Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I haven't commented on this? i swear i had read this quite a long time ago. Anyway i love how your using the ideas that you have derived from Robert Frost's poems to weave a story from those or that idea(s). Truly a unique form of writing a story and i really really like your FF:  Infinity in the palm of your hands, which i hope you will continue soon.

i'm going to completely off topic here but its just something i had to mention when Riddhima had mentioned how someone could say knowledge is power.

This idea of shedding off the nonchalant approach children had once they start growing up and knowledge brings them to think too much over small things sometimes, made me think of the whole idea of people choosing knowledge over ignorance or vice versa...

When we're children we wouldn't call it ignorance but rather enjoying your childhood freely without unnecessary worries as a childhood should be like. But as you start growing up and choose to keep that laid-back attitude instead of acknowledging how the world is it becomes ignorance.
Knowledge of the bitter truths of the world make us want to go back to being kids and when one can't do that they turn to ignorance for bliss. they would ask why would someone set out to learn and experience the world when it would only make them unhappy to see the nasty reality. But you cannot feign ignorance because you would always know that there was something lacking that others had. Knowledge is what can lead us to learn to appreciate the good in the world
rather than choosing only to see the darkness of the world that comes through knowledge and then pining for ignorance.

^^yep off topic babbling that is largly irrelevant to the OS you posted but i've written it out already ;P

This part of your FF really brought along feelings of nostalgia because.. many do have difficulties of growing out of childhood, we all go through that stage which causes us to become distant with people even though they're still there in your everyday life.

Also, from the many things that i have enjoyed and learned from reading Infinity FF I also have to thank you for giving me the best possible introduction or first impression you could give unintentionally of Robert Frost's poems. I've become quite a fan of his poetry.
Edited by -Aliya- - 12 years ago