Maan & Geet - Midnight Sun - Page 33

Posted: 12 years ago
update is gud...waiting for the next one
hey dat was a nice update so maan is helping her good and who is this person who pulled geet do update soon
Awesome update sis
loved it loadz
cant wait 4 da next part
con soon
thanks 4 da pm
Muahhh
Xxx
<333
awesome...

munshi also after money...no surprises...

hope maan is able to help her...

continue soon...
Hey
gr8 part..
cont.sooon

thanks for pm dear..
awesome update
loved maans bribery to help geet
i cant believe you stopped it right there πŸ˜”πŸ˜†
it was getting really exciting
oh well i guess we'll have to wait
cont soon please
cant wait
thanks for the pm hun!! :D
Loveee the part!!
I think so maan pulled her😳!
Continue soonnn.
Thanxx for the pm.

Fatima
Nice update
Cant wait for next update
Thanks for pm
I thought I'd treat you guys to two updates in one day, seeing as a lot of you are restless for the next part after the previous chapter's cliffhanger 😊

Chapter 9 - Lurking Shadows

Maan hadn't intended to pull Geet back with such force. Yet she had ended up colliding against his own, muscular body, their faces mere inches apart as he leant against the wall, holding Geet to him.

He knew that she was attractive, but seeing her features so close made him realise she was much, much more than that.

She was breathtakingly beautiful.

There was a small crease in between her eyebrows as she looked at him with her sparkling doe-like hazel eyes. A loose strand of her brown hair was dancing lightly in the wind across her forehead, her cheeks looked silky soft, velvety, inviting to touch. Her full, luscious lips added to her already natural beauty.

Geet gazed at the handsome man before her, appreciating his model-like looks. His dark eyes which were full of depth, his chiselled jaw, his definitve face structure & appealing stubble. Her eyes wandered down to his M-shaped lips, she wondered how they would feel against her own...

Maan was still lost in Geet when he realised what he was doing, & how close to him she actually was. He released her wrist and pushed her away slightly.

Geet was shocked at her own actions & raised her dupatta to her mouth, trying to make sense of the thoughts that her wayward brain had been coming up with.

An awkward silence lingered between them, then Maan cleared his throat.

"I needed to tell you that the process has started for the inheritance of the land," he said, not daring to look at Geet.

When Geet said nothing, he continued. "I talked to my Munshi today. He says that in order for you to get the land, you need to get them signed by your Darjee."

Geet felt her heart sink. There was no way on this earth that Darjee would ever sign the papers. All hopes she had of gaining what was rightfully hers was now snatched away.

Maan saw Geet's distraught expression & attempted to soothe her. "Don't worry, we'll come up with a solution."

"GEET! Where are you?!"

The bellowing voice of an angry sounding Tayyi-ji, who was in the garden looking for her made Geet jump with shock. She looked up at Maan, worriedly who backed himself firmly against the wall & began to edge away.

"Ji, Tayyi-ji, I'm coming!" Geet called, trying to think logically. She saw the shed & ran to it, thrusting the door open & grabbing a handful of vegetables. She wrapped them in her dupatta & began to make her across the grass, not daring to sneak a glance at Maan. She bumped into Tayyi-ji, who gave her an annoyed look.

"It's been 5 minutes since I asked for these, what took you so long?" she demanded, snatching them off Geet.

"Ji, I-I had trouble opening the door," Geet lied, biting her lip nervously.

Tayyi-ji simply scoffed & stormed inside, beckoning for Geet to follow, who was juggling the heavy vegetables & running in after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Maan was positive that no one was in the garden, he crept along the front side of the house & hurriedly made his way to the jeep.

Locking his door, he pulled away in a hurry, only to pull over away from the Handa household a few minutes later.

The image of Geet being so close to him was haunting him like a nightmare. He closed his eyes in frustration, trying to squeeze her thoughts out of his mind.

Except it wasn't like a nightmare. He felt as if she was bringing light into his darkness, a rainbow on a rainy day, shelter from a storm.

A sun into his midnight.

His eyes snapped open, & he slammed the wheel in anger.

