Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Kankshita,

Your favourite? Embarrassed Actually I am laughing, NOT at you but myself.  Have I become a one hit wonder?LOL Who never had a hit? Confused So is this more a cult following? Confused A following of one? LOL That doesn't even make a queue! Embarrassed

Regardless, you honour me, and I can not scoff without throwing dirt upon your kindness which I would never do even if unintentionally, so I most humbly accept this nomination for until you finally find that favourite that is worthy of your love.  In short, it will do for now. Embarrassed

Mar jaawaan
I loved that opening scene, the contrasting moods all meshing into one blurry haze, like waking up from a dream that might have been a nightmare, as that sinking feeling dissipates from your mind and yet lingers on in your heart.  I loved that rounded fade of the scene, normally against a rosy or golden tinted backdrop to signify a dream or fond memory but you excellently use black to throw us off tilt, preparing us for SG but not as we remember it. That first shot of the rose, the fight over it, as Gunjan fights against her feelings too, her fight against fighting for her red rose, her love.  You excellently selected that heart twisting, or as Temperance states heart crushing (for hearts are not bone and so do not break but can only be squeezed through excessive force, whether physical or emotional.) shot of Gunjan, excellently portrayed by Sanaya.  The paradox of the lyrics, mar jaawaan, as she silently, walks the halls like a ghost, her pain unnoticed by all.  Kankshita, JUST OUTSTANDING!  StarStarStarThen again excellent selection of that scene of Gunjan's @0:13 her haunting look, with a hint of long forgotten Arziyaan, timed and edited perfectly just after tere ishq pe...then colliding against as well as with that most subtle rue, mar jaawaan sung by the singer with that elongated yearn. Just stupendous.  StarStarStarThat moment suffuses through the rest, so that it permeates Gunjan's happiness @)0:17 - 18, her smile, so that even though we can not see her heart ache, we feel it through that smile.  That was just outstanding!  It is no small feat, to take a scene and layer upon it a new meaning, which I have seen the best of vm makers do, and the rest never or rarely.  Kankshita, excellently done. StarStarStarThen that crash of music, synchronized perfectly with their first crash! As the melody uplifts and you select and edit happier moments, but even the male singer's relatively joyful tone begins to falter, as the female singer's aura taints his tone @0:42, beautifully caught by you as you subtly change tone too, bringing in that motif of love forever lost, that never was given a chance, as she holds that yellow flower in her hand, sending us back to that pain of the opening scene and her desire for that red rose of love.  So that those past scenes of happiness now become tainted too by this melancholy. Kankshita, excellently done! StarStarStar I loved, just loved, that edited, choreographed scene from @0:43 to 0:47 against that lingering yearning line of the song, with no discernible lyrics, just the white noise of heart ache, that sounds so mellifluous to people who have known its state.  StarStarStar

Even if you believe your technical skills are still amateur (although I could not discern such, although I really am no professional judge) I must add that with all vms it is in the details that lies their greatness and this was fantastic.  Kankshita was beautiful, in every sense of the word, in every language and all connotations. It is like that hand made gift from your sister's kid, so crudely made but full of sincere love and thereby priceless and precious.  Just beautiful. 

Love the soon to be forgotten, forsaken, forlorn one hit wonder, SabahEmbarrassed

Edited by a little faith - 20 May 2011 at 11:02am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

You-Know-Whoepiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|Firecrackermachinery.Mixes| (Page 3)" in VideoMix forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Zeenat-

IF-Rockerz

-Zeenat-

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Congratulations for your own Gallery Kankshita!!! Really Nice job done wid both!!! But I like the SaJan one moree! And u have just strtd VM'ing?? Shocked
Anyways, Thnxx for the PM & Pls Update Soon!

a little faithepiphany.

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
I am yours

You know this is one of the most choreographed scenes from MN, in terms of re-choreographing, because people disliked the original music so much.  I personally did not mind it, as I did not mind the rewrites.  However yours stands out amongst them all, for your careful editing.

I loved the winsome song that you chose but I loved, just loved that opening shot of Mayank's, that irrepressible smile, as he learns the truth of his beloved; she likes him. Excellently done, Kankshita.StarStarStar Those guitar strings like Nupur's heart strings that he plays upon, tuning them to his own heart strings that are playing the melody inspired from her words to begin with. StarStarStar So those first words 'so you done, done, done me...' as he looks into her eyes, hoping she would spy the truth of these words.Star Then that flash, @0:12 as you turn towards Nupur's thoughts.  @0:14 'your so hot that I melt' edited perfectly to Mayank's smoulder.  Embarrassed I loved that choreograph from 0:18 to 0:22, that desperate look of Nupur's as she is lost in a daze of feelings that inhibit her usual ability to ease her way out of a tricky situation synchronized to 'I fell right through the cracks. Just superb! StarStarStarI loved that pull of Mayank's @0:22, against the lyric I tried to get BACK!'  Wondrous! Embarrassed That adorable excuse she proffers with 'I'm giving it my best' LOL excellent edit.

I liked that edit from 0:31, as the song falls briefly into a lull, and Mayank pauses, then choreographed brilliantly as the music picks up again, and Mayank pulls her in close.  LovelyStar

The end seemed a bit abrupt but by then I have already gained much, so I won't complain.

Love Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 20 May 2011 at 12:24pm

You-Know-Whoepiphany.

You-Know-Who

IF-Dazzler

You-Know-Who

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
K! Hug

I told you how good you were when you first showed me the SG VM. That is the only SG VM i watched and i ever will. (that is if you dont plan to make any more. Big smile) Tell you what honey, I loved the way you mixed the SG one. Its pretty. I find it rather difficult to like this couple, you know. But i really really loved the way you used the song to show Gunjan's story. And and i have no ideas about technicalities but uh, it looked real real good for a beginner!

Now coming to the MN one, i told you that the first time i watched it, i was just getting used to this version of the song. Mine meaning the one that i have is more spunky.

I am yours is my favourite favourite song, you know that right? And honestly, Mayank's feelings here in the dance match the song lyrics perfectly. I had that familiar feeling in my stomach when i watched this VM the second time...the look in his eyes and the song in the background. Day Dreaming Dont mind me going hormonal over it. Cool The one thing that appealed to me - more than everything else- was the way he twirls her and pulls her back in ''trying to get back''. And another thing i loved was the scene you chose for "i tried to be chill but you're so hot that i melted.''. It was video- perfect.

You are amazing for a two day old VMer! Approve

Keep it UP, honey.

And uh, thanks for the mention. A VM should tell a story, yes. And you weave it beautifully. :D And about the ps under the video. I already told you i loved it. More than you. :P

Love,
A!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Meehak.

IF-Sizzlerz

Meehak.

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Mayur vm r simply aweeesome Day Dreaming
Do make moree Smile

epiphany.

natashu

IF-Dazzler

natashu

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
reserved! =D

Congratulations hun <33

-Preeti-

IF-Veteran Member

-Preeti-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Hey Kanks
COngratulations for the Gallery and i loved ur 1st attempt too. They are very Cute
Great work sweetyHug

epiphany.

saniya.x

IF-Dazzler

saniya.x

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
WOW, you make vms too? Shocked and I must say, I really can't believe they're your first vms. Very  impressive, I liked SG one the most I thought the scenes that have been used in that vm was perfect. MN one was cute as wel!

Congratss sweetsss Hug hope to see loads more from you! Big smile

epiphany.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top