Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Freida Pinto Spotted at the France Airport (Page 6)

Dexterkichokri IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 18 February 2007
Posts: 9950

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaNuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Joined: 11 December 2009
Posts: 3097

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
I am very happy for Freida.. i think its refreshing to see an Indian girl in mainstream holly... like russell peters says we only see brown people in calling card ads.. or playing some minisule roles as scientists.. or docs.. or when there are talks about outsourcing or call centers.. lol.. so it would be so cool if freida could make it big.. one of the reasons i watch bolly.. is coz its nice to see brown people in movies.. its good to see one of your kind in movies.. haha 

Edited by ladygaga - 23 May 2011 at 8:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenkoolchick

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Joined: 24 October 2010
Posts: 2371

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterphile

@Versace: If you say so, but the only posts of yours I read here are those that credit all of Frieda's popularity to SDM. Which isn't exactly right and thats what I was refuting. So I don't understand why you'd say that was what you were getting at too. That's not the implication I got from your posts and obviously neither did the others, hence the argument. Anyway maybe I'm under the wrong impression here. To answer your question, you can call her overrated all you want. Nobody is arguing for or against that right of yours. I find Aishwarya extremely overrated too but I'd be the last person crediting all her success to her beauty queen status, modeling career and Salman's initial push. I don't believe in the sowing seed. Our consequences spring out from every curve we hit not just the initial phase of the drive. 

I am not sure what you or others made of my posts but just to clarify, I am not discrediting Freida of her work beyond her movies. But then again I don't care which magazine is featuring her next month or to which award function she is showing up next. Because to tell you frankly, I am not interested in her off screen activities, her charming personality or the perks that she accrues from it. I am mostly interested in her body of work - and that does not say much. Her performance in SDM or any other movies she has done after that don't suffice to turn her into a star. She has yet to establish herself as an actress in the true sense of the termThat is why I can't wrap my head around the pedestal treatment she receives.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TintinleMechantDexterkichokri

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Joined: 24 October 2010
Posts: 2371

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

I am very happy for Freida.. i think its refreshing to see an Indian girl in mainstream holly... like russell peters says we only see brown people in calling card ads.. or playing some minisule roles as scientists.. or docs.. or when there are talks about outsourcing or call centers.. lol.. so it would be so cool if freida could make it big.. one of the reasons i watch bolly.. is coz its nice to see brown people in movies.. its good to see one of your kind in movies.. haha 

That's the sentiment most of the Indians harbor. It sure feels good to see one of your kind making it big in a foreign land. And I have absolutely nothing against desis feeling that way. In fact, I can identify with it. I just wish she was in the limelight for her work (and good ones at that) instead of ads, interviews, red carpet appearances, photo shoots, etc. that though induced by a very mediocre piece of work. 
robfanatic Groupbie
robfanatic
robfanatic

Joined: 02 July 2010
Posts: 120

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

Originally posted by robfanatic


esp in freida's case its only indians(like versace) who are desparately trying to put her down.


<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Since when is criticizing someone equivalent to putting them down? If all you wanted was people to stream into this thread fanning Frieda's "achievements," you</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">are better off in one of those fan clubs, not here.</font>

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">And who says that only Indians find her overrated? I have a whole lot of white friends who loved SDM but don't find Frieda all that. So there.</font>

sorry i don't believe you.There many be few westerners who might dislike her.But definetely not like in india where almost majority of the ppl hate her.
v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Joined: 24 October 2010
Posts: 2371

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by robfanatic

Originally posted by _VERSACE_

Originally posted by robfanatic


esp in freida's case its only indians(like versace) who are desparately trying to put her down.


<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Since when is criticizing someone equivalent to putting them down? If all you wanted was people to stream into this thread fanning Frieda's "achievements," you</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">are better off in one of those fan clubs, not here.</font>

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">And who says that only Indians find her overrated? I have a whole lot of white friends who loved SDM but don't find Frieda all that. So there.</font>

sorry i don't believe you.There many be few westerners who might dislike her.But definetely not like in india where almost majority of the ppl hate her.

