India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

IQ? (Page 5)

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
I don't think IQ relates to your educational background any which way. Founders of all the big shot companies are college drop outs. Ambidextrous and multitasking aptitude gets cultivated based on your approach towards problem solving and your gradual experince in life, its all about how your mind reflux in given stream..

for instance, my IQ level might be zero in Biological science but I am quite good in sequential processing and mathematical reasoning.

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by .Doe.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Developmental disabilities are not always 'cured' per say. It is rather 'controlled', 'managed' or 'channeled' better. Not all developmentally disabled lack  intellect or cognitive skills. People with certain types autism have exceptionally high IQs. Other developmentally challenged exhibit unusual mathematical or musical gifts. I think we tend to mistake lack of social cognitive or motor cognitive skills as lacking because we perceive them as the norm.

There, I was talking about mentally retarded people with an IQ of below 70.

I'm American. We are not allowed to call anyone retarded. Tongue

Haha, is it so? I didn't know.
-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:00am | IP Logged

In many cases, you don't find all conditions being the same. Smile

As for the 2nd argument, there are few things which cannot be changed. 

Actually thats how most things are proven scientifically...ceteris paribus LOL...You need a controlled environment to establish a link between the cause and effect else you will never be able to discern what was causing the true effect! While we all know that its a mix of events that cause reactions- it is always enlightening to know what is the key driver, nonetheless!
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -pixie-

In many cases, you don't find all conditions being the same. Smile

As for the 2nd argument, there are few things which cannot be changed. 

Actually thats how most things are proven scientifically...ceteris paribus LOL...You need a controlled environment to establish a link between the cause and effect else you will never be able to discern what was causing the true effect! While we all know that its a mix of events that cause reactions- it is always enlightening to know what is the key driver, nonetheless!

Given. Prove to me how money does buy you an ability. It can only buy you the opportunity to improve your ability. The ability, however, has to be inborn. 

P.S: I am sorry for using the wrong word before..that is, capability. I got confused. LOL

Edited by .Doe. - 25 May 2011 at 1:59am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-pixie-

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged
I am no researcher...and if you wish to do go through the blog I mentioned...where they have used data from the US to establish the point

Like I said Money can never overcome innate ability but it can always polish and hone it that over a period of time it will look superior to the others..you and I are just going round and round in circles nowLOL
-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
The pessimist says that a 12 ounce glass containing 6 ounces of drink is half empty,  the optimist calls it half full. I can't say what I think the pessimist could say about research and practice in special education at this point, but I think the optimist could say that we have a wonderful opportunity to start all over!

There is no absolute measure of intelligence, just as there is no true gauge of honesty! :)

ps... worth the attempt... http://cbstrials.com/Open/Default.aspx?B_ID=279

Edited by night13 - 25 May 2011 at 5:29am
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged

Money can buy opportunities, not capabilities. LOL-& Money can buy capable machines/peoples to handle his/her incapabilities ...Smile

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Money can buy opportunities, not capabilities. LOL-& Money can buy capable machines/peoples to handle his/her incapabilities ...Smile

And that is an opportunity or a way to improve a person's capabilities. 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index