Gulaal

All you Kes-Guls!

rakni thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I know most of you on the forum are rallying behind the Kes-Gul banner but I am having a huge turmoil of my own to accept that angle for the following reasons:

1. Does anyone remember when Gulaal came to the house as a bahu what Paanba said? Kesar ko ek Ma mil gayi...
2. Gulaal even bathed Kesar under that big tree
3. Gulaal beat Kesar up for gambling, like a guardian - a mother. A wife doesn't beat her husband up 😃
4. During the Diyarbattu Gulaal said that in due course of time she herself will choose a bride for her devar. I would hate to see her lie.
5. She promised Talli to set her up with Kesar. Why doesn't anyone have trouble with breaking Talli's heart? Her heart is even more tender. She has nothing good in her life - does she not deserve some happiness?

Even now Gulaal's feelings towards him are not of romantic nature. Just because Kesar feels that way does not mean Gulaal has to reciprocate.

Everyday that I see these Kes-Gul comments, I cringe. Gulaal is a great show, different than any other show on TV. Why then change it to make another cheap, masaladar mess only for romance's sake? Why not have some quality for a change?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hookedonGeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you, finally somebody else feels the same!!

I posted this sometime back, and I dont think some liked it when I said Kesar is like her son

I wish they would bring Vasant back, but i hope its not durgesh, but some other travellers who rescued him and took him to their gaon instead.

I have also heard that there was a movie made on this story in the south of india and in it they brought vasant back, so I am living with hope. 
Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

edited

Edited by arti07 - 12 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
You remember all that yet you forget the most important aspect of the entire show. KESAR- GULAAL are MARRIED and it wasn't Kesar who initiated it, instead it was Gulaal and I don't think any 'mother' would do that.

Seriously, its a shame that people tag Gulaal-Kesar's relationship so easily when it was always supposed to be complex. There was never a clear definition...!

As arti said, Gulaal also performed rituals as a wife with him. Vasant was meant to die and this isn't a show where you take everything at face-value. As Manasi said, the narrative is layered as is Gulaal-Kesar's relationship. The story was always about THEM whether you wish to admit it or not. If Vasant came back then how is this show any different than other ghisse pitte Indian serials where the deceased comes back and that too after 10 years?!😕

Gulaal wasn't 'lying' when she said she would find a wife for Kesar. It was a promise and an assurance that their relationship will remain pure. Now if she does start to feel something for Kesar, what's so wrong with that? There is a man who loves her so much (most probably more than Vasant did) and who also happens to be her husband...why can't she fall for him? 😕
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
rakni thumbnail
@ Arti, I see your point, but I still don't agree.
I did say that Paanba made the commnet,  not Gulaal. Please read the post again.

@Reemz, human beings do not change their feelings overnight. You have heard Gulaal say that many times - she has the same feelings for Kesar - Kesar is still the same to her as he has always been. Kesar was a project for Gulaal all along to raise him into a good person emulating Vasant every step of the way. Kesar would be like Vasant not replace Vasant as a husband for Gulaal. As for his feelings, he always had very strong attaction towards Gulaal - call it passion, love, infatuation, obsession, or whatever. He can have the same feelings towards her all his life but he does not need to be married to her for that - it is abnormal!
The deeyarvattu was a way for Gulaal to remain in the house and save Kesar from being killed by the Jamna Kaki gang - that's all. It does not have to be taken at face value! Gulaal said that to Motabha as well that it is just a word to her. Now Kesar is being forced on her!!!! That's odd. How many women out there are capable of falling in love with a man 10 years younger than them, especially when they raised them for a year?
Incense thumbnail
edited
rakni thumbnail
You must be speaking from experience
Sadia.khan thumbnail
 yaar KESAR and GULAAL are MARRIED.. Yeh tau shaddi karne se pehle sauchna chahiye thaa...😆 Edited by Saddiakhan - 12 years ago
rakni thumbnail
Saddia, the diyarvatu happened too fast and too suddenly, so didn't get a chance to say it then 😆. If it wasn't for that Jamna Kaki, none of this would've happened. That is an awful woman (I mean the character not the person).
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: rakni

You must be speaking from experience

whats tht??????? and whats this way of talking ...its indecent i should nt have come in your post but anyways i m deleting whatever i wrote not interested to discuss with someone who cant even respect individuals