How do you know that majority of the people in India hate her? 
robfanatic Groupbie
robfanatic
robfanatic

Joined: 02 July 2010
Posts: 120

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

Originally posted by Dexterphile

Versace: You can't always blame all the consequences of an action on that specific action alone. Lot of factors are involved in what shapes up a person's career. If Freida had not played her cards right and had rejected every offer to be on red carpet and talk show interviews, she would not be around.You crediting Frieda's success to SDM alone is akin to someone crediting a student's success to only the professors' recommendation. A lot of factors are involved in getting into a good school/program etc, your professor's recommendation alone did not get you into the medical school, your grades, your MCAT scores, your medical experience all of that count. Likewise, if Freida did not have that X factor, she would be long gone despite SDM's success.


Likewise, I have a problem with people who credit Kareena's success to her Kapoor tag, Aishwarya's to her beauty queen title etc. We all get an initial boost somewhere, that definitely does not mean we owe all our success and failure to that start point alone.






<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">If you go over my earlier posts, that's kind of sort of what I am getting at too. If Frieda hasn't fizzled out, it's because she is playing her cards right. Her staying power in hollywood is a result of her appearances at red carpets, ads, interviews, etc. and not because of her acting in SDM. I agree that she's got something for still going strong, but f</font><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">or someone who doesn't care much about these celebrities beyond their movies, it only makes sense that I term her overrated, don't you think?</font>
Last year freida attended lesser red carpet than ash and sonam.Even that few film festivals she attented was all for her film promotion(woody allen film,Miral).This year she will have 3 big film release(Rise of the apes prequel with James franco,Immortals 3D with henry cavill and Black Gold with Banderas).so all ur comments about how she is not doing new films is not right
v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Joined: 24 October 2010
Posts: 2371

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by robfanatic

Originally posted by _VERSACE_

Originally posted by Dexterphile

Versace: You can't always blame all the consequences of an action on that specific action alone. Lot of factors are involved in what shapes up a person's career. If Freida had not played her cards right and had rejected every offer to be on red carpet and talk show interviews, she would not be around.You crediting Frieda's success to SDM alone is akin to someone crediting a student's success to only the professors' recommendation. A lot of factors are involved in getting into a good school/program etc, your professor's recommendation alone did not get you into the medical school, your grades, your MCAT scores, your medical experience all of that count. Likewise, if Freida did not have that X factor, she would be long gone despite SDM's success.


Likewise, I have a problem with people who credit Kareena's success to her Kapoor tag, Aishwarya's to her beauty queen title etc. We all get an initial boost somewhere, that definitely does not mean we owe all our success and failure to that start point alone.






<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">If you go over my earlier posts, that's kind of sort of what I am getting at too. If Frieda hasn't fizzled out, it's because she is playing her cards right. Her staying power in hollywood is a result of her appearances at red carpets, ads, interviews, etc. and not because of her acting in SDM. I agree that she's got something for still going strong, but f</font><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">or someone who doesn't care much about these celebrities beyond their movies, it only makes sense that I term her overrated, don't you think?</font>
Last year freida attended lesser red carpet than ash and sonam.Even that few film festivals she attented was all for her film promotion(woody allen film,Miral).This year she will have 3 big film release(Rise of the apes prequel with James franco,Immortals 3D with henry cavill and Black Gold with Banderas).so all ur comments about how she is not doing new films is not right

I know about those movies. They are still in progress, not completed. I will mold my opinion on her once they come out depending on her performance there. As of now, she belongs to the overrated territory to me and that's that. Now leave me alone.LOL Geez, you are not planning on converting me me into a Freida fan, are you?LOL

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Paris Ile De France: a new frontier

Author: salonishah   Replies: 1   Views: 344

salonishah 1 344 24 January 2008 at 2:39am by wezyus
Srk's Wax Statue will Soon be in France

Author: Fashion_2005   Replies: 0   Views: 351

Fashion_2005 0 351 05 August 2007 at 12:02am by Fashion_2005
Srk in France

Author: Fashion_2005   Replies: 1   Views: 420

Fashion_2005 1 420 25 June 2007 at 6:37pm by Fashion_2005
SRK gets France's top culture award!

2

Author: qazplm   Replies: 11   Views: 791

qazplm 11 791 15 June 2007 at 10:45am by Khaya

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index