India-Forums

Grand Finale Performances review (Page 4)

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Excellent post pari, here is my analysis

To begin with, i was quite disappointed, it wasn't what you call a grand finale act.  and This grand finale was a total role reversal. Whatever jalwa was famous for  was done by josh and whatever was josh's strong points were executed by jalwa, and if that was done intentionally or not, i donot know.

group act:Jalwa: umm good, but thats not something you do on a finale, you know, kishore, the whole time was not dancing( i read somewhere he had an injury, that maybe possible)

Josh: Josh on the other hand was really good, something new and good.

Duos:  Umm, i read somewhere there will be a dharmesh vandana duo, where dharmesh replaces kishore after he sustained an injury, but didn't see it, also they only showed 1 duet from each team, so i  am confused with the marks and the sudden change of format.

Mayuresh and bhavna: beautiful, extremely difficult act done beautifully.

Punit and amrita: a very disconnected act, they were both brilliant separately, but it wasn't a duo, and honestly, i thought with such a nice prop something would be done, but it wasnt, and amrita looked like giving effort when he climbed the prop up. But never, never , ever i thought ammu will be paired with punit, they were doing quite good, atleast emotional connections, and i really liked what i saw,but i think they lacked rehearsals.

Solos
 prince: he was good in what he did, so he forgot, everyone has a bad day once in a while, forget it and move on. he forgot , his error, give him less marks, why hype it. i really don't understand, this guy has great potential, the masters are ruining it by deifying him, come on, and dada, his first part, picture flop hone se talent flop nahin hota was good to hear, the second part, main apko 10 main se 20 dunga, i was seriouslyDead

Dharmesh: umm, this really reminded me of his audition, his gore gore gal, he was really good. He was excellent. Jalwa did go all out on solo's it seems.

Siddesh: his beginning was fantastic, that guy really knows how to work expressions, his bholebhala troubedar expression really was nice, but the dance was a huge huge disappointment, i will take even his female dance over this anytime, not to mention his extraordinary  dance with only lyrics.

Punit: i made a post myself for him, you guys r most welcome to comment thereBig smile

never in my life i thought he would do soemthing like this, and man he was beautiful, i think he saved his best for the last :P

kruti: I love her, but what a disappointment, what a huge disappointment.Dead The prop was nice and ok it was difficult, understood, kudos for trying it, but the steps? she repeated steps over and over, specially the back flips she did over and over again to go from left to right. The best was only when she does bhim  drinking blood, that was the kruti we know, but else i am really disappointed with her. where was the classical dance she does so famously?Her rudra tandav, i will take that anyday.
Now i am beginning to think, either our expectations have risen huge, or maybe we were making more out of whats not there.

In jdj4, sushant singgh rajput took the same song and same theme , Mahabharat, and performed an amazing performance in it, and it was Chhau. As a trained jazz dancer, he did a much much better job on it than what kruti did today, and i am most definitely not a sushant fan.

vrushali: Another disappointment, why couldn't she do a classical or semi classical, whats wrong is doing them, why do u always have to go for bollywood, she was good, no one can say anything about her expressions, just the right amount in the right place, but really? nothing better. this was good, lots of dancing was there, but I have never seen her doing a bharatnatyam on stage! why is she so scared to  flaunt what she probably does the best? I really expected her to do something really really good.

Jai: i guess he was trying to atone for his last week's debacle. he was successful .what he did on the balley bars was extraordinary, and he did lose his balance while landing on the trampoline, but overall his performance was really really good.

Amar:  umm, although not a GF standard act, kudos to him fro trying something new. He never did an aerial act before and he was quite good i should say. i  liked some of his moves, postures, transitions, and  whatever marks he deserved was well earned.

the Takkar: 

one word Amazing. all 4 of them were equally good. specially Dharmesh and parvez, OMG they were so cool, and the pne part where prince climbs over siddhesh and dharmesh over pervez, that was amazing and hilarious and beautiful.

