Mistis thoughts 20th may 2011

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Phuljhari-Radhika
Fruitcake-Dev
Bhabhi aunty-Mohini
Chunnu munnu-creatives

Badi bahu and Virat are again building castles in the air and this time Virat now wants to throw a party for laying the foundation stone of this hawa mahal and his wife wants three days notice because she does not want to repeat her sari...by the way Bhabhi aunty is getting more and more flustered and jealous, flustered because she is being kept out of all the secret talks between the mother and son and jealous because Phuljhari  is being given importance...jealousy shown in the Bhabhi aunty -virat- Phuljhari  scene where Virat tells her off for not being like Phuljhari ...waise Bhabhi aunty was right, Phuljhari has got expert experience regarding treatment of headaches...with her mother and sister around, who won't get headaches...I don't know why Mansaram  did not tell the gundas to take Shanti with them...the gundas would have returned her within half an hour with interest and would have told Chenu that he can fleece as much money as he wants from them...on the condition that they never have to face his mother...Chenu missed out this business arrangement...

This badi bahu always digs a hole for her to fall into...she did it again today...she knows that dadaji starts getting active if the injection is not given, instead of telling the servant to tell the hawai lawyer that she will call him after some time and giving dadaji the injection...she drops the injection and runs to talk to hawailal (lawyer) and leaves dadaji alone in the room...who takes the opportunity to spit out the medicine and Phuljhari walks in...dadaji takes the opportunity to tell Phuljhari that there is a danger to RP from someone in the family and not to tell others...then BB finishes the conversation and remembers the medicine and walks back...to find Phuljhari  talking to dadaji...Phuljhari  is flustered and tells her that dadajis hands move and was on the verge of telling her dadaji also spoke to her...but badi bahu cuts her off and send her of packing... Phuljhari 's mind going tick tock...now if Badi bahu had only given the injection first and then gone for the telephone...then all this would not have happened...so she has again dug a hole for herself...Always not paying attention to what is important but running after some scheme ...can never see the bigger picture and thinking herself to be very clever...go jump into your hole now... 

Phuljhari in the kitchen and she is thinking now...that why did dadaji tell her and not anyone else...(well because you are the outsider and chances are that you will be objective)...then she wants to tell her KK (still not Dev...she is still maintain the difference between the two different entities...her KK and Dev babu)...but has now realized that he will not listen to her...all this shouting did this and in one way good because telling Fruitcake is of no use...he won't believe it...so second option to tell badi bahu...and that also gets cancelled because she thinks that someone might harm badi bahu...what Phuljhari ...harm badi bahu in what way? Stop her from digging holes for herself to jump into? Even if someone tries to stop her she will still say...Nooo. I wanna dig a hole...I wanna dig a hole...I wanna jump in the hole... Phuljhari leave her alone... 

Comment-

I liked this thinking of Radhika...She went through the points one by one'...saw the cons and then based on her intuition made her decision...was very calm about it, in spite of being shocked that the man who has not spoken for12 years is speaking now. Infact I also liked the way dadaji speaking to Radhika was shown...not some sudden miracle...but because he can talk but chose not to and because the injection was not given on time and also because in Radhika he guessed that he has found a person whom he can trust...Now Radhika wants to go and meet dadaji again...and badi bahu doesn't want her to do that...but badi bahu does not know Radhika...when she decides on something she will do it'... 

Radhika walks to dadajis room and finds fruitcake there who gets angry (nothing new) to see her standing there smiling at him and she tells him that she is here for dadaji and he throws a fit and throws her out of the room...pssst Fruitcake...however much you want to be dadajis favourite...today dadaji shed that you are not..he told a secret to Radhika and not to you...so there...go and suck your humb...then he hurts his hand...

