India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

nandani's anti marriage logic

second_chances IF-Sizzlerz
second_chances
second_chances

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
her reasoning about raising a daughter and then pawning her off on some stranger had so much truth to it.
i dont understand how parents are so protective with a daughter and then upon meeting a family of the guy, they are ready to pawn her off. 

i knew geet would put  a positive spin on things whch is why i forwarded her speech.

i live in constant fear now since my mom stirred the marriage pot. i dont trust her family nor her when it comes to making decisions for my life. why cant nandani and  i have space ? why is it pushed down our throat?
her BJee didnt really give her a reason , just told her to get ready. and wht is nandani?a piece at the museum that everyone came to look at?

i was surprised nandz didnt bring up the whole dev and geets marriage nightmare. a perfect example of pawning off ur woman. 

i am sorry i probably offended alot of people with this anti traditional language but u must understand i am not against the tradition of arranged marriage. i am against the idea of making desicions for the girl and shoving it down thier throat. at the end of the day, its the woman's life that will be miserable. more miserable then being older and single. 

it almost makes me feel like i am with my parents on borrowd time and its not fair

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201Ash1991anshra

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201Ash1991

Anita1118 IF-Dazzler
Anita1118
Anita1118

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Listen...I completely understand your fear and POV...but yaar ek baat samjho...parents always want what is best for their kids...I am not talking about Daarjee or Beeji...these guys ka tho dhimak kharab hai!!!!!Confused

But no parent will knowingly put their daughter in any bad relationship...if u have a fear...I would suggest u talk it out with your mom...or even your dad...dad's always seem to understand daughters more...Wink

Otherwise tumhari badi behen yahan bethi hai...jab bhi baat karni ho...I am here to talkSmile

Even in Nandini's case...she should be given a say...not thrown into it...arranged marriages are not bad...but should not be forced upon anyone...
Anita1118 IF-Dazzler
Anita1118
Anita1118

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blahblablah

My mum says 'IF YOU EVEN THINK OF GETTING MARRIED BEFORE YOU GET A CAREER, YOU'RE NO LONGER MY DAUGHTER' I love you Mom.

I agree with you completely, I know may people who have been forced to get married at a young age. What is the point of education if you don't get a chance to show your skill to the world?
They raise their daughters with affection then ship them away in a day. Just look at Nandani, her marriage has been fixed on their first meeting. She doesn't know a thing about the boy and his personality. 
If you don't want to get married soon, talk to your parents I'm sure they'll understand. Marriage is one of the biggest steps of your life, and you have to be careful. 

I completely agree with you and your mom!!!!  Hats off to u mom!
Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Yup!! fully agree with you,this does prove how contradictory the daughter's status can get in a family.
Guess somewhere or other conservative belief of elders like Darjee or Beeji needs a check as in Geet's case that one "mistake" proved detrimental for her life.
Thus daughter's choice should be counted in.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity2

serendipity2 IF-Dazzler
serendipity2
serendipity2

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged
My advice is talk to your parents and discuss with them what u would like..nothing in life comes with a guarantee..be it a love marriage or arrranged...u have to work equally hard at both. but first i believe every girl should be independent and not dependent on anyone!

All parents want the best for their children but i have also seen situations where parents lose focus of what their children want and it becomes more about what they and the society want and expect and lose focus of what's important... what their children want! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top