Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Epi 339: D-N The Real Eternal Story (Page 9)

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Moontide

Originally posted by agbg98

He has mature a lot and mostly because of the love Nakusha gives him...her trust in him...that he is a good person and do deserves happines.

Dutta as a character is so multilayered and complex that I think his reaction pattern will be something that we won't be able to anticipate right now...I agree Moontide
.Smile

ZubbyDutta I like the way you really care for the character Dutta...it seems like you are a little like me always on Dutta's side.Smile

I think we all are on Dutta's side Smile
Thats why we are sticking to this Eternal story. Dutta is an unique and rare character. A gem. I can't actually think of a parallel (character) in any other sereial or movie.

I used to watch (many years ago) an American TV show "Angel"...Dutta reminds me a little of this character. Brooding...dark...tortured soul...got a lot of guilt...killer...just want someone to love him...and so on.

What amazing thing with Mishal is that he can shout be not so nice in one scene and then on the next show so much vulnerability and hurt in his face and his voice...that you just forget what he just did.

But yes...Dutta is a very unique character and never seen in any Indian TV show...but still (I think) it is Mishals very hard work and brilliant performance that made the character so unique.Smile

Oh YES! sooo agree here. Mishal took up this character and put him in an altogether different pedestral by his talent and characterisation. His interpretation of Dutta shows he is a thinking man. He brought in shades to Dutta which probably even the creatives did not or could not have thought about. His is a very fluid face and the myriad play of emotions he can bring into a scene within a span of a few seconds is fantastic. I don't know if any creative can think that up. I'm sure if we start discussing some such scenes this thread will run on to hundreds of pages. This is also precisely why I cannot accept any one else as Dutta. The person can be an even more talented actor but for me Dutta can have only one face.
I think his portrayal played the major part in making Dutta this unique. Must say I wasn't floored by him in Love Story. But in LTL, it was like he was this whole new actor. He has matured as one

He was good in Love Story. Thats why I decided to watch LTL after his entry. But I agree...in terms of his art and his looks he had matured in LTL. The initial taciturn Dutta I think helped. MR has to primarily depend on his body language and expressions to communicate. For an actor the initial days in a show are important as they make an impression which stays on. Thats when he devised his way of communicating his myriad thoughts thru his eyes and expressions.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MoontideAni_La_Iamivy_11

Moontide Goldie
Moontide
Moontide

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

[QUOTE=Moontide][QUOTE=kshreya2002]

Yep...like I said earlier Naku now knows Ramdas' side of the story. But we are yet to know Damodar's side. From the dates it appears that Ramdas, Nana, Rupali came into Damodar's life after he had escaped the law and his responsibilities after SP's death. Did he follow the same path of selfishness then? If yes why did he take Rupali to Ramdas' house? Being a common friend of NS and Ramdas he could have done a lot more damage without taking Rupali there.

You know what, I think there more to Ramdas that what we know as of now. And yes Damodar's reasons need to become clear. He calls Rupali bachchi. Was he really protective about her?
Now may be Damodar took her along because when we are young and desperately in love, we become somewhat blinded by our emotions. So may be he wanted Rupali to see for herself so that the scales would fall from her eyes so to speak. And as you hint, may be he wasn't as selfish a man as we believe him to be. May be killing his brother changed him someway, may be there was an amount of remorse there. So many possibilities...and thats what makes LTL what it is...our addiction and passion Smile

When his brother fell down he was instantly remorseful. But he was a coward and ran away. Like a coward he prolly stayed away as he did not have the guts to face the people he had wronged-his son and his brother's family. He returned when he realized time has run out. Maybe he had to say something important to Dutta. Thats why he had to tell Dutta his real identity.
The Ramdas chap looks fishy to me. He almost got Rupali married to another guy.

Yes, Ramdas is definitely fishy. So is this whole 1985-86 business. One has to delve deeper before coming to any conclusion.
As for Damodar, he could have been tormented by what he did to his brother and his family for most of his life for all we know. Yes, he turned to Dutta in his last days surely for something important and not just forgivance. Dutta did'nt know he existed before that so where did the question of forgiving arise. AS yes, but Dutta? I for one want to wait for things to unfold and not stand judgement on Damodar prematurely.
As you said, they need to find that letter. The last we saw of it, it was lying on the table on the balcony of D-N room.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ani_La_IamTheRager

Moontide Goldie
Moontide
Moontide

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

OH Dewdrop-pearl!!!!! 