Comment-

Interesting dialogues here...That for the past 12 years he has been sitting with dadaji after the medication and he will not allow anyone take that away from him...and that what will she do sitting here...tell dadaji her sob story about her childhood marriage...and she has already made Rohan mad and to leave dadaji alone and shouts at her but his expression changes...softens a bit and tells her to leave and eve drags her out of the room...and that is it also a dirty ploy of getting close to him...he meant feign sympathy for dadaji to get close to him...and that she has been forced to become some other mans wife for this ...Dev is very possessive about his dadaji and does not like anyone coming between his dadaji and him...probably because dadaji had been his sole support and friend and he does not want to loose that. He has already seen Rohan softening towards Radhika and not caring about his mothers wishes but trying to talk to Radhika whenever he can...and maybe in his eyes choosing Radhika over him...so does he not want the same thing to happen regarding dadaji?...In one way this explains his sacrificing Radhika for dadaji, when one has to chose between two relationships one usually chooses the realtioship which is the oldest  and closest...and here dadaji was not only the oldest but the source of security, whereas Radhika was trying to push him...so he was feeling insecure...Dadaji is safe while Radhika is not...and he also wants to maintain a good image in front of dadaji and fears that if dadaji gets to know the truth then that might be damaged...nothing wrong here...but strange turn of events that although dadaji might be the person whom he admires but it will be Radhika who will know the real Dev and his insecurities...dadaji most probably knows the good boy Dev image that Dev has been maintaining while Radhika will know the real Dev...then his charge regarding using dadaji has a ploy to get close to him...is he furious with Radhika regarding coming in as the false wife to get close to him and putting him in this situation? (I am only speaking of Dev's POV, I know Radhika has her reasons and I am keeping them aside) ..He might also be angry that others are thinking Radhika to be Rohans wife and not his...If so then Radhika needs to hear this because she has to realize that telling him that if he Rohan and dadaji  become alright then will he accept her was not the right thing to do...she wanted to get close to him by showing that she is ready to do anything for him but the opposite has happened here..So if Devs statement makes her realize that one has to do what one can as ones duty and not attach one to the results...if Dev's statement can make her realize that once trust is lost it is difficult to gain (Radhika has told him that she will not go after him but he does not believe that, I am getting a feeling that she might have lost his trust when she took the unilateral decision to come in as the false wife...so he might love her but does not trust her)...that just barging ahead and not thinking of the consequences might not always be right...then Dev will be her true soulmate...one who makes her rise above herself...He is also feeling guilty that Radhika had to say that she is some one elses wife... When he closes the door he breaks down...(Here I thought that maybe he accepts loves Radhika but pushing her away...but he can also break down because he is being pulled apart)

Phuljhari runs to her room crying...and fruitcake in his room and his alter ego or heart/subconscious self  comes out...who mocks him...that if he believes that Phuljhari is responsible for all this ...and if he hates her then why is he so disturbed and why did he hurt his hand? And finally Fruitcake accepts that he loves Phuljhari ...

Comment-

So his subconscious and conscious self became one and accepted the truth...his subconscious always knew it and that why his conscious self was fighting it and was getting angry ...because the  conscious self did not want to accept the truth (then he did not feign anger to push her away?... but the anger was for being pulled apart and hence lashing out at Radhika)...he was getting angry at Radhika  for pushing him to realize this fact..today he accepted that he loved her, wonder when will he realize that he also has a part to play in this fiasco...I mean in the fire accident...because that will be his first step in self realization...If he can realize that what he has been taught since childhood might not be true...that it is not ok to sacrifice another human being so that he can fulfill his obligations...and start questioning his beliefs and face upto the truth..then for me will be the birth of Dev Raj Purohit and Radhika will be his soulmate...one who forced him to step out of his boundaries and fight himself to become a better human being.

So on the whole  a very interesting and very good episode...the layers in Dev brought out today. All the actors were good, both Rubina and Avinash were very good but Avinash takes the cake today.For me the most touching scene was after Dev throws her out of the room, Radhika stands outside with a dazed expression...as if not believing what has happened...  

Good work chunnu munnu...
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v3gradev09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Haaa! :) Your Gr8. Loved reading it!
JustShanta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All the actors were good, both Rubina and Avinash were very good but Avinash takes the ''cake'' today

i so like that line i gotta repeat
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: v3gradev09

Haaa! :) Your Gr8. Loved reading it!