I have a special corner for D and Parvez, but Siddhesh and prince were amazing, their duos were a little disconnected imo, but it was the saving grace of the whole GF

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

yipeenikitagmc

shirani7 Senior Member
shirani7
shirani7

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:46am | IP Logged

I was very dissapointed with the GF, it was nothing special, performances were not spectacular eiter except for the takkar and Mayuresh & Bhavna.

Prince starting in the spotlight was absolutely fantastic, i was totally mesmerized...then he forgot his steps, I couldnt believe it, as he has always been flawless and perfect. But he is also a human ofcourse, and mistakes can happen...no matter what Prince is Prince!
I was really amazed when both teams came to Prince after his performance, Punit was there first to hug him and the way Siddhesh consoled him was so sweet!
I was suprised by the judges praising him so much...Prince didnt look happy though, I felt soo soo bad for him, I think he will never forget this...but he looked so cute while crying!

Siddhesh performance was really nice, he looked handsome and his expressions were great like always. Especially with the hat was amazing and the choreography was good. But in the past he has given better performances. And yes his lyrical hiphop should have been nominated!

Dharmesh was great but I loved his Tum Jo Aaye more!

And then the takkar...woow finally my wish came true which was seeing Siddhesh and Prince dance together! Their starting was exceptional, their expressions, their dance everything! Then Prince solo part was very impressive, he did soo good! Siddhesh solo was okay and Dharmesh and Parvez both were awesome! The end was really nice, especially those fight moves!
It was one of the best takkar i have seen, with 4 of the best dancers DID has given!

I wanted Josh to win, but Jalwa won, aah well...for me Josh are the winners. It was so cool to see at the end Dharmesh and Siddhesh were hugging each other and Siddhesh was holding the cup..Priceless moment!  Embarrassed

Edited by shirani7 - 22 May 2011 at 5:51am

kaaj_2shivani003

irene2010 Newbie
irene2010
irene2010

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
For me Dharmesh just killed it! i wish these guys would come out and do tours along w/the singers.  it was an awesome finale, too bad it was not staged infront of an even bigger audience as all the zee finales are.
pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Caro and Himani: Word to what you guys said. Siddesh's lyrical/poetry performance was SO awesome! I was honestly just so stunned with the way the whole performance shifted from portraying love/romantic emotions to something COMPLETELY opposite, i.e. hatred/violence/terrorism in like a millisecond! Shocked That performance just had SO much depth! And it was something so different and unique. And I still get goosebumps thinking about Siddesh's expressions. It literally left me speechless. 

And same with Mayuresh's Chinese pole act. SO much depth with the whole clown character and Mayuresh's elimination story! Not to mention how freakin'difficult that was and Mayuresh made it seem as if it was nothing! 

Honestly, those two solos have been the best for me in this entire show format. These guys brought something so new and soul touching. Just took that level of performance/dancing SO much higher! Clap

And Himani, LOL at Prince and Siddesh getting along thanks to this show!  That's def. one good thing that came out of this show format. TongueLOL Hilarious to see these guys praising each other on this show. LOL 

And Himani, dude stop being lazy and post your thoughts. Am I the only one that didn't like the Dharmesh performance? Honestly, this one was the most W*F scoring for me! I just fail to see what was so great about that performance. I'm being really neutral and honest here. It was quite cringe inducing for me actually. 

And on second viewing, I actually enjoyed Vrushali's performance quite a bit. I think she was the only one dancing for the plain FUN of it!  Thumbs Up

gilmoresAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tannistha

kruti: I love her, but what a disappointment, what a huge disappointment.Dead The prop was nice and ok it was difficult, understood, kudos for trying it, but the steps? she repeated steps over and over, specially the back flips she did over and over again to go from left to right. The best was only when she does bhim  drinking blood, that was the kruti we know, but else i am really disappointed with her. where was the classical dance she does so famously?Her rudra tandav, i will take that anyday.
Now i am beginning to think, either our expectations have risen huge, or maybe we were making more out of whats not there.

