Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Did Gopi's parents want her uneducated? (Page 2)

DreamSz Senior Member
DreamSz
DreamSz

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Gopis a really difficult character even though shes very simple

Edited by DreamSz - 21 May 2011 at 8:45am

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic8219

Originally posted by Nafisa_blossoms

Originally posted by angelic8219

I thought that Gopi didn't have many memories of her parents I think she mentioned as much when the photo of her parents was broken and Koki re-framed it.

That could indicate she was very young when their died, that's why no memory of them, because in the serial it said she has been to standard 1 only. So we can blame the un-education totally at Urmila and Jitubhai's feet.

We can also blame it at Koki's too Gopi has been Married to Ahem for a year and in that time did she not think to help her vahu to learn to read and write. I guess we could blame Gopi too for not learning but the fact is she would only learn if she had the support behind her, Urmilla didn't encourage it  and used her like a slave and Koki hasn't implemented it yet.

We are hoping this hanky and socks kalakari will result in Gopi being taught to read and write at least but I think until now Kokila thought Gopi doesn't need to know as she is an old fashioned bahu. Also Kokila wants to be superior and doesn't want to risk Gopi getting out of her control, she teaches her too much.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DreamSzsuk19

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DreamSz

Gopis a really difficult character even though shes very simple

In that though she is exploited by the baddies, and will look a fool, she is not learning from this mistakes, we call her stupid but it's the CV's not wanting her to loose her innocence so she will carry on getting exploited and looking a fool, just so she stays this innocent creature for all to admire.
suk19 IF-Sizzlerz
suk19
suk19

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Nafisa which parent now even in the slums dont want their child to be educated, i think her parents died when she was a toddler hence no memory of them.   urmilla is the type of women instead of thinking maybe their time came up she thougth this girl  is cursed first she took her parents life now she is in my home  that is why we are so poor etc she considers gopi a curse bad luck n she doesnt deserve anything good in her life

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DreamSzwinter30-Nafisa-

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
You never know Suk, in the olden days women weren't educated (like Naani and them's generation, I'm not sure even Kokila, Hetal did further education they learnt numeracy and literacy and that's it) even when I was studying many of my friends would disappear from school because they parents had arranged a marriage for them, look at Kinjal (fair enough Kokila thought her pregnant, but still she stopped her going to college) So some parents do make these type of choices, perhaps the girl will live happily without any problem in the marriage but these days most of the time you need a back up plan. 

But i agree with what angelic said where her parents photo frame broke and she said she had no real memory of them other than that picture, what I was stuck on was the fact Jitu bhai is collecting her father's railway pension and he gave some to Gopi and said he would keep the rest for her, why didn't they educate her with that money and what is happening to it now that she is married. What is Jitu bhai doing with it and perhaps he should hand it over so that Gopi can live on it whilst she studies when she leaves the Modi's. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suk19

rsinging Groupbie
rsinging
rsinging

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
My money is on Urmila using the money to educate Rashi instead.  I also bet Urmila used the money from the pension to convince Jitubhai to open their shop. She probably blew some money on her fancy teeth also:)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

winter30suk19-Nafisa-

Go to top