Thank you v3gradev09...glad that you liked it...
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: JustShanta

All the actors were good, both Rubina and Avinash were very good but Avinash takes the ''cake'' today

i so like that line i gotta repeat

Shanta but I do like his characterisation and I feel sad for Dev...Dev might be rough on the outside, angry and shouting at Radhika but thats just his anger and frustrations...inside he is a different person whom only Radhika will know and understand and bring out...Radhika is the stronger one and the more mature one here. Angie gave the name fruitcake because ...fruit in hindi is phal...which also means result. ...this is to link with the saying that one should do stuff without being attached to the result...Radhika was doing all this to get Dev...so Dev is the result...hence phal...and thus fruit...and cake because he has been baked in the purohit bhavan for so many years. 
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,  I am going to write on your comments later as I have to view the show properly.  I quickly skimmed it.  But the last scene was very good.  Dev is possessive about his Dadaji and doesn't want to take away his sole time.  Kabutarni controls Dadaji's time and doesn't allow to get close to him.  That's why it is very illogical that neither Padma nor Amba got suspicious in 12 years.  So Dev cherishes this time and also Dadaji is the most important thing for him.  He again got so angry because Maheswari again reminded him that Dadaji's dreams got broken.

He was extremely cruel to Radhika.  Even though Radhika had been hurt before by him, but today he reached the limit with her.  Her dazed look indicated that she never expected Dev to behave like this despite his anger with her.  Will it make her step away completely (not even giving him aarti and doing vrats).  I hope she does because any human being would do that.  Also she has a mission now and that can help her keep her away from him for now.

Even though many people maybe happy with Dev's confession, but like you Misti, this is not a self-realization.  So far he just admitted to loving her and not being able to hate her.  It is a good start as now may be the time to start questioning his actions.  He is still blaming Radhika for everything and is actually admitting that he loves her despite her mistakes.  He still has not come to terms with his own actions.  Again I hope they show that before anything else can happen.  I don't want him to get out of the blame mode when he realizes that Dadaji is cured or Rohan is cured.  It should be prior to that on his own (maybe due to Radhika's actions).

Finally,  I am liking this alter ego mocking Dev.  Thinking of bringing in his mocking smart-alec twin in one of the spoof scenarios (MahaDev) who would become best friends with Radhika and be giving back to Padma, Dev, Maheswari and Viraath.  Also,  Radhika would trust him more than Dev and they would be talking late in the nights and going out for fun and golgappas.    So Radhika would be calling MahaDev "MahaDev Babu", but he would insist that as a friend she calls him "MahaDev".  So she would be using "tum" and "MahaDev" for him.  On the other hand, she would stop addressing Dev as "Dev babu" too because she is staying away from him for all the hurt he has caused her.
rajsri thumbnail
Wonderful thoughts Misti ... you brought out Dev's worries, his insecurities beautifully  ... also the nuances of the Dev/DDG relationship and Rads thoughts

so chunnu munnu can do a very good job if they put their mind to it ... they can give us emotionally charged scenes 👏

loved the episode ... watched the last part starting with when rads enters DDG's room a couple of times  😉

you have covered it all  ... am just reiterating a few things
-  loved the fact that a few layers of dev's character were peeled today
-  avinash was excellent today ... this is a better role for him than to be smiling sweetly all the time ... and so was rubina ..
-  i am possibly in the minority ... but i really like dev's characterization ... in CB1 dev was perfect but that would have been boring again  ... here, there are so many layers and facets to his personality ... for him to go from where he is now to where he should be to be RP is a long way ... and it will be a very interesting journey to see how Rads gets him there
-  what i got from dev's outburst was that he did  trivialize what he felt for rads initially ... he placed dadaji's well being above what he felt for rads and wanted her to come to be rohan's wife in order to make DDG okay  .. today,  liked the fact that he acknowledged that he still loved her in spite of all her faults as he sees them ...  
-  liked what you pointed out abt dev being possessive about DDG
-  the next step in his growth would be for him to realize what his role in the whole mess is
-  Rads will possibly question now as to whether dev will ever accept her even if Rohan and DDG get better, as she rightfully should  ... she may decide to stay on help DDG and not for dev
-  the dynamics will become interesting between rohan, dev and rads with dev's realization as that he still loves rads ... and with rads possibly pulling back and not trying to reach out to dev
-  btw ... liked rads thought process as she worked through why she needed to talk to DDG again ... also liked mohini/virat  convo

Edited by rajsri - 12 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why6

Misti,  I am going to write on your comments later as I have to view the show properly.  I quickly skimmed it.

