Freida Pinto Spotted at the France Airport - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
I am very happy for Freida.. i think its refreshing to see an Indian girl in mainstream holly... like russell peters says we only see brown people in calling card ads.. or playing some minisule roles as scientists.. or docs.. or when there are talks about outsourcing or call centers.. lol.. so it would be so cool if freida could make it big.. one of the reasons i watch bolly.. is coz its nice to see brown people in movies.. its good to see one of your kind in movies.. haha Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Dexterphile

@Versace: If you say so, but the only posts of yours I read here are those that credit all of Frieda's popularity to SDM. Which isn't exactly right and thats what I was refuting. So I don't understand why you'd say that was what you were getting at too. That's not the implication I got from your posts and obviously neither did the others, hence the argument. Anyway maybe I'm under the wrong impression here. To answer your question, you can call her overrated all you want. Nobody is arguing for or against that right of yours. I find Aishwarya extremely overrated too but I'd be the last person crediting all her success to her beauty queen status, modeling career and Salman's initial push. I don't believe in the sowing seed. Our consequences spring out from every curve we hit not just the initial phase of the drive. 

I am not sure what you or others made of my posts but just to clarify, I am not discrediting Freida of her work beyond her movies. But then again I don't care which magazine is featuring her next month or to which award function she is showing up next. Because to tell you frankly, I am not interested in her off screen activities, her charming personality or the perks that she accrues from it. I am mostly interested in her body of work - and that does not say much. Her performance in SDM or any other movies she has done after that don't suffice to turn her into a star. She has yet to establish herself as an actress in the true sense of the termThat is why I can't wrap my head around the pedestal treatment she receives.
Originally posted by ladygaga

I am very happy for Freida.. i think its refreshing to see an Indian girl in mainstream holly... like russell peters says we only see brown people in calling card ads.. or playing some minisule roles as scientists.. or docs.. or when there are talks about outsourcing or call centers.. lol.. so it would be so cool if freida could make it big.. one of the reasons i watch bolly.. is coz its nice to see brown people in movies.. its good to see one of your kind in movies.. haha 

That's the sentiment most of the Indians harbor. It sure feels good to see one of your kind making it big in a foreign land. And I have absolutely nothing against desis feeling that way. In fact, I can identify with it. I just wish she was in the limelight for her work (and good ones at that) instead of ads, interviews, red carpet appearances, photo shoots, etc. that though induced by a very mediocre piece of work. 
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Since when is criticizing someone equivalent to putting them down? If all you wanted was people to stream into this thread fanning Frieda's "achievements," you</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">are better off in one of those fan clubs, not here.</font>

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">And who says that only Indians find her overrated? I have a whole lot of white friends who loved SDM but don't find Frieda all that. So there.</font>

sorry i don't believe you.There many be few westerners who might dislike her.But definetely not like in india where almost majority of the ppl hate her.
Originally posted by robfanatic

sorry i don't believe you.There many be few westerners who might dislike her.But definetely not like in india where almost majority of the ppl hate her.

How do you know that majority of the people in India hate her? 

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">If you go over my earlier posts, that's kind of sort of what I am getting at too. If Frieda hasn't fizzled out, it's because she is playing her cards right. Her staying power in hollywood is a result of her appearances at red carpets, ads, interviews, etc. and not because of her acting in SDM. I agree that she's got something for still going strong, but f</font><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">or someone who doesn't care much about these celebrities beyond their movies, it only makes sense that I term her overrated, don't you think?</font>
Last year freida attended lesser red carpet than ash and sonam.Even that few film festivals she attented was all for her film promotion(woody allen film,Miral).This year she will have 3 big film release(Rise of the apes prequel with James franco,Immortals 3D with henry cavill and Black Gold with Banderas).so all ur comments about how she is not doing new films is not right
Originally posted by robfanatic

Last year freida attended lesser red carpet than ash and sonam.Even that few film festivals she attented was all for her film promotion(woody allen film,Miral).This year she will have 3 big film release(Rise of the apes prequel with James franco,Immortals 3D with henry cavill and Black Gold with Banderas).so all ur comments about how she is not doing new films is not right

I know about those movies. They are still in progress, not completed. I will mold my opinion on her once they come out depending on her performance there. As of now, she belongs to the overrated territory to me and that's that. Now leave me alone.😆 Geez, you are not planning on converting me me into a Freida fan, are you?😆

I would have agreed with your point versace, if not for the fact that in order to be a hotshot, in hollywood's criteria you don't exactly need stupendous acting skills. Why is Freida Pinto being singled out, when we have talentless people like Katie Price, Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, megan Fox, Kim Kadarshian etc. still surviving, and going strong when they have no commendable work to their names? They are doing whatever they can do to survive and milking the success and attention they have garnered ... every celeb does it.  These people seem to have their fair share of haters and lovers too. I don't understand why Freida is constantly scrutinized, She's not the best actress out there, and to be honest her performance in SDM was not ground breaking, but the girl has still made it to the top. All alone. So, props to her for that. She's doing well for herself, and I  can't find myself to be bitter over that, when so many other celebrities make it through and are treated like demi gods without having any talent whatsoever.

