Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Freida Pinto Spotted at the France Airport (Page 11)

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:51am | IP Logged
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Would just like to clarify a couple of things before I am done. Inlined below in blue.

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

Originally posted by _VERSACE_

Now you are hung up on my usage of "hung up on".LOL Just kidding. I wasn't even using it in a pejorative manner, it's just a turn of phrase that comes naturally to me when I want to call someone out on their persistent outlook on something. There. Better?
And please, I wasn't trying to employ Physics into the discussion. Only God knows how much I curse that thing called Physics everyday.LOL Theory of relativity can be employed in a regular conversation too without treading into Physics and Newton's laws of motion. Since I noticed that you tend to look at the whole shebang as opposed to me who looks at one thing at a time, I brought up the theory of relativity to put our differences into perspective. For God's sake, how does that warrant such a caustic reaction from you?

LOLLOLLOL  i was hardly 'caustic' in my remarks... and isn't it exactly what you're saying now... i just put it in simpler words...!   WinkTongueTongue   perhaps, you should consider your own comments, instead of lecturing others of being 'caustic' and all that jazz...!

looking at one thing at a time... isn't that exactly how the flowchart works... how do you expect to reach the conclusion, if you don't consider all the points...!   TongueTongue

in any case... just as you brought in theory of relativity to put our differences into perspective (though, why that was needed, i don't get...)... since, i don't come here to tell people whether they wake up on the wrong side of bed, or how they view the world... but if you dish it out, be prepared to take it in as well, instead of complaining...!   TongueTongueTongue

Quote me where I said that SDM is the ONLY movie she's done so far? If you go over my posts with a cool head, you will see that the overall point I'm trying doggone hard to make since the past few days is that Freida's work, considering it alone, does not warrant the amount of hype she gets. And that is strictly my opinion. If you believe that her body of work does deserve the hype, that is absolutely fine with me. Just don't expect me to appreciate or agree with it.

why don't you check your own comments on the very first page...!   TongueTongue   your opinion seems to have changed, then looking at the overall picture... you think she's overrated still, and that's fine... isn't everyone...?  WinkTongueTongue

Is that your perception of desis living in the west? That they are hardly happy to see other desis succeed? Not that this has anything to do with the topic and I hate to be disagreeableTongue, but I think that depends on what kind of desis you been hanging out with. Perhaps I have been hanging out with the right ones, hence I don't think so lowly of them. 
Anyways, coming back to the point, perhaps you got the impression that I am not happy to see Freida's success. But that couldn't be further from the truth. We both agree with the end, i.e. Freida's success. It's the means that I have a problem with. How hard is that to comprehend? Sheesh!

lowly...?  LOLLOL  no, i don't hang out with such desis, not that it's any of your business...!  TongueTongue  look at any job field, you'll see similar trends... and it's not ALL, it's the majority... there are exceptions everywhere... world is not black and white you know... perhaps, you are too young right now to have experienced such things, but it does not matter...

nah... i am not under any impression, and i don't form conclusions of other people's life based on their comments... seems like that is your hobby, but i assure you, it hardly interests me...

and as i have said it earlier, i really do not care what you have problems with... world is not out there to appease each and everyone... there's no magic science behind that either, that you can't comprehend, and continue to repeat points, by becoming more and more personal...!  Tongue 

yup, lowly. I mean, if you say that desis are jealous of the progress of their own kinds, it means that you hold a low opinion on them, innit? Unless you consider that a high opinion.LOLComing to what kind of desis you hang out with, I was not tryna intrude into your personal business or anything. It was just an attempt at tryna know where you opinion is stemming from. It could either be coming from a personal experience or just plain observation, innit? Either way, I apologize if my inference came out as a personal attack.
And just to clear up another thing, I didn't jump into the discussion to tell you how you view the world, you know. Not THAT interested in the inner workings of people's minds now. I only brought it up to contextualize the reason you don't find Freida overrated while I do - it was very much relevant to the topic of discussion. You ask why I felt the need to do so, well, my answer would be to make sense of both sides of the argument.
Hopefully things are clear now.

Not that this has anything to do with my point but just to touch on that bit about Kat/Deep/Sonam, they are popular because badnaami mein bhi "naam" chupi hoti hai. As long as people either love or hate them and not ignore them, they will continue to grow popular.

exactly... and that is something that i always say... TongueTongue

hum taalib-e-shuhrat hain, humen nang se kya kaam
badnaam agar hon ge, to kya naam na ho ga...!  WinkTongue

that's by Ghalib, btw...!   Wink

That's a great couplet. Feels good to be on the same page with you for a change.Wink

p.s.  if you have issues with the response of certain people, you can always report those comments... you certainly do not need to redirect them towards me... just because some people might be okay with them, i certainly am not...!   Tongue   it's kinda amusing to me... on one hand, you find comments which suggest you're making 'nasty, etc.' comments out of line (which i have to agree with), but on the other hand, you also make personal comments, which are also out of line... espcially comments about other people's personality (not only in this topic but others as well)... in any case... just something i noticed... but hey, whatever floats your boat...!  WinkTongueTongue

LOL omg, are you for real?!!!!...I can't believe that you're holding my exchanges with Billa against me. Here I am only messing around with him and he knows that too, but you seem to have taken it a great deal farther. 
And I would have reported robfanatic's post but I've got a temper too. I won't deny that I lost my cool there.

All that said, I don't see the point of running in circles here. I find Freida overrated but you don't. That's that. Have a good day.

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Okay guys, just tell me one thing-

how on earth do you have the patience to write such long essays? Serious question.

LOL Aadat se majboor. 
v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Okay guys, just tell me one thing-

how on earth do you have the patience to write such long essays? Serious question.

LOLLOLLOL   do you blame me...?  Wink

Ya, sure. I have been taking the fall for so many things. Ek aur hi sahi...LOL
v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

I really find Freida very intriguing and she is such a brilliant model, she always blows me away with her photoshooots. However, I feel she is not expressive as an actor (saw trailers for some Woody Allen movie I think). For me, she is the international version of Sonam Kapoor. Let's see if she does a better job in her future movies. 

Why do I feel that you put up that line in bold only to soften the blow? LOL Anyways, I wholeheartedly agree with your description of hers. International version of Sonam Kapoor pretty much sums up my take on Freida.

Edited by _VERSACE_ - 26 May 2011 at 3:02am
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:38am | IP Logged
kiddo, i never said i do not find her to be overrated or underrated... TongueTongue  so let's not put words into my mouth...

as for other matters... if you say so...!  

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged

kiddo, i never said i do not find her to be overrated or underrated... TongueTongue  so let's not put words into my mouth...

I put words into your mouth? In that case, feel free to spit it out.LOL

Just out of curiosity, how old do you think i am?LOL
CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

I put words into your mouth? In that case, feel free to spit it out.LOL

Just out of curiosity, how old do you think i am?LOL

as far as i recall, i did not rate anyone in this topic... TongueTongueTongue  

curious, eh... well, language of all eras differ, you know... you really shouldn't continue to give me hints... TongueTongue

Go to top