Dill Mill Gaye

TOI: I have a tendency to bulk up-Amit

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

BODY B A S I C S 
I have a natural tendency to bulk up 

says actor Amit Tandon,who has increased his cardio workout to combat this problem 

MY EXERCISE REGIME 

I religiously work out six to seven days a week.I do weight training.I work out for one and a half to two hours in the gym,out of which I spent one hour on the treadmill.I focus on a different body part each day,like legs,shoulders,chest and so on.Twice a week,I practice martial arts and American boxing.

MY PROBLEM AREAS 

I have a tendency to bulk up a lot.And so I have increased my cardio workout.I also do spinning.Honestly,I do not like to look too bulky and want my body to look proportionately balanced.I tend to put on weight easily and so I want to lower my weight,which fluctuates between 78 to 83 kgs.

MY STRENGTHS 

I have good will power,stamina,strength and Im very competitive.If I see someone doing heavy weights in the gym,I out do them by doing heavier weights than them.

MY DIET 

Im a Punjabi and so that automatically makes me a big foodie.Im a non-vegetarian and eat a lot of chicken and egg whites.I have protein shakes twice a day.I have a big sweet tooth.As a kid,I used to eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.And even now,I need to have at least one sandwich a day.Thats the only thing makes me cheat on my diet.

Fitness role model 

Salman Khan because he has a well-balanced physique and has maintained it for years.

Ideal celeb body (male) 

Hugh Jackmans body in Wolverine and Gerard Butlers body in 300.

Ideal celeb body (female) 

Kim Kardashian for obvious reasons! 

As told to Lisa Antao 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]