Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shewolf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: ..SheWolf..

Res..😳
you know what..seriously I've not read any update till now..so  going to read form the start..
so its gonna take sometime..

and after all my last active day on IF!😭

Aahh..my twinie//////..your such a Fab..writer re..
mwaah..😆

do continue soon..!!😊

I loved the story till now!! and plz continue😳
if you don't..aahh..then **SPAMMING**😈

shewolf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Anky..😡

I thought I'd get to read an update before I go to sleep..**tapping my feet..**

I want an update when I come online tomorrow..😳

hehe..actually take your time!😆

Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the likes - Deepi20,  Akshi0019,  N_NS,  katiehiwatari,  mangona,  pari_smart,  Rozy77,  Gals_11
 minahil1997mansim,  renuka1997,  ifrah.,  tanya.dsouza,  aamirkhanfan,  a little faith,  Sheherzade,  00123trishakarantakiar,  ozzy88,  radt,  KriYa_life,                                          
means a lot to me. 😳

~~CHAPTER 4~~

I sat on the edge of my hospital bed and tried to persuade myself I was still asleep. That was the best explanation for what I was hearing. I could also call it delusional, I preferred dreaming.

Panchi sat beside me, holding my hand. My eyes went to the nurses in the corridor. She followed my gaze, got up and closed the door. I saw her, and pictured mom instead. I was again six years old, huddled on the bed, crying for my mother.

I rubbed my hands over the covers, my skin was dry. The room was boiling, so much so that it made it hard for me to breathe. Panchi handed me water and I wrapped my hands around the cool glass.

''A group home.'' I said.

''Pia.'' She sighed. ''Do you know how many times I've had to tell a patient he's dying? I'm a doctor, forgod's sake. And, somehow, this seems harder. I know how badly you want to go to the university. This is the only way we're going to get you there.''

''Is it because of dad?''

She paused. I knew she'd like to blame him. She'd wanted to raise me after my mom died, spare me housekeepers and empty apartments. She'd never forgiven him for the night my mother died. It didn't matter that they died in an accident, he was driving.

''No.'' She said finally. ''It's the school. Unless you spend two months in a group home, it will go on your permanent record.''

''What will go on my record?''

''The zero-tolerance policy.''

''Violence? B-but-but I didn't-''

''I know. But to them, it's simple. You struggled with a teacher. You need help.'' In a home. For crazy kids.

I got up several times that night. The second time, my dad was in the doorway, watching me.  The third time, he was sitting beside my bed. He reached over and held my hand reassuredly. ''It's going to be all right.'' He murmered.

The next morning, he was still there. His eyes were blearly, the wrinkles around his face deeper. He'd been up all night, back from London. I don't think  he ever wanted kids, he never told me that. He does his best. He just doesn't know what to do. I'm like a lost puppy to him left by someone who he loved a lot, and he struggles to do it right even if he doesn't like dogs very much.

''You changed your hair. Do you like it?''

I nodded.

He chuckled. ''Well, it's not exactly what I'd like on you, but if you like it, that's what counts..'' He paused. ''Panchi must have told you about the group home business. She's found one she says will be okay. Small. Private.''

No one would say what was wrong with me. The doctors ran some tests but they won't tell me anything, which meant it was bad.

This wasn't the first time I'd seen people who weren't really there. That's what Panchi wanted to talk about. I used to talk about people in our old basement. My dad thought it was my creativitiy, but those friends started to terrify me and then we moved. I still 'saw' people, though. So, my mom bought me this necklace and said it would protect me. But, it happened again..and no one was leading it up to an overactive imagination.

A home for crazy kids. They thought I was crazy. I wasn't. I was seventeen. If I was crazy, I'd be acting crazy. I wasn't. I felt normal. My friends thought I was fine. Teachers thought I was fine when they chose me as a director. Karan thought I was fine or he won't ask me out for a dance.

But, what if none of that was real? I'd wanted the director spot. I'd wanted Karan to be interested in me. I dreamt it all. Like the boy on the street, the crying girl and the burned official.

If I was crazy, would I know it? You think you're fine, everyone else knows better. Maybe I was crazy.

My dad with Panchi and Sid drove me to Mount House on Sunday.

