Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

KAREENA misses chance 2b waxed bcoz of tussle Pg19 (Page 14)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterphile

Originally posted by bandicoot

if survival is what counts to be a superstar, then there are tons of them in B'wood.  she has had a few hits over the years but that is all

where did i say it was becoming overcrowded because of bollywood starsLOLit was a general statement...reading too much

well even justin bieber is in tassauds..kareena can sure be there

But she has not JUST survived. She has moved way beyond just surviving. She is working with all the Khans and the Kumars. Isn't that what you call a making of the superstar in commercial Bollywood language? She was also the chosen actress on almost all the bollywood insiders list. Almost every guest on KWK said Kareena was a better actress. They did not say Aishwarya or Priyanka. The girl can act, she has been here for almost 11 years now and she is still going strong. Rani started in 98 by the time it was 2007 she fizzled out with 4 flops in a row, she is still struggling to recover, Aishwarya started gaining her popularity around 1999 by the time it was 2009, she as well fizzeled out with lack of box office success and not enough meaty roles. But Kareena gets all the top projects offered to her and is constantly in the news either for personal or professional reasons. If there is any female bollywood star worth being called superstar, then its Kareena. 

Really b/c she had 4 films in 2010...and her roles were pretty meaty, plus she just signed 2 other meaty toles, not to mention a pending Shyam Benegal project! As for lack of box office success...she's still hang around for many years without it and there was a period when she back to back hits...it's a period of ups and downs and everyone goes through it! In addition to this, directors are still offering her roles...she's not completely undesired or unpopular! Also, Endhiran made the most money in Indian cinema...sure she didn't have a meaty role...but she should still get her credit b/c we give the same credit to other actresses!

As for the rest...I AGREE! Kareena is an awesome actress...don't disagree at all! But I don't think it's fair to bring down PC, Rani, or Aishu for it! All of them are talented...ans you may think Kareena is the best...but it doesn't mean the rest aren't superstars!

Edited by sweet coco - 22 May 2011 at 8:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-PoisonIvy-

DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Kareena Kapoor has given 1 ATBB plus only Heroine from Industry to star in 2 movies who have grossed more than 100 Crore which is a bench mark :)

She is better than any actress so far...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.ruky786ZoobiDoobi

Dexterkichokri IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara-TheDilettanteanku-.khoobsurat.-Mmmmm-ruky786desigal90

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Maddy-

South asian population brings in the major chunk of the revenues at Madame Tussaauds... 

Word !
Madame Tussads is not a Museum funded by a philanthropic non profit organization. They will do wahtever it takes to make themseleves successful. With India's ( and China's) growing economic global clout  dont be  surprised to see a lot more of our stars in the future. Whoever attracts the crowd will be there . Kareena is popular . Who knows if Katrina can keep up her hits we will have her statue there too soon.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TheDilettante-Mmmmm-.khoobsurat.ruky786ibelieveinpink

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

Originally posted by -Maddy-

South asian population brings in the major chunk of the revenues at Madame Tussaauds... 

Word !
Madame Tussads is not a Museum funded by a philanthropic non profit organization. They will do wahtever it takes to make themseleves successful. With India's ( and China's) growing economic global clout  dont be  surprised to see a lot more of our stars in the future. Whoever attracts the crowd will be there . Kareena is popular . Who knows if Katrina can keep up her hits we will have her statue there too soon.

Yep... If Hrithik can make it there bcoz of his popularity then Katrina too stands a chance...

ashfan2010.khoobsurat.ruky786

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Congo to Kareena. Yes I also believe that she is the only one who combines good acting skills, with nice critical acclaim and big blockbusters. Some have blockbusters but can't act, some are acting acting acting but no one is watching their movies and even critics aren't going gaga over their solo heroine projects, some are waving their hands in foreign locates, socializing with international celebs dressed in beautiful gowns.. would i equate that to "international fame"...  no.. even Malika sherawat is doing that these days.. these so called reps of india.. have done nothing in terms of acting.. they are just getting praised for attending big red carpet events.. do they have 2 Oscars like Ar rahman?? no ... have they been praised for their acting.. or have they done anything significant to get indian cinema noticed.. no..

If i had to praise someone i would still praise Pri. She has gotten critical acclaim, she has won a national award, she still has the biggest producers lining up to sign her... the only thing missing is blockbusters.. which is one reason.. she receives some flak. Bebo is the pick of bolly insiders... she has starred in huge blockbusters, she can act... she still has the biggest producers lining up to sign her.. i don't think she needs more proof to prove her stardom in india.

Dexterkichokri.khoobsurat.ruky786

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruky786

I can't wait to see the wax!! (If this is true)Embarrassed

i am designing her statue in my mind Approve

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww-iktaara-.khoobsurat.Dexterkichokri-Mmmmm-ruky786ibelieveinpinkZoobiDoobi

Go to top