Makers butchering DD's talent and Geet's character - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Could it be that she is sick and not 100%.  Give the girl a break. 

I think all this negative talk is making us biased towards DD.  As loyal fans we should support her through her ups and downs. 

Don't mean to offend anyone but seems like there is so much negativity on this board lately.
Originally posted by eveline

DD as mentioned earlier is a thorough professional...she has deffo had a very huge hand in making this show what it is today..
also these are seasoned actors...every single day they do scenes they might not agree with...they romance with actors they barely know...( DD and GC are now great friends so they are not in question here)..my point...their personal feelings are kept on the side while acting...thats what marks an actor...

DD herself pointed out that initially she could not empathise with Geet..that she is very different than Geet in reality...but still she gave her 200% in the initial months of this show...so the question of personal thinking or opinions interfering with work ..seems less likely...

After reading this...i went back...personally did not find her off...but she has had less scees weightage lately what with her sickness and absence...and my guess is ..some scenes were patched with body doubles...so maybe they both have different reactions...

i can say that she remains one of my all time fav telly actresses...

no offence...just my pov...😊 

absolutely agree with you, particularly when you say 'DD herself pointed out that initially she could not empathise with Geet..that she is very different than Geet in reality...but still she gave her 200% in the initial months of this show...so the question of personal thinking or opinions interfering with work ..seems less likely...'
Thanks for reminding me about GHSP ! ðŸ˜†

As i have lost my grip, its HELL boring nowadays ! I just watch Maan scenes and forward it or MUTE my TV ! 

And, story ? ðŸ˜²

I don't like such jokes ! ðŸ¤£

After Holi, i had lost my interest in the SHOW ! And, after this 'circus' track ! I stopped it shamelessly ! ðŸ˜‰

I think, in bad times, we should just skip the bad scenes and concentrate more on what we like the most !

And, honestly and frankly, i have been watching this show only and only for Maan ! As everyone else are just too boring for me ! 
Truth to tell, I haven't noticed any difference in her acting..I haven't been paying much attention to anyone other than mamajee and lucky...

she's probably been told to keep to her comic avtaar of late and because we don't like what's going on in the current track, it may look as though she's giving the wrong expressions.

Honestly, I, as a viewer, am bored with what's going on including the pheekapan in the Maan-Geet chemistry of late...maybe the actors too are bored with what they are being told to do but are unable to do anything other than listen to the cvs and director.
Edited by pippa - 12 years ago
this present track itself is full anomalies...no logic, no ethics...nothing...and total butchering of maneet's characters...

wen the script is so unconvincing and crap...we cant blame the actors for their below par performance...

i am desperately waiting for this track to end...gc and dd r flawless actors and i am sure we will get to see dd in full form once again...
Gul, being a lady, how could she show this story line??  also why so bias with GC, giving all good scripts and dialogues... Might be opposite attracts😆.  
I don't think the problem is Dhrasti herself. She is a very committed performer. She was shooting for the SR sequence even when she was running high fever. The backbone of any enterprise be it a movie or am episode of a TV serial is the script and the characterization of the roles. The problem is there. They are more interested in promoting Dev and his reformation than in the title character herself who has been butchered beyond recognition. I think they should rename the show Dev - ek paapi ka pashchataap.

They are not bothering with the charcterization of Geet these days, then why make her a title character. In my opinion the way they are headed, Nandini will be the new lead of the show. Maaneet will be side lined the way they are going.

A sincere request to the makers - stop butchering Geet both the show and the character.

THE ACTOR IS NOT TO BLAME. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH EVEN A TALENTED ACTOR CAN DO WITH A SHODDY SCRIPT.
Originally posted by liv2laugh

I don't think the problem is Dhrasti herself. She is a very committed performer. She was shooting for the SR sequence even when she was running high fever. The backbone of any enterprise be it a movie or am episode of a TV serial is the script and the characterization of the roles. The problem is there. They are more interested in promoting Dev and his reformation than in the title character herself who has been butchered beyond recognition. I think they should rename the show Dev - ek paapi ka pashchataap.

They are not bothering with the charcterization of Geet these days, then why make her a title character. In my opinion the way they are headed, Nandini will be the new lead of the show. Maaneet will be side lined the way they are going.

A sincere request to the makers - stop butchering Geet both the show and the character.

THE ACTOR IS NOT TO BLAME. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH EVEN A TALENTED ACTOR CAN DO WITH A SHODDY SCRIPT.

hey im not blaming DD...i love her and think the world of her...im feeling bad that she is being handed such bad characterization...
read what i said at that end...
they made Dev  Devta
                  Maan Maahaan
                 Geet they have destroyed.
ur right...that her character is being butchered...im feeling that she too must be feeling the same way...and not able to be so lovey dovey with Dev.
Originally posted by eveline

DD as mentioned earlier is a thorough professional...she has deffo had a very huge hand in making this show what it is today..
also these are seasoned actors...every single day they do scenes they might not agree with...they romance with actors they barely know...( DD and GC are now great friends so they are not in question here)..my point...their personal feelings are kept on the side while acting...thats what marks an actor...

DD herself pointed out that initially she could not empathise with Geet..that she is very different than Geet in reality...but still she gave her 200% in the initial months of this show...so the question of personal thinking or opinions interfering with work ..seems less likely...

After reading this...i went back...personally did not find her off...but she has had less scees weightage lately what with her sickness and absence...and my guess is ..some scenes were patched with body doubles...so maybe they both have different reactions...

i can say that she remains one of my all time fav telly actresses...

no offence...just my pov...😊 

Hey..I love DD to the core too..find her to be very talented and professional...i agree someone else s to blame..im not blaming DD. at all .
Im blaming the makers for making her take a about turn in her character...right now they made Dev redeemed, Maan mahaan for his principles and made Geet look very dumb..as if she has no mind and thinking of her own except for showing loyalty to maan's family.

Originally posted by sac58375

Could it be that she is sick and not 100%.  Give the girl a break. 

I think all this negative talk is making us biased towards DD.  As loyal fans we should support her through her ups and downs. 

Don't mean to offend anyone but seems like there is so much negativity on this board lately.

hey i love DD...im  only feeling bad she is being dished out this dumb geet character and she cannot do anything about it...im not trying to be negative...im feeling wrong is wrong.
with u in thinking the world of DD.