A huge building on an oversized hill. A swing on the porch. Two women came forward to greet me. The younger one's eyes followed me, her arms crossed against her chest. The older woman introduced herself as Shanaya. A bedroom, red and black.

On the far side of the room, a twin bed with the quilts messed up. Sweatshirts on the bed post, textbooks on the floor, drawers open. The room of someone who didn't know why  they should put stuff back when they'd use it again the next day.

Time for dad and Panchi to go. Shanaya said I wouldn't see them for a couple of days because I needed to get used to my new environment. Like a pet in a new home.

I hugged Panchi and my dad. He said that he'd stay in town and come visit me as soon as they let him. I crawled into the bed when they left. Shanaya promised she'd put my things away. I fell into sleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.

I awoke to the breathing of the girl in the next bed. I looked over but only saw a form under the quilt. A girl with her hair down to her shoulders and doe eyes stood there. She flipped through my clothes. ''Thank god we are not getting another bimbo.'' She muttered.

''Excuse me?'' I called out. She turned around, looked at me and smiled.

''Misha. Misha Dobriyal.''

I looked at her, wondering what was wrong with her. If she was at Mount Home, there must be something wrong with her. Some ''mental condition''.

She didn't look crazy. Her hair hung loose around her shoulders. She wore jeans and a T-shirt. She looked harmless. They wouldn't put any scary person here, would they? They only put people who heard voices and saw burned up officials and fight with teachers.

''Come on.'' She said, throwing my clothes on the bed. ''Breakfast is in five minutes, and they get really angry if you're late. The guys eat lunch and dinner with us, but they have breakfast later.''

''Guys? The house is co-ed?''

''Uh huh.'' She paused. ''We all share the bottom floor, but the top one is divided. Erm-?''

''Pia Jaiswal.''

''Right. So, the hall is too short. And you could sneak up at their rooms at night if you wanted to. T would. She likes Kabir. You might like Neel. But, he's going home soon.'' She shrugged. ''What year in college?''

''First.''

''Same as me, Kabir and Neel. T is in her second year, like Abhay, Mahi and-'' She paused briefly. ''Jay.''

She kept on talking as we headed down. There was Dr.Shanaya and Dr.Mehra. They were both psychologists, who lived with us.

One look in the room, and I sighed. It was spotless. The wood was gleaming. The sofa was warm and inviting. There was an old grandfather clock in the corner. There were vases with daisies or daffodils in it.

On one side of the table sat a girl with short dark hair and tons of make up on. ''That's T. Tanushree, but she likes being called T. She is moody, but she is alright when she wants to be.'' She pointed at the other person on the table. A pretty, semi-darkskinned girl with her straight hair falling upto her back. ''That's Mahi. She has this 'thing' for fire.''

I stared at the girl. Thing for fire? Did she mean she set fires? Was this place safe? What about the boys? Were any of those violent?

''Someone's hungry.'' Shanaya smiled. ''Come in, Pia. Let me introduce you.''

--

Abhay and Kabir will enter in the next update. :) Like the first post to join the PM list. 

Edited by _Akanksha_ - 12 years ago
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
will comment later. this time when i write eternal flames i wanna make it really good, plus i am having hard time deciding misha's, and ben scenes how kick it off. have any ideas.i will update it tomorrow, i am feeling lazy today
_Klaroline_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
lovely update
Can u pleeez pm me
ifrah. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wao..lovly update thanks for the pm waiting for the next part :)
_SnowFlake_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

res

edited

lovely updt🤗yay mishu enteredn all of them together in a mount  house😲 poor pia, feeling bad for her, everyone think she is getting mad😔
updt soon😊
Edited by 00123trisha - 12 years ago
Deepi20 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow, nice update! Waiting for Abhay to enter in the next update! Update soon 😊
karantakiar thumbnail
wooo u rockkk dear.
amazing nd superb part...
plz cnt wid nxt part soon.
luv u
vritika
minahil1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
awesum update akansha!!!👏

so now they all r starting thinking that pia is kind of mad... she is staying in mount house with abhay , kabir, misha and T😲... so they kind of should have any thing supernatural in them... i wonder wat r their abilities😕... wonderfull update🤗 ... love ur ff and continue soon❤️