Robin Bansal, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, May 21, 2011
  Email to Author

First Published: 18:07 IST(21/5/2011)
Last Updated: 00:33 IST(22/5/2011)
Share more...
0 Comments         
Email     print
Delhi Belly, Aamir Khan's production venture stars his nephew Imran Khan...
Actor Imran Khan, 28, doesn't believe in his acting skills. For him, fellow actor Ranbir Kapoor is a better actor.

"Ranbir is a better actor than I am. He's a damn good actor. I honestly never like my work. I don't like to watch myself onscreen and I never do," says Imran, who doesn't mind bei

ng compared to others.

"The comparisons will continue. People still compare Aamir, Shah Rukh and Salman even after 20-25 years of their work. So we can't help it," he says.

The actor is busy with many projects and hasn't been able to take wife Avantika for a honeymoon. "Hopefully, I'll get some time in July," he says.

Imran Khan says Ranbir Kapoor is a better actor than him
His upcoming movie Delhi Belly has stirred up quite some controversies from the hidden expletive in the song Bhaag DK Bose to his first-time steamy scene in the movie.
Ask about the same and he says, "Really? Is it vulgar? It's making assumptions a little early. I'd request you to first listen to the song carefully with the picturisation and then you'll understand it. It's been referred to a person whose name is DK Bose."

But what about his steamy scenes in the movie? Won't wifey mind his proximity with another girl on celluloid?

"Delhi Belly was shot long time before my marriage and it is only coincidental that it is coming out now. And as an actor, I've never had problems in my personal or professional life because of either, so there's no problem like that," he says.

Not many know that the movie makers deliberately applied for an A-certificate for the movie.

"We applied for an A-certificate ourselves. It's a film for an adult, mature audience. We have to be honest to the film that we are making and it's a film for an adult, mature audience. We have always been upfront about our intention behind the film. People under 18 should not watch the film," he says.

So was using expletives difficult for the movie? "No. No. It wasn't difficult at all. I'm not that doodh ka dhula that I won't even know slangs," he says.

Imran is currently shooting with actors Katrina Kaif and Kareena Kapoor for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and Short Term Shaadi respectively and can't stop raving about both his co-stars.

"Kareena is someone I've admired thoroughly. She is a fantastic actress. She is my personal favourite. I just forget my dialogues in front of her probably because I'm her fan," he says.

As for Kat, he says, "I haven't seen anyone more focused than her. I respect her professional attitude. While Katrina is a very sweet person. Initially she is very shy and reserved but then she becomes a friend," he says.

The actor is also turning designer and will launch his line of jeans. "By the year end or early next year, I'll launch a line of jeans co-created by me," says the actor.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

_dante_Sam_dean4EvaIHeartDeepika.Kataliciousruky786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ranbir is a better actor than me: Imran Khan" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
We get it Imran, Ranbir is better than you. Is it just me or does he say that a lot! Maybe its not his fault, these reports keep asking the same old questions!

And yes Imran I adore your love for bebo! Embarrassed Can't wait for Short Term Shaadi!

Edited by beboholic - 21 May 2011 at 3:24pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Zarwulicious-sheeeruky786

sheee

IF-Sizzlerz

sheee

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
not long ago his uncle said the same thing.

.khoobsurat.Terenainaruky786

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
^ haha

Bad uncle! :P

sheeeTerenainaruky786

Gauahargeous_N

IF-Sizzlerz

Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
i like Imran better... Ranbir looks to clownish to me now... too distracting! LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

_dante_ffkhanIHeartDeepika.sheee.khoobsurat.-Aaliyah-ruky786

sheee

IF-Sizzlerz

sheee

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:29pm | IP Logged

Don't worry imran. Yo are cuter than ranbir and a better person than him. Just keep doing movies, one day you'll get it.

Edited by sheee - 21 May 2011 at 3:31pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mrs.Dravidlive_lifeIHeartDeepika.friends_rock.khoobsurat.ruky786

Neetu_GirlPower

Goldie

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sheee

-Aaliyah-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aaliyah-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Ranbir's personality turns me off Thumbs Down but his acting is the best out of all the contemporaries. 
I like Imran better as a person and he's HAWT! 

IHeartDeepika.sheeeruky786

Post Reply New Post

Go to top