Ok...take your time  

But the last scene was very good.  Dev is possessive about his Dadaji and doesn't want to take away his sole time.  Kabutarni controls Dadaji's time and doesn't allow to get close to him.  That's why it is very illogical that neither Padma nor Amba got suspicious in 12 years.  So Dev cherishes this time and also Dadaji is the most important thing for him.  He again got so angry because Maheswari again reminded him that Dadaji's dreams got broken.
Yes and I don't know whether dadaji just means badi bahu as the evil force or is there someone who is much more eviler and shrewder than her...who is just waiting and watching.
He was extremely cruel to Radhika.  Even though Radhika had been hurt before by him, but today he reached the limit with her.  Her dazed look indicated that she never expected Dev to behave like this despite his anger with her.  Will it make her step away completely (not even giving him aarti and doing vrats).  I hope she does because any human being would do that.  Also she has a mission now and that can help her keep her away from him for now.
He was horrible with her...he has got a lot of misplaced anger and since Radhika is not saying anything he is dumping them all on her. Hopefully Radhika should again in her own way show him that he has crossed his boundaries...he knows that he lost the challenge thrown at him by Radhika...he also might have reaqlised that he helped her by breaking her fast (going against himself) and then BB's sob story...Radhika serenly smiling at him...all might have combined to bring this reaction from him.She should back of completely from him and just do her stuff. 

Even though many people maybe happy with Dev's confession, but like you Misti, this is not a self-realization.  So far he just admitted to loving her and not being able to hate her.  It is a good start as now may be the time to start questioning his actions.  He is still blaming Radhika for everything and is actually admitting that he loves her despite her mistakes.  He still has not come to terms with his own actions.  Again I hope they show that before anything else can happen.  I don't want him to get out of the blame mode when he realizes that Dadaji is cured or Rohan is cured.  It should be prior to that on his own (maybe due to Radhika's actions).
Angie he is far away from self realisation...to me today chunnu munnu managed to peel some layers of his characterisation and he accepted that he loves Radhika...acceptance of his actions might come later and like you I also hope that realisation comes to him by himslelf and is not prompted by someone else's actions or words...because that will not be fair to Radhika and it will also not be fair to him.. 
Finally,  I am liking this alter ego mocking Dev.  Thinking of bringing in his mocking smart-alec twin in one of the spoof scenarios (MahaDev) who would become best friends with Radhika and be giving back to Padma, Dev, Maheswari and Viraath.  Also,  Radhika would trust him more than Dev and they would be talking late in the nights and going out for fun and golgappas.    So Radhika would be calling MahaDev "MahaDev Babu", but he would insist that as a friend she calls him "MahaDev".  So she would be using "tum" and "MahaDev" for him.  On the other hand, she would stop addressing Dev as "Dev babu" too because she is staying away from him for all the hurt he has caused her.
😆😆😆 Is he going to be in the scene that you are writing.😃😛

JustShanta thumbnail
Originally posted by: misti73

Shanta but I do like his characterisation and I feel sad for Dev...Dev might be rough on the outside, angry and shouting at Radhika but thats just his anger and frustrations...inside he is a different person whom only Radhika will know and understand and bring out...Radhika is the stronger one and the more mature one here. Angie gave the name fruitcake because ...fruit in hindi is phal...which also means result. ...this is to link with the saying that one should do stuff without being attached to the result...Radhika was doing all this to get Dev...so Dev is the result...hence phal...and thus fruit...and cake because he has been baked in the purohit bhavan for so many years. 

Yes, Mishti read your reply to Neerja,  i do know of underlined explanation .
 i took  fruitcake to mean''eccentric'' as is Dev's behaviour to Radh

thanks MISHTI 
  •  

ChinadollTwo thumbnail
    Musti - Your CM did great today 👍🏼   TRPs will definately go up and the show is becoming intriguing...

Viraat's laying the foundation of his "Hawa Mahal" 😃 and Bolo bhalla huffing and puffing with jealousy, will blow the "hawa mahal" off it's foundation    😔   😔

Maheshwari "digging her hole" reminds me of a dog digging a hole quickly, and getting buried in the process   😃 She better dig a bigger hole for herself and viraat.

I loved Fruitcake today and I hope he gets a big dose of Jealousy sooon! Can't wait for the "Tom, Jerry and Dennis the
    Menace" show to begin   😍