Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Chapter 101

Please marry me... Please marry me... Please marry me...

The words keep playing in an infinite loop in her head ever since he said them. She hadn't given him an answer yet...she couldn't...she had been dumbstruck by his proposal. She couldn't properly place his thoughts - whether it was empathy towards her and her sufferings or a release for his own.

I promise to give it my all... I promise to give it my all... I promise to give it my all...

Her eyes closed and her head fell back on the headboard where she was sitting on the bed. Ever since the meeting with him, neither had she been able to erase his words from her mind, nor had she been able to focus on getting anything else done. She seemed to have drifted in her own little world...which had no place for anyone or anything else except her and his words.

His words reverberated again. She didn't know what to do. Nothing she did would empty her mind that was now filled with his words. She was  a little annoyed...realizing the effect he had on her. She didn't necessarily like it...specially because she barely knew him. She had seen him a few times and interacted with him even lesser. Yet, his words had refused to leave her...

The ball is in your court... The ball is in your court... The ball is in your court...

It hadn't been long since she had met him...only a couple days. He had left the decision to her, which made it even harder for her. He had not contacted her during this time. She kept looking at her phone from time to time...waiting for what, she didn't quite know. She didn't expect him to call or text, but something made her look forward to something. She tried to reason it out, but did it anyway.

She heard a knock on the door and it cracked open just a little bit. Her mother peeked in and she nodded, asking her to come in. Her mother came in, her father in tow. She knew why they were here. But she had no answer for them yet. They sat down next to her on the bed and asked her if she had decided anything. Just as she was about to reply in negative, her phone beeped...

Beep: Hey

It was from him. Against all odds, against her own mind and against her wish, she nodded to her parents in affirmation for the marriage. Their excitation levels shot up all of a sudden and both hugged her and left the room to share the good news with the parties involved... leaving her alone to wonder why she did what she did...
_Invincible_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yayyy

me first...
finally sharan-naina's relation is going to progress...so happy 4 dem..

-BeingAppy- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"why she did what she did..."
i am wondering the same... they haven't interacted much nor share a "proper" friendship, then y? Agreed that Sharan Is the best ;) but still...
Just a Hey and she is clean bowled! :o 
jdots thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
omg naina said yes...good... 
what is this marriage season on TGND...
Any ways loved it...
Originally posted by: jdots

omg naina said yes...good... 

what is this marriage season on TGND...
Any ways loved it...

LOL what can I say?! Given their situation, that was all I could come up with...to progress their journey together.

And it's a good thing Rohan is in India. I don't think she would have been able to say yes for marriage if he was anywhere close to her.
Nanthini9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey dol! Culd I get the PM? ;) ;)
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh em gee! She said YES!
Im not surprised...she barely knows Sharan and she can't stop thinking about him! He is adorable so yh im not surprised he has that effect on her! lol!

and yes Dol i agree! Im glad Rohan is in India too because if he was there she would never be able to make the decision she's made now, she would never be able to move on although she still doesn't know why she said yes!
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
She said yes?? actually yes??? I was so sure she would reject him, and  poor Sharan would be heart broken or broken. But she siad yes... I can't waitt... I can hear wedding bells. 😳
Can they get married before Rookie? IF they are going to get married... no hurries though...

Because when they're married, they have each others support.
Lovely update Dol.
bushrayou thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: --dolphin--

Awww man...you guys are so sweet to me. I am truly blessed with such awesome readers.

There's something I wanted to share with you guys that I've come to realize lately...

I've worn both shoes - that of a reader and the one for a writer. It was then that I realized the relationship between the two.

We readers don't think twice before asking for updates or expecting a smooth frequency for the updates, but when the writer requests for comments, it if often termed as a "demand" and frowned upon. Been there..done that. But of course, life is a learning process. Better late than never, right?

I feel an author does a lot of research to build the story. Those who followed Devi would know how much research she must have done to entertain us. I'm sure there are others too, but I know only about her because she's the only author I've followed. I did some research too, because I had no clue about Dorchester Arts Collaborative, or about Boston, or even about the restraining orders. There's more than we think that goes into writing a story. And thus, when the author doesn't get to know what the readers think of it, it becomes a one-sided relationship...with the author spending hours to entertain the audience, but we readers cannot spend a half minute to let them know how the story is progressing. And trust me, praise is not the only thing an author looks for.

But But But...

I have no complains (even though I lost a couple readers when I requested for comments). I am blessed with the most awesome readers. And I mean it. All you guys pick on some aspect of the update that is thoughtfully added...which makes you a diverse group. I love how all of you collaboratively complete the review of my updates. I love how you all understand my characters so well...I mean really!

At first I started this note by mentioning how each of you have made a difference in this journey, but thought better of it because I didn't want to hurt anyone by inadvertently missing them. Even though it's general, you will know who I'm talking about :)

There's a lazy one who's been there with me right from the inception of the story. It's funny how she tells me what's good and what's not elsewhere, but is lazy to post comments here :P There's one here who's followed me from the Writer's corner, to my blog, to FF.

There are my old readers from Maaneet days who had the trust in me and gave TGND a shot. And then those who joined the story right in the beginning, and have stayed with me. There's those who came along the way, and became an integral part of this thread. And some very new ones :) There are some silent ones too. And finally, there are some who I lost of the way, but I'm only glad they made an appearance.

The journey from 26th chapter on page 9 to 99th chapter on 99th page has been an overwhelming one. I don't think I can say anything else except, "Thank you very much." Nothing will do justice to what I feel at the moment.

It's been a pleasure to write for you guys and I hope to continue entertaining you. And it's only fair I reward you with a good 100th chapter ;) So patience my dears.

I wanted to start replying by firstly saying that each one of us as your readers should be writing you a note on this FF to say Thank you to you for writing 100 chapters for us and for sticking through with us. 

While reading your FF not only does your research come through but the amount of time you put into the ideas, the plots, the details, the character descriptions, the emotions, the words, all of it!  
There isn't a single update I haven't read at least twice, not a single update I wanted to skip or skim through, and not a single update that didn't make me heart sigh with happiness. 

You have written 100 chapters that are so close and dear to our heart.

I cannot thank you enough for writing for us readers, I know you as a writer would always want more readers to be interested and  I know for a lot of writers not getting a response they desire would make them stop writing...but you have stuck through writing no matter how many readers you have and no matter what. 

I also wanted to take this opportunity to say how amazing of a person you are. You always make your readers feel engaged and important. Thank you for making commenting on this FF so easy that it makes me want to comment. 

Lastly, Please keep writing... I cannot imagine not having TGND to read in my daily life. A, S, K, and R have become characters I am tooo fond of to let go... :)

Thank you!

bushrayou thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
100 CHAPTERS!!! 

The part was everything I was being greedy about! seriously woman the talent you have blows me away!!!! 

I am sending you a PM to answer your questions and my private reaction to the chapter;) 

congrats on 100 chapters and a 100 pages beautiful!!