In jdj4, sushant singgh rajput took the same song and same theme , Mahabharat, and performed an amazing performance in it, and it was Chhau. As a trained jazz dancer, he did a much much better job on it than what kruti did today, and i am most definitely not a sushant fan.

Word to this. I also thought of Sushant's performance only when Kruti started performing to that song. Sushant and Shampa's performance was simpler I think in terms of choreography, but the impact was so much higher! I still get goosebumps thinking about that performance actually. Just the concept itself was so thought provoking and novel. Clap

I think Kruti tried to do TOO much in 2 minutes with her act. You just can't show the whole Mahabharata in 2 minutes! Her performance in DID 2 worked because it was just one aspect of Mahabharata. And there were no props to distract her. Plus her dancing also was way better there. So it was much more impactful. 

And Mahabharata is something that has TOO many layers to it, you know what I mean? There's too much scope there. So a performance on this concept has to have a lot of mood variations. Kruti's performance was pretty much on one level. She needed to show those ups and downs. Like with Sushant's performance, there were moments where things slowed down, for more impact. And then picked up again as the intensity grew. You know what I mean? You need that kind of impactful stuff if you're telling a story...that too an EPIC tale.  

I actually wanted Kruti to do something lighthearted this time. She's done TOO much of this intense stuff now. I wish Kruti had shown more versatility on this show. 

LeadNitrateAreYaar

shirani7 Senior Member
shirani7
shirani7

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

And Himani, LOL at Prince and Siddesh getting along thanks to this show!  That's def. one good thing that came out of this show format. TongueLOL Hilarious to see these guys praising each other on this show. LOL 

I didnt watch DID1, so didnt they get along in that season?

Edited by shirani7 - 23 May 2011 at 3:24am
Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Group Performances:

Team Josh: Good act but definitely not a finale performance. They showed a little more coordination than usual but it wasn't anything that made you jump out of your chair.

Team Jalwa: LOVED the concept! What a brilliant characterization of Sholay but I wished they had incorporated more dance into their performance. The concept was there but they did not take it a new level with their dance - there was lots of potential here that they never used to their advantage.

Solos:

Mayuresh-Bhavna: Beautiful performance; very memorable. Sometimes it's really hard to connect with aerial acts because a lot of times they fail to create a proper balance between dance and stunts - this one got that balance right and gave us an effective mixture of both. It's a treat to watch Mayuresh and Bhavna on stage and they complement each other really well!

Punit-Amrita: I felt if they had performed before Mayuresh and Bhavna, they would have received much more praise. Their beautiful act was shadowed with M-B's beautiful performance. However, I think Punit and Amrita were fantastic together - beautiful beautiful dancing (and lots of it!) with a very nice concept. I liked watching Punit and Amrita do a duo, they looked good together. The judges complained that there wasn't enough prop usage, however, I was happy with that because a lot of times intense usage of prop leads to more stunts and less dance and that really bothers me. Instead, Punit and Amrita used the stage to dance and that was commendable!

Solos:

Prince: All my sympathies were with him today, however, I did feel that the judges were too sympathetic in their scores today. Forgetting during a performance can happen regardless how talented one is, so it doesn't take away from Prince's credibility as a dancer. However, judges should realize that while it is okay to say words of comfort to him, it was not fair to give him 8s (like many of the judges gave him). But Prince is Prince, even without watching the whole performance, I can tell you there was nothing new there from what I saw.

Dharmesh: Fantastic act! But I will say that I liked his Tum Jo Aaye performance a little more than this one. Undoubtedly it was great, but that one blew me away. In the end, Dharmesh is Dharmesh and he always puts in his best into each and every performance.

Siddesh: It was an average performance, definitely not a finale performance at all. There was nothing new there, and I wish Siddesh had done a typical bollywood number instead. Siddesh can do much much better, and it was disappointing to see him give such an average performance.