This coming from a non indian, I find Freida to be absolutely gorgeous. I don't know where all this 'westerners hate freida' thing is coming from. Some like her, and some are neutral when it comes to her, but i don't think there is any hating going on. Actually I think celebrities like Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry have started to receive a lot of flak these days. Go read the user comments on the daily mail. Absolutely hillarious.😆
I find it hillarious of how critical some parts of the bollywood industry is towards Freida 😆 sour grapes much. Edited by driftingaway - 12 years ago
Originally posted by driftingaway

I would have agreed with your point versace, if not for the fact that in order to be a hotshot, in hollywood's criteria you don't exactly need stupendous acting skills. Why is Freida Pinto being singled out, when we have talentless people like Katie Price, Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, megan Fox, Kim Kadarshian etc. still surviving, and going strong when they have no commendable work to their names? They are doing whatever they can do to survive and milking the success and attention they have garnered ... every celeb does it.  These people seem to have their fair share of haters and lovers too. I don't understand why Freida is constantly scrutinized, She's not the best actress out there, and to be honest her performance in SDM was not ground breaking, but the girl has still made it to the top. All alone. So, props to her for that. She's doing well for herself, and I  can't find myself to be bitter over that, when so many other celebrities make it through and are treated like demi gods without having any talent whatsoever.

This coming from a non indian, I find Freida to be absolutely gorgeous. I don't know where all this 'westerners hate freida' thing is coming from. Some like her, and some are neutral when it comes to her, but i don't think there is any hating going on. Actually I think celebrities like Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry have started to receive a lot of flak these days. Go read the user comments on the daily mail. Absolutely hillarious.😆
I find it hillarious of how critical some parts of the bollywood industry is towards Freida 😆 sour grapes much.

Bollywood industry being harsh on Frieda is understandable. They rejected her and now she is shining in hollywood, which bollywood dreams of becoming someday. It can't be anything but sour grapes. ðŸ˜†

Your post was an awesome read and did a well job of explaining my stand too. Thanks for understanding where I am coming from. I was not denying Freida her staying power. That belongs to her account fair and square. It's just that for someone who knows actors and actresses mostly through their movies, the hoopla that surrounds her is beyond reason. Boy, am I tired of repeating myself in a never ending loop. lol. 

Kim Kardashian...just the name is more than enough to crack me up. ðŸ˜†I agree that hollywood is full of overrated prats too. I wasn't particularly picking on Freida here. That's my take on pretty much every hollywood actor and actress who make it through sidejobs instead of real work. No wonder they say I come across as a cynical freak.😆

Anyways, later.

Oh absolutely. I don't jump into discussions to convince the other party that I'm right and they're wrong. It would be ridiculous on my part to expect someone to change the way they think by merely sharing a few thoughts in an online forum. I am definitely not looking for converts here. In fact, it's the difference in our opinions that stimulate the discussions here.

Apparently, your approach is starkly different from mine and I can accept as well as tolerate the difference.  But you are casting aspersions on my way of looking at things by saying that I look at the world through a bubble. I can give your viewpoint a name too if I wanted to but I won't because I understand that each person has his own personal perspective and choice and there's no right or wrong way of looking at things. 

yes, our approaches are obviously different... and my purpose is not to 'convince' or 'convert' others either, but merely address some of the questions/points raised earlier... and if you don't like it, then i suggest you shouldn't tell people either what they are supposedly 'hung on on'!  😛 instead of answering or directing your comment towards my comment, you go into physics, then it's only fair i point out Newton's third law... i'm sure you know what that is...!   😛😛

Since I don't keep tabs on Frieda's life, I wouldn't know what is still keeping her career intact. What I know of her work so far is her appearance in SDM which I found pretty average. It opened the doors to hollywood for her, which is understandable. But it's about time she gave something new to people to talk about. To people who don't care about celebrities beyond their movies. But yes, you're right, I do believe that Freida must be doing all the right things at the right places to still be on the limelight without contributing much in terms of acting. So it's not that I am denying her credit where it's due. 
Also, ideally speaking, if you've taken up acting as your career, your acting is supposed to prompt that hype, not something else. Of course, that's not to say that I support other actors who draw attention without acting. Just that since we're talking about Freida here, it's her who gets put on the chopping block, not someone else. 

again, you're still talking about SDM... perhaps, a look at her filmography would help...!  just because she has not done mostly hindi movies, does not mean that SDM is the ONLY movie she has done... again, that was pointed out earlier...!   😛😛

if you do believe that, then that's fine... 

Oh, that was just an observation - the amount of flak Kat/Deep/Sonam receive here for their lack of acting skills. It wasn't directed at you in particular. 

mine was also an observation, which happens to be true for most part... and not just on the forum here, but also in truth... desi people for the most part, usually are hardly happy to see other desis succeed, especially in the west... 😛😛😛  kat/deepika/sonam may get a lot of flak on the forum, but their popularity says quite a lot in itself... don't you agree..?  😉