She couldn't believe how callous she'd behaved earlier on today. Damon had come bearing a white flag of apology, and she had shot him down faster than hunters shot ducks. It was unfair.

Agreed, she had been angry, hurt even, for what he had done. But when someone apologises to you, it's best to accept it. You never knew what could happen to them within the space of 24 hours.

Holding back her tears, she gently touched his cheek. The surface was cold, that petrified her, it meant death was not far. She saw his face crumple, he was either in a great deal of pain or trying to remember something crucial. "What is it? What's wrong?" she inquired, worried that his concentration may exert more needless energy.

"I... All this time I've blamed Stefan, for forcing me to become a vampire, for making me fall in love with Katherine. All this time I'd held a needless grudge against him when all he'd tried to do was help me. He never forced me to do anything. It was all my own doing, my own choices."

"It's not your fault. Everyone makes mistakes Damon." She comforted.

"No. It is my fault. All I ever seem to do is make mistakes, and in the process hurt the people I love." Abruptly, he grabbed her hand, urgency resounded in his eyes. "Elena, you have to tell Stefan I'm sorry, tell him that he's a good brother and that... I love him."

This time she was unable to halt the tears, they slithered down like icy tendrils. Damon's eyes widened, the affliction from seeing her tears was evident on his features. Slowly, with much agonised effort, he brushed the tears away. As he did so, she looked at him, knowing that time was limited. Carefully, she placed herself in his arms and sunk into the warmth, or rather what remained of it, of his body. "I'll tell Stefan, I promise. And for what it's worth, despite you're crazy decisions, your heart is always in the right place, don't forget that."

"You need to leave, please, If I hurt you again, I'll die in agony, more so than I am already." He pleaded, desperate till the end to keep her safe.

"I told you, I'm not going to leave you." She replied vehemently. She grasped his hand tighter, in a bid to hold on to him, to somehow keep him here with her.

"I'm sorry Elena," he whispered, "For all the pain, anxiety and distress I've ever caused you. I regret the mistakes I've made, but in some ways I don't. Had I not made those choices then I'd have never met you. To me, that's a fate worse than death." As he said that, the tears streamed at rapid speed, she could hear herself sniffling. Seeing him like this, hearing him talk like this was unbearable. She couldn't lose him, she just couldn't.

"Damon, you're going to be okay, Stefan'll be here with the antidote and you'll be fine. Just hold on please." She begged, desperately trying to bide for time.

"I know that you're in love with Stefan. I also know that I can never be Stefan. I just need you to understand... I love you, I always will." He breathed into her hair.

"I know," she said softly, "Just hold on." She closed her eyes willing him to keep faith.

Smiling, Damon mumbled, "You should have met me in 1864. You may have liked me a whole lot better then." She lifted her head slightly, locked eyes with him, for what may be the last time, and said with clarity,

"I like you now, despite you're eccentric ways, you're perfect as you are." His eyelids began to flicker, the life in his honey brown eyes was slipping faster, but still he held on. Elena, unable to hold her emotions in any longer, moved in slowly and placed the most delicate of kisses on his lips.

As she moved back, tears still trickling down her porcelain features, she heard him whisper a tender 'Thank you'. She knew that a part of her loved him. Despite her undeniable love for Stefan, she had always known that Damon held a place in her heart. It may not be as prominent as Stefan's but it was just as strong. She smiled sadly at her late realisation. Drawing closer to him, she murmured what would possibly be her final words to him, her last goodbye, "You're Welcome."

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you guys think.

Much Love,
Tazzy

Edited by TazzyA - 21 May 2011 at 5:14pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

lifesucks123-Aahana-..KaJenDelena..shona2010jacobharry10011-Snehaa-Angel-Jot.lastdesireShiningStar18-Prithi-Pragziessdtvgojanwhispa-Harshu-

.Shiva. IF-Achieverz
.Shiva.
.Shiva.

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 5:26pm | IP Logged

tazzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome back reHug

i watch this show on and off but i have no clue what is going on but i think your FF is going to make me like this couple alot.

i so liked the part where damon told elena that he loves his brother stefanCry as far as i knew he never cared about his brother and never listened to him but now his true feelings came out.

p.s. please don't make it a triangle or any angle love story, i had enough of that from cmg, other then that i really like it.Star

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TazzyA

Angel-Jot. Moderator
Angel-Jot.
Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Awww. That was written beautifully. I love DE and that scene broke my heart. I love the altercations you made to it and the way you went more into depth.

Thank you for sharing this.

-Jot.

TazzyA

TazzyA Goldie
TazzyA
TazzyA

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Bannu, pati dev i am glad you liked it yaar, for what it's worth i reccommend that you watch the rest of it coz its awesome. ++ the love triangle exists within itself, so i'm not in control of what the original writer's have shown lol. && Jot, i know i love DE, i mean yes i can understand why SE have their appeal, but it's too... normal yahnoe?? lol and thanks harshita. glas you all liked the FF Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot..Shiva.

-Harshu- IF-Stunnerz
-Harshu-
-Harshu-

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:02am | IP Logged
ResEmbarrassed

EDITED:

Tazzy

That's beautifully written <3
The scene is painfully beautiful & the way u ve described Elena's emotions is just wonderful :)

She may always choose Stefan but she can't deny that she loves Damon too :)

Luv ya <333

Edited by -Harshu- - 22 May 2011 at 7:05am

TazzyA

jacobharry10011 Goldie
jacobharry10011
jacobharry10011

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
BeautifulClap
I am more into Stelene but i love Delena alsoLOL
tough choice to chose between the Salvatore brothers

TazzyA

whispa IF-Sizzlerz
whispa
whispa

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Tazzy this is beautifully written!Embarrassed

Elene may love Stefan but theres a part of her that feels strongly for Damon too. Im so looking forward to season 3 of TVD.

TazzyA

TazzyA Goldie
TazzyA
TazzyA

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Jacob (soz don't know ur name yaar) - Yeahh i know i think the love i like best is that of The Salvatore brothers. To me, no-one can defeat their brotherly love, so i guess i'm a hardcore StaMon fan LOL.

&& Farrah, i too am lloking forward to TVD this fall, i have a feeling it's gonna be a wicked season. Just hope Stefan doesn't stay in the clutches of Klaus for too long! LOL

Thanks for liking the ff guys Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jacobharry10011whispa

Go to top