HKfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Girls! ❀️

Haven't posted in a really long time! But I do read your posts and enjoy them! As always they make my day!

Yesterday's episode had a lot of flavours don't you think...

A touch of Dhulwadi πŸ˜ƒ(and a  mention of future visit ...yipee!)

Shaan helping Khanak's mom learn to SMS (sweet...and about time some interaction was shown!)πŸ€—

Madhavi's  nit picking relationship with her mother!

Akshay and Shaan fumbling with their mother's day efforts to please Maddy !πŸ˜†

Well, one thing that got me thinking about how mum's are so similar was Madhavi's mother saying that:

I  keep finding all your faults , as I don't want others to find fault with you! So before anyone does, I tell you, so that you will be perfect!

Ooops!!! Now I know this is not at all the best way to tackle things, yet that is something I do too, and even say exactly those words !!!!

And I just wanted to ask, how many have mum's that do this (for your good ,we assert, obviously!πŸ˜ƒ) And, who does this themselves to siblings or children!! If not similar to this approach, how are you corrected?

(I just wanted to write a different post from my previous ones...hope you guys join in with your experiences!)

Edited by HKfan - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Deena,
What a hatke post frm you😊

Yes, I am very familiar with what Madhvi's mom said. My mother said the same when I was younger. Parents were strict but ensured we weren't laughed at by others. I suppose it's not a wrong notion... my grand mother also used to say the same thing.

But now the ideas about parenting have changed probably... now 'experts' says parents should encourage children by pointing out their good points.

I don't know which one is correct... each has its merits. Parents can and should be strict without being too critical I think. Just my POV.
snehapatro thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awsome post Deena...πŸ˜ƒ
loved mads and her mom convo in yest eps...πŸ˜ƒ
even my mom finds fault and trys to correct me all the time yeh karo woh karo...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...its fun with mom sometimes i listen sometimes i dont but then my mom never stops correcting me all the time...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

jyothi1989 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
woow awesome post  i have this experience with my mom telling me to so stuff so that i may not be questioned / find faults latter by my future in laws.i get annoyed some times but i know wht she says is true and is bound to happen one day but i being myself sometime listen to her and sometime just dont bother to hear .
Prernarbofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
nice post
my mom she is always saying do this do that
but I don't listen and if i listen kuch ulta hi kar
deti hoon mom is fun but sometimes she 
becomes really angry but i love her she is
the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HKfan thumbnail
Gaayu...Thank you for saying it is hatke! πŸ˜Š I honestly feel that sometimes kids were more disciplined being brought up the old way...although, keeping their self respect intact , as is done now, is also a welcome change! and I really liked your point:

Parents can and should be strict without being too critical I think. Just my POV. 

Very good one!!! Tks !!!!

Sneha...hahaha..yeah i guess mothers find it hard to stop correcting...and it's their job to guide nah! and it becomes such a habit!

Jyothi...wow! Atleast you realise it's for your good!!!! that's a start!!! Some kids think the opposite! And then peace just vanishes! good girl!😊

Prerna...bechari mom!  Don't trouble her rey! seems all girls love irritating mom a little, hai nah???

destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG dheena  My mom is exactly Madhvis mom
she never praises me easily

She is the greatest critic of me

whenver she visits my house and sets her roving eyes I fret a lot inside

she says I am too lazy and in my age she was more energetic doing all the work at ease ..I should improve a lot in cooking house keeping  etc. etc.,

But at the same time when I am priased by someone saying " ur  daughter is so smart" she feels extremly happy  

yes I do think all the mothers want their daughters to excel especially in house keeping no matter howevr good we are at stuides and job

They are extremely happy with our good name among neighbours friends  and relatives ..But they never praise openly

But the relationship between a mother and a daughter is so beautiful  ..

words are not enough for it ..Mom is a girls top most   best friend at the end of the day 😊
saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I must admit my mom is my greatest critic..however my father always instilled in me a sense of self belief...and my mom a sense of realism...the combination resulted in (if I may say so myself) in an extremely normal person...

I am a huge fan of moderation and balance...too much positive reinforcement is no good...becos it takes you away from reality and too much negative is not good becos it makes you unsure of  everything you do...

and I hope I bring that balance and moderation in my child's life..

nice post...
HKfan thumbnail
Shriya-That is so nice to hear! And all her pushing and effort has helped you! So, I guess it is all good in the end!It's great that you understand her!😊

Saaz- Yes a balanced approach is the best, and I really liked the way you described it ! Totally agree!I'm sure you will pass on this to your child too dear😊