The girl next door - Ch 103 - pg 108; note pg 109 - Page 16

Posted: 12 years ago
Same here ..not a very good feeling. I know love triangles sell very gr8 in stories/movies/serials but personally I'm totally not comfortable with shifting emotions! I really fail to understand that when you have strong feeling about somebody, how can you get physically close to somebody else?! 
Originally posted by jasw

Same here ..not a very good feeling. I know love triangles sell very gr8 in stories/movies/serials but personally I'm totally not comfortable with shifting emotions! I really fail to understand that when you have strong feeling about somebody, how can you get physically close to somebody else?! 

She only hugged him buddy...that's all. I don't know where you live, but if you lived in US, you would know hugging your friend is a very common gesture...specially when your emotions run that high. There's no shift of emotions for her...just yet ;)
Originally posted by dolphinUSA

She only hugged him buddy...that's all. I don't know where you live, but if you lived in US, you would know hugging your friend is a very common gesture...specially when your emotions run that high. There's no shift of emotions for her...just yet ;)

Is hugging only considered a friendly gesture.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

whats this???? She was rude to Rohan...??? How can she do that...???

Kits you better stay away from that Sharan guy ok...  or else I will shoot you... Dare you cheat on Rohan...

Chapter 40

She had cried for over 15 minutes wetting his shirt before her cries reduced to short gasps...he had not asked her the reason for her emotional outburst..nor did he shush her...he just let her empty the bucket of tears for that moment...he simply stood still returning her hug waiting for her emotions to ease a little.

When she broke away, he went to get a bottle of water from his car and handed it to her. When she seemed able to speak, he said to her holding her by her shoulders "I am not going to ask you what has happened. But if you need any help, you can count on me..." he tightened his grip around her shoulders to stress on the last bit.

Seeing his softness she gave in "I quit my job at the Cafe because of unethical schemes that were being  implemented...my friends were not happy with it and in anger I spoke something which, I know, I will be regretting for the rest of my life." she paused for a moment before bursting out into a sob again after saying "I don't even know how much damage I have done with my words...I am not even sure if it is repairable at this time..."

He again waited for her to calm down a little before he asked "what exactly happened?"

She explained to him what exactly had happened at the cafe. After knowing all the details he contemplated on whether it was a good time to tell her what was on his mind. She had narrated the entire incident and looked away from him and towards the river. Looking in the far distance she was lost deep in thought...wondering whether it was really an end of her friendship with Rohan...she realized she had taken it too far when the scene played again in front of her eyes...she had held his charm and friendliness totally against him...that too for no reason at all.

"I think your friends were right" he said when he was sure she was in a condition to listen patiently since she had stopped crying and sadness had taken over her face..." you should not have taken such a hasty decision..."

She looked at him in disbelief and before she could protest he said "listen me out first...then I'll shut up if you want.."

She nodded and turned to face the river again...enough time had passed after the incident that she was calm enough to listen to another round of reasoning... "Your friends were thinking of your future, not your present... See you made an ugly scene at the cafe and got into an ugly argument. The way you describe it, you have come in the managers bad books by arguing and quitting in such a manner... Now what kind of recommendation do you expect from her for your next job?

She looked at him in surprise again realizing the gravity of damage done. He smiled crossing his arms around in the front and continued "everywhere you go for a job, they are going to ask you why you don't have a recommendation even though you worked there. It doesn't give a nice impression. And that's probably why you were asked to consult your friend first..."

She closed her eyes and deeply sighed. She had done more damage than she had thought. She placed a hand on his arm then and when he loosened then she wrapped hers around him. There was something different about this moment. When she broke out of the hug he saw a slight smile in her face...it came right from heart. The feeling that followed was something she had never felt before. On one hand she was thankful to have such nice and thoughtful friends and on the other hand she was sad that her mouth and anger had once again betrayed her.

They stood there till the sun went completely down after which he dropped her home. She hugged him once again and thanked him for all his help. When she entered the apartment she looked for Simran who wasn't home yet...she was sure she was still with Rohan and that he would definitely come to drop her off...so she sat out in the cold on their porch and waited for them to come. It was four and a half hours later, around 11 o' clock when Rohan came to drop off Simran. She had fallen asleep on the chair on the porch and would have missed him if not for their voices. Rohan noticed her rise from the chair just then and for a brief moment their gazes met, but he looked down when her words came to him again. When he looked up again it was right at Simran...his eyes reflecting sadness...he bid her good night before turning to walk away.

"Rohan..." she called after him and he stopped. He waited for her to say something and just as he turned when he thought she wouldn't, she ran to him and hugged him around her neck going on her toes. A little surprised, his mouth fell open and he looked at Simran who widened her eyes at first but then winked at him...

His hands were hanging in the air...he didn't want to return the hug but his hands automatically went around her when she began to cry in his arms. "I'm sorry...I'm so so so sorry...Sorry...I'm sorry..." from her tone and from the tightness of her grip around him he could tell she truly meant it. His heart pinched him hard for she was crying so bitterly for him...he didn't like it when she cried..and even though she had acted irrationally and hurt him, he couldn't stay upset with her.

He shushed her by stroking his hand against her back. Several moments passed with them standing in the same position...they didn't realize when sadness and guilt faded and other emotions took on... It was a sudden realization for them both...they realized how pressed into each other they were when each felt the others heart beat against their chest.

She slowly made to pull apart and he too loosened his grip...she looked here and there trying to avoid looking in his eyes..he knew she was shy. He kept looking at her...he wished he could see if her eyes reflected the same emotion he was going through..but seeing her shy he decided that it would have to wait a bit.

To lighten the situation he bent a little forward right close to her face and said "So you think I am  charming eh?"

"I am sorry I really didn't mean it."

"So you don't find me charming?" he asked now with a twinkle in her eyes and she instantly blurted a "no" which came out more like a scream...it clearly gave away what she thought of him...she really did find him charming. He raised a brow and smiled...  To get out of the situation she looked towards the steps and asked "where did Sims go?"

"I think she wanted to give us our private moment" she sensed the playfulness in his tone and replied "Good!!! I don't think I would like such a scene in front of anyone else" ...although her tone was playful too, she silently thanked for Simran to have left them alone...Edited by dolphinUSA - 12 years ago
Originally posted by night13

Is hugging only considered a friendly gesture.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think my update answered your question ;)
me 1st

******EDITED******

OMG OMG OMG... I'm commenting first after such a long time...

yiipppeee... they both have solved their issue...thanks to Sharan(well ..I think he is a nice guy... he can get any girl of his choice except Kits)...

Edited by JayaR - 12 years ago
Thank god, finally I thought I might have to make a guest appearance to help these two
dat was awesome and its cool dat i read both updates together otherwise i would have killed u for previous update...๐Ÿ˜†

finally finally dey get into a comforting hug...seems d start of love story...yayyy

sharan guy is nice but just as frnd...dont u dare to make him switch position wid ROHAN...๐Ÿ˜›
ahaaa...rookie hug...gooodd...
Thanks for the PM <3