"What's happening to me?" he said to himself. "Why do I feel the need to protect that girl, to help her? Why do I want to see her all the time?
No, it can't be... how can it be? I don't deserve to be feeling this way about someone, she doesn't deserve me. How could I ever make her happy, when all I've done is brought pain into lives? I brought pain into Dadima & Vicky's life when I couldn't save Dev...
I don't deserve to feel anything apart from pain. I'm not worthy of any other emotion.
I'm only helping her to redeem myself from Dev. I couldn't save my brother... but I can at least save someone else."

The sound of his mobile ringing snapped him out of his thoughts. He pulled it out of his pocket & saw the name 'Vicky' flashing.

"Hello?"

"See Dadima, I told you he's fine,"
Vicky called into the background. "Maan bro, Dadima's been so worried about you, you haven't called for days. I know that may seem unbelieveable to you, but when it comes to Maan Singh Khurana, the truth is always hard to bear, right?"

"I've been busy."

"I tried telling her that, but you know what she's like. When are you coming back to Delhi?"

"When my work here is done."

"And when will that be?"

"Vicky, you're never around when I'm in Delhi anyway. I don't know why you're acting so interested now."

"That doesn't mean I don't care about my eldest bro."
Vicky's voice turned serious. " I... I didn't want to ask you this, I know you'll get angyry but it... it's really worrying her now, she's so concerned all the time and-"

"Spit it out."

"Dadima's asking if you're still going on with the whole sleepless night routine. I mean, you had your exercise to keep you going here at night but... over there... I suppose she was hoping that you'd finally battle your demons & close your eyes for some rest. I was hoping so, too."

Maan's fists clenched around the phone. "No. I don't sleep. And you know very well why. If you'll excuse me, I'm busy."

"But bro-"

Maan hung up the call, throwing the phone aside on the passenger seat & slamming his fist on the wheel once more.

It was time for the evening meal at the Handas, & everyone had gathered around the table. Even Rajji had managed to pull herself from her bed & join the family.

As usual, Geet was serving everyone as Tayyi-ji took her position between her husband & her son.

Geet was being extremely cautious not to spill anything, especially in front of Darjee & Brij. When she was 13, Geet had accidentally spilt milk across the table, & it had ended up going through some of the chappatis.

Darjee had gotten so angry that he had whipped her several times across her back, pushed her into the kitchen & ordered her to make double the chappatis she had previously made, as a punishment.

The memory still made Geet shiver everytime she thought about it.

Luckily, there were no mistakes today, so Geet was spared. On Uncle-ji's insistence, she joined the family for dinner also, reluctantly taking a seat between Rajji & Tito. She hadn't missed Tayyi-ji's disapproving glare as Geet sat with her children.

Everyone was eating in silence when Brij cleared his throat after sipping from a glass of water. It was his way of gaining attention, so apart from Darjee, everyone else stopped eating & listened to what he had to say.

"Geet is 18 years old. She should have been married long ago," he said, shooting a menacing look at Geet.

She felt her heart sink as she lowered her gaze. There was no way she'd get the land if they were planning to marry her off.

"And luckily, we've-"

He was interrupted by a stern knock on the door. Annoyed at his speech being ruined, Brij stormed to the front door & opened it.

Maan ignored him & pushed past him, making his way inside.

Darjee, Uncle-ji & Tayyi-ji stood up in response. Maan looked past them at Geet, who was aware of his presence in the room but had her gaze fixated on the ground.

Brij was aware that Maan was here to progress further with getting the land given to Geet, as he had promised them all last night. He smirked as he took the opportunity to set things straight.

"As I was saying," he continued, making Geet look up. "We've found a boy for you, Geet. He's seen a picture of you, the family is keen, and you can expect a visit from them all... tomorrow."

Geet's eyes widened in shock mixed with horror, and she felt a lump stuck in her throat. Her hands began shaking with fear.

She looked directly at Maan, forgetting the fact that her family were present in the room.

Maan looked directly back at her, a shocked expression similar to Geet's also etched across his face. His fists were tightened at the thought of Geet becoming someone else's, and his eyes were speaking volumes - the thought of her marraige was causing great pain to him, for reasons he wasn't even sure about himself.

Precap: "I'll pick you up & carry you out myself if I have to."

HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON!
Long comments preferable 😊 But any comments are welcome, of course πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago