Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

A Sagacious Vampire's Elder Counterpart

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Howdy, fellas? 

The episode put up tonight was indeed meandering and enigmatic. I have visualized beautified versions of it through Pocahontas's take and Megha's OS. However, my heart or just something I imagine goes out for Siddharth, here I am, paying homage to the miraculous and hysterically bewitching whirlpool of a character, HIM, of course. 

Punching dramatically hilarious and beautiful expressions out of the face of a creature that yearned to howl and cry and tell he was mad at life, it was Siddharth in beginning. His classic one-liners that made us laugh our effing hells out and his antiques beseeching more attention for him include most part of the middle of his odyssey in Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahaani. However, eventually Siddharth Mehra crushed our endeavor of seeing his goodness and nailed it to the grounds of a graveyard and died a villain's death. He was a mere villain, but a most distinctive and certainly the most well-sketched character of the show. Unlike his sagacious counterpart, Abhay, he was vulnerable for being ruined, and indeed the writers run over his character with trucks loaded with baby elephants before endowing him with a mirthful and timeless death. 

Siddharth was more humane than he knew. He harbored feelings for malice and outrage in heart, he was entitled to anger and was swathed in ideas of victory and evilness and betrayal like nobody else. Siddharth was a wholesome character. He was human, he was inhuman, he was reasonable, he was unreasonable, he was evil, he was heartwarming. But most of all, he was enchanting. He was enchanting, which is why I spell all of this out to you. Yes, I feel bad that he is no more. 

Siddhant Karnick is a fine compound, he is going to places! 👍🏼

What more, RIP Sid?! 

Your views? =]

Kankshita

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
res. =] 

-edited-

i wonder why topics like these never get the appreciation they deserve. i mean, i'm one of the blonde people out there - okay, not literally - but there are supposed to be sensible people here, who understand the depth of what you write. 😳

when i heard about a older brother entering a show, i always thought we're getting a damon. i'm too fond of the character - even though i prefer stefan more, he's the only goody-two-shoes i've ever liked. i didn't think any character would do justice to the role. but sid was..wow. he wasn't damon simply because he wasn't supposed to be like damon. i love how you said sid was the most humane character in the show. to whomever who said that he isn't human, he's the only character who was edged perfectly, he was imperfect, he was lonely, he was ignorant, he was self-obsessed, he was shady - he was himself. he was what circumstances made him. look what everyone's ignorance did to him? the feeling of being betrayed by his brother & the love of his life led to him getting killed by the very same people. life can be such a bitch - see, how it proves our YM conversation right. a single grudge, a single regret, a single ounce of humane jealousy can make you suffer for a whole eternity.

sid will always be the most brilliantly portrayed character ever. a.) because of the whole script, the whole characterisation, the perfect mix of black and white. b.) because of SK, no one could have given life to the character of sid like him. 

brilliant post, kanks. [= 
Edited by _Akanksha_ - 12 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _Akanksha_

res. =] 

-edited-

i wonder why topics like these never get the appreciation they deserve. i mean, i'm one of the blonde people out there - okay, not literally - but there are supposed to be sensible people here, who understand the depth of what you write. 😳

I am accustomed with it. I like to believe I am not comprehensive to a certain group of people, but my bloody ego hurts in this forum, anyway.  And you being blonde is quite a revelation. 

when i heard about a older brother entering a show, i always thought we're getting a damon. i'm too fond of the character - even though i prefer stefan more, he's the only goody-two-shoes i've ever liked. i didn't think any character would do justice to the role. but sid was..wow. he wasn't damon simply because he wasn't supposed to be like damon. i love how you said sid was the most humane character in the show. to whomever who said that he isn't human, he's the only character who was edged perfectly, he was imperfect, he was lonely, he was ignorant, he was self-obsessed, he was shady - he was himself. he was what circumstances made him. look what everyone's ignorance did to him? the feeling of being betrayed by his brother & the love of his life led to him getting killed by the very same people. life can be such a bitch - see, how it proves our YM conversation right. a single grudge, a single regret, a single ounce of humane jealousy can make you suffer for a whole eternity.

Actually, when I did witness Sid initially, I could not imagine him getting evil anytime, he was my witty and funny flavor of the month. But there, I did like him evil. SK is spectacular, and Siddharth was a crisp and edgy character, one of EK's teams best. I feel Abhay is in the same league of EK characters, but Siddharth's got the humane dimension within him, like I put and you agree. Jealousy and betrayal are weaker than the goody-two-shoes emotions which require you to survive sacrificing but eventually the former do overpower love and everything, that's the nature of the human. 
Life is a dog, actually. I'll tell you why in YM. 😃

sid will always be the most brilliantly portrayed character ever. a.) because of the whole script, the whole characterisation, the perfect mix of black and white. b.) because of SK, no one could have given life to the character of sid like him. 
Absolutely, he adorned the serial with his presence. Since I am not introduced with Damon yet, he was my first villain interest of a character. And yes, I can't imagine anybody but SK as Siddharth either. Sid and Sid, they were like exclusively designed for each other. Like Arjun Bijlani and Mayank Sharma. I dun usually feel a certain actor is replaced and it'd matter all that much, Sid and Mayank and maybe the-word-you-hate have no replacements. 

brilliant post, kanks. [= 
Thanks a ton! =]

IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Dayum..I'm a bit late here..but not too late I guess..😆

See..i told you..you're not decent you're amazing. 😆 Thanks for mentioning my OS by the way. 😳

I don't feel sad..just feel like of 'what the hell, why do CV's always do this?' 😡 I mean really now just because someone's evil doesn't mean you can't do a little character development...I mean what's with glorifying everyone but letting the villain be some kind of punchbag for the audiences to take out their frustration on..(yeah it must be his fault...😆) 

I just hope they bring him back and that this time they manage to give him the screen space he deserves. 😆
NIDIZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OooH woww Kanky you write brilliant..!!
 SK from day one has given his best shot..I think ending Sid was the best decision made instead of replacing..coz no one cuold have managed to easy Sid better than Sid..😆
I thought Sid must be Evil..Devil alright but, somwhere down internally he wuld feel for his kid brother..!!
But, *sigh* he only worried all about was himself..his love for Metz , His Powers.etc..
I will remember him till the eternity..!!
Sk has done justice..n Killing Sid Abhay gave Justice to himself..his long wait..!!
May his soul Rest In Peace..!!
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for the scrap, Kanks. I just caught the episode. 
I think you already know that as a character, I was never fond of Sid. There was actually no depth in him according to me which the articles had promised. Yet, I did enjoy him because of SK's performance. His portrayal made me like Sid, whatever little I did. If it were any other actor, I know I wouldn't have been able to tolerate the character with all his scheming and everything. 
I wish I saw Sid the way you do, reasonable, humane at times. But then, I have admitted time and again that I've never understood this character on my own. I've always relied in everyone else's interpretation on him. Maybe that's why, I normally choose not to enter Sid-specific topics because I don't have much to give to them. 
I apologise for disappointing you with my response but one thing I can say for sure is that when Abhay staked him, I felt BAD. I don't think I'll miss the character, but actor, yes surely I'll miss him! 
If Sid ever comes back to the show, I'd like to see more layers and dimensions to his character. Till now, he's been pretty flat for me.
This is strictly my opinion. I intend no offense to anyone 😳

Nicely written post as always, Kanks 👏
Kristalizzed thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I'm gonna miss him. :(
Sid, driven by evil intentions and a heart severely pained was simply great. He made us love him. His expression while dying yesterday was so touching that it made me feel he didn't deserve it...
P.s. Nice post. You sort of covered our sentiments. :)
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sid character was realy superb ,the very well writen character ,even abhay i find him only as a restricted person but sid was more of human ,he had different emotions ,as a character i feel he was more strong n could pull out the story for long,

thegameison thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: IndigoBlues

Dayum..I'm a bit late here..but not too late I guess..😆

Never mind, I am accustomed with late or no replies to my posts. 😃

See..i told you..you're not decent you're amazing. 😆 Thanks for mentioning my OS by the way. 😳

Eeha, thank you. 

I don't feel sad..just feel like of 'what the hell, why do CV's always do this?' 😡 I mean really now just because someone's evil doesn't mean you can't do a little character development...I mean what's with glorifying everyone but letting the villain be some kind of punchbag for the audiences to take out their frustration on..(yeah it must be his fault...😆) 

Um, yeah. That's the set-down of being evil, right. You got bear the latent wrath of aimed at you even though you are being adorned by an amazing actor, like in this case. 

I just hope they bring him back and that this time they manage to give him the screen space he deserves. 😆

SK is some person it seems, who makes a life for himself, a dazzling one on that wherever he goes. He'd be good. We like him! 👍🏼

thegameison thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: NIDIZ

OooH woww Kanky you write brilliant..!!

SK from day one has given his best shot..I think ending Sid was the best decision made instead of replacing..coz no one cuold have managed to easy Sid better than Sid..😆
I thought Sid must be Evil..Devil alright but, somwhere down internally he wuld feel for his kid brother..!!
But, *sigh* he only worried all about was himself..his love for Metz , His Powers.etc..
I will remember him till the eternity..!!
Sk has done justice..n Killing Sid Abhay gave Justice to himself..his long wait..!!
May his soul Rest In Peace..!!

Um, thank you Nidiz. 😃

SK is not replaceable, I agree with you. You know, I thought so too, but there indeed was nothing of a feeling on either sides of the cold war, Abhay and Sid dint love each other, after all. 😳

He'd no soul, remember?