Makers butchering DD's talent and Geet's character

Posted: 12 years ago

Since few epis, DD's acting is showing less conviction...does anybody feel that way...especially in sceens where she has to talk to Maan about Dev...or listen...you look at her face,..something is not right.
May be she like all of us feels Dev should not be forgiven...she has acting out the most bitter scenes because of De , Brij and HP in past. Now she is being told to forget and act like a great bhabhi.
We all know DD hard a hard time adjusting to earlier hoshiyaarpur track she herself admitted she used to cry a lot first 2/3 months...last year...during all this Dev-Brij-Darjee things. Now she must be feeling her tummy twisting ...poor thing.

Maybe she is not liking it...her acting and expressions are not her usual talented self.
They are making geet behave like how Geets mom behaved when geet underwent all this. While geet was suffering and expected protection and understanding from mom...her mom tried to be good family member to Darjee's family. Geet has hated it back then. Now she is behaving the same way...just because Maan and his family are her family now???She has no duty to protect nandini?

Im sure Drasti is very annoyed...and not feeling conviction...felt that very much in today's episode.

Maan ko banaya Maahan...Dev ko dev-ta...
Geet ko banaya devil...usko , uske fight ko banaya bakra

Geet ko banaya khud se parayi

Edited by bluefish - 12 years ago
yep.. i kinda noticed it too.. πŸ˜•.. there seems to be something missing .. that also may be cause we cannot digest the scenes ourselves.. huh.. cant wait for this track to get over. Edited by ninand - 12 years ago
Originally posted by ninand

yep.. i kinda noticed it too.. πŸ˜•.. there seems to be something missing .. that also may be cause we cannot digest the scenes ourselves.. huh.. cant wait for this track to get over.

ya..not only we are feeling but we are venting too that they are butchering her character...and from what i saw today...in that terrace scene and wake up scene...she wasnt looking upto normal...
im sure she hating this Dev ko devta banao track.
Worse Maan gets to be mahaan but not her!
I second you dear😲
Geet's emotions as well as her passionate expression specially with Maan is missing 😭I have observed this is missing speciallly after the KC passionate sequence...

Frankly after that so-called suhaag raat I've lost interest in the show. If there is any reason why I watch the show every now and then, then it is just for Drashti's expressions and Maaneet moments. I think she is a through professional and usually just does what is asked of her, in fact usually she does even more!

I think it's the storyline that does not demand as much from her character but then again I may be wrong because I simply fast forward all the non DD and GC scenes.
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Frankly after that so-called suhaag raat I've lost interest in the show. If there is any reason why I watch the show every now and then, then it is just for Drashti's expressions and Maaneet moments. I think she is a through professional and usually just does what is asked of her, in fact usually she does even more!

I think it's the storyline that does not demand as much from her character but then again I may be wrong because I simply fast forward all the non DD and GC scenes.

he your right absolutely agree that DD is thorough professional and does what is asked for...otherwise all those ugly fight scenes with GC she could not have done...
but , she is a human still...and all that she was told she is standing up for in the show...when it started...the basis on which her and Maan's relations stood...shachhai, bharosa, insaaf...etc..
all that should not be lost because Dev is Maan's bro.
Now they have made her to forgive Dev, and try to patch him up with Nandini...worse...Maan gets to be Mahaan by still keeping his character intact.
They are making a chicken out of Geet's character...sheep out of sherni.
Im sure its affecting DD somewhere..rewind and watch all epis after KC celebration last week.youl see.

I'm just waiting for the Delhi track...I only watch the maneet scenes and fast forward everything else...but I agree...something is off with Drashti, but I think the script isn't that demanding!
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Agree with completely!

@ Tm,  I don't think DD is not giving her 100%. 
Blame PH/CVs/Channel...who ever is the mastermind behind making Dev Devta...

When they could give Maan apt expression of shock at hearing Dev's confession...They could do justice with Geet too than make her act clownish making faces at Dev..

DD has displayed variety of expressions & did justice to them all..now if they want to slowly kill the character how much of an effort on the part of actor save the character ...
DD as mentioned earlier is a thorough professional...she has deffo had a very huge hand in making this show what it is today..
also these are seasoned actors...every single day they do scenes they might not agree with...they romance with actors they barely know...( DD and GC are now great friends so they are not in question here)..my point...their personal feelings are kept on the side while acting...thats what marks an actor...

DD herself pointed out that initially she could not empathise with Geet..that she is very different than Geet in reality...but still she gave her 200% in the initial months of this show...so the question of personal thinking or opinions interfering with work ..seems less likely...

After reading this...i went back...personally did not find her off...but she has had less scees weightage lately what with her sickness and absence...and my guess is ..some scenes were patched with body doubles...so maybe they both have different reactions...

i can say that she remains one of my all time fav telly actresses...

no offence...just my pov...😊