Kruti: She is amazing at what she does, I don't have a lot of knowledge in classical dance (apparently neither do some of the judges!), so I won't say anything further. I wonder why Geeta gave her such low scores though.

Vrushali: It was a cute performance, very nice portrayal of Madhuri's dances but there was nothing new there. Again, this was not a finale performance. I expected something much much more from her today. I think they should have saved Alisha's performance from last week for the finale! Vrushali's performance with Avneet was much better than this, in my opinion. But Vrushali is fantastic in bollywood dance with her expressions and stage presence - she could have used that to her advantage by taking risks and increasing the difficulty of the act.

Jai: I thought the judges were being too generous and trying really hard to prove that they are not holding a grudge against him (50/50 really!?!). Prop usage was great but there was much less dance in this act. Too many props and elongated usage makes a performance too acrobatic with one stunt after another - I don't like that at all. There could have been more dance incorporated into this performance for sure!

Punit: Original concept - kudos for that. And great way to incorporate the concept into choreography. I think this was a typical Punit performance, and he deserved all the praise he got today.

Amar: A typical Amar performance, however, I think he could have gone above and beyond with this act. It didn't have the usual impact as Amar's performances usually leave on me. It was emotional, good song choice but somehow the choreography failed to connect with the emotions. I think the prop was a little distracting and unnecessary in the performance. There was bits of aerial pieces of choreography but they felt disconnected in the performance.

Overall, Jalwa was much much better in their solos than Josh today. I think Jalwa tried really hard to prove today that they can also perform great solos and Josh somehow lost its will to win the competition today. I was expecting such great solos today from Josh!

Takkar:

This round was fantastic! Parvez and Dharmesh blew me away with their chemistry on stage. They complemented each other so fell that it was hard to take your eyes off of them! And they were the clear winners for this round! Siddesh and Prince are great dancers but their dancing styles are very different. I felt they lacked rehearsal and chemistry in this act. They seemed disconnected with each other and their performance wasn't as smooth as Parvez and Dharmesh. The solos could have used more work as well - they lacked energy. Dharmesh and Parvez were in it to win it today, and they deserved that 50/50. I wish Siddesh and Prince could have done a little better (especially the way they have performed in the previous takkar rounds), it would have been a treat to watch!

All in all, this was a great finale and Jalwa clearly took the win today! I liked the fact that there were so many more judges as well as the fact that it was indoors (and not the usual grand finale that they have in all reality shows) - it's much easier to enjoy the performances this way. I am really going to miss the show and especially especially Manish Paul's hosting!

P.S. I hope I didn't forget any of the performances today. If I did, blame the people above me because I was just copying their list. LOL

dang took the words right out my mouth but it make it easier for me haha i agree 100 percent
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
lol pallo

i didnt see anything exceptional in DHarmesh's performance. IMHO his performances in most cases are quite similar. i think he is quite repititive.

both prince and jai were overscored in the episode.

kruti after her mega wild act in the previous episode, ive grown so fed up of her that I FFed her sequence. If she danced to the same song that shampa-sushant did, i can imagine it could be tough to compare. shampa was a genius

My overall opinion of DKS is this,
I have followed both choreographers for awhile

Uma-Gaiti(Jalwa) come up with superior concepts that look amazing but their steps do not match the level of the concept

Savio(Josh) usually doesnt come up with extra ordinary concepts and all but the steps he incorporates are worth watching always.

I think the choreographers effect reflected. Jalwa had awesome concepts and Josh had superior sequences if that made sense

like i was telling himani,
this isnt some life or death scenario for the participants. the show is probably a platform to network with professionals who came in so these guys can move ahead in their individual choreographing/ dancing careers.

siddhesh already salvaged his reputation with remo. seems to be on good working terms with rajiv etc.

i hope all of them have greaat success in their chosen careers

Edited by bandicoot - 23 May 2011 at 12:19pm

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index