Where were you? Missed you gal. verrry much :-)

Hey Moony...missed you too dear HugHug! Tu dar mat, Moony...ab main aa gayi hoon na! Big smile

Ayiye/ Aapka/ Intezaar tha...tra la la, tra la la, tra la la tra la la...Hug
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged
@Moontide: Like Baji mentioned that in Kala's raj the letter could have been misplaced...or worse thrown away. But I hope they exist.
Btw I feel NS thinks if he had known abt Rupali and Ramdas he would have prolly got them married.

MoontideAni_La_Iam

Moontide Goldie
Moontide
Moontide

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged

@Moontide: Like Baji mentioned that in Kala's raj the letter could have been misplaced...or worse thrown away. But I hope they exist.
Btw I feel NS thinks if he had known abt Rupali and Ramdas he would have prolly got them married.

Guess Baji is right Kshreya. So it will be interesting to watch what sleuthing technique they use to hunt down the letter. Or does Kala have it? Knowing her, had she got her hands on a letter addressed to Dutta from Damodar, would she just throw it away without first reading the contents?

As for Nana, my Ishtyle icon Big smile, he could have. That way he would have gottten himself a designer sherwani for the occassion LOLLOLLOL
But seriously Nana's is a crooked mind. He could also have tortured the love birds for all we know :-(

Edited by Moontide - 22 May 2011 at 7:04am

Ani_La_IamTheRager

Ani_La_Iam IF-Dazzler
Ani_La_Iam
Ani_La_Iam

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
[/QUOTE]

Oh YES! sooo agree here. Mishal took up this character and put him in an altogether different pedestral by his talent and characterisation. His interpretation of Dutta shows he is a thinking man. He brought in shades to Dutta which probably even the creatives did not or could not have thought about. His is a very fluid face and the myriad play of emotions he can bring into a scene within a span of a few seconds is fantastic. I don't know if any creative can think that up. I'm sure if we start discussing some such scenes this thread will run on to hundreds of pages. This is also precisely why I cannot accept any one else as Dutta. The person can be an even more talented actor but for me Dutta can have only one face.
I think his portrayal played the major part in making Dutta this unique. Must say I wasn't floored by him in Love Story. But in LTL, it was like he was this whole new actor. He has matured as one
[/QUOTE]

Word...MoontideSmile

I watch LTL first...my sister showed me an episode. I was complaining about how all TV shows (American) has got boring with no dept in the characters and Indian TV shows the same thing and the same story.

No challenging characters...no dept...nothing.

Anyway after seeing the episode...Nakusha and Dutta's first marriage...I was hooked. In the beginning mostly because of Mishal's amazing performance.

After that I wanted to check out Love Story...I like the show...different and again a challenging and troubled character.
Smile

Edited by agbg98 - 22 May 2011 at 7:12am

MoontideTheRager

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged

Guess Baji is right Kshreya. So it will be interesting to watch what sleuthing technique they use to hunt down the letter. Or does Kala have it? Knowing her, had she got her hands on a letter addressed to Dutta from Damodar, would she just throw it away without first reading the contents?

As for Nana, my Ishtyle icon Big smile, he could have. That way he would have gottten himself a designer sherwani for the occassion LOLLOLLOL
But seriously Nana's is a crooked mind. He could also have tortured the love birds for all we know :-(
I think Naku must focus on finding the letter rather than going on jaunts around the country-side and raising her husband's BP. LOL

MoontideAni_La_Iam

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Word...MoontideSmile

I watch LTL first...my sister showed me an episode. I was complaining about how all TV shows (American) has got boring with no dept in the characters and Indian TV shows the same thing and the same story.

No challenging characters...no dept...nothing.

Anyway after seeing the episode...Nakusha and Dutta's first marriage...I was hooked. In the beginning mostly because of Mishal's amazing performance.

After that I wanted to check out Love Story...I like the show...different and again a challenging and troubled character.
Smile
[/QUOTE]

Yep...LS was a good show. Apart from Mishal's the other characters who played his friends, girlfriend, parents, girlfriend's brothers, girlfriend's uncle had some amount of depth.
When LTL had started I was going thru a phase when I had nothing to watch on TV and was looking for a decent show. I couldnt connect with the top shows of that time like Bidaai, YRKKH. BV too after showing spark was going down the usual expected route.

MoontideAni_La_Iam

Go to top