Posted: 12 years ago

Now, a film on Rekha

Kunal M Shah, Mumbai Mirror | May 18, 2011, 12.00am IST
Tags:Sridevi|Rekha|Rani Mukerji|Kapil Sharma|Bipasha Basu|Anil Sharma
Rekha More Pics
Filmmaker Anil Sharma's younger brother Kapil Sharma is all set to become a director and wants to make a film on the life of veteran actress Rekha. Interestingly, he wants Bipasha Basu, Sridevi orRani Mukerji to play the role of the controversial actress. 

Our source confirmed, "It will be a film on Rekha where the mysteries surrounding her will be revealed. Kapil has written the script and after working on Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyon, he wants to make a film based on the industry. 

Kapil is considering some top actresses for the role of Rekha and other vital characters that have come in Rekha's life from Big B to Kiran Kumar to Vinod Mehra and even Jaya Bachchan." 

When contacted Kapil Sharma said, "Yes, I am making a film on a controversial actress who has been an ex number one in the industry. However, I  am not comfortable talking about it now. All I can say is that the film is called Sitaare and has the backdrop of Bollywood. 

The film has an ensemble cast and will have 7-8 major characters. I am still to finalise the lead actors." 

"It is a story that I wanted to tell. I have been an industry kid and I want to unveil the mystery behind the actress. It is the journey of the actress, which is so interesting and colourful. It is her iconic career, her relationships and the ups and downs in her life," he further added. 

I guess we have to just wait and watch.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Now-a-film-on-Rekha/articleshow/8386704.cms
I will totally watch this . I wonder who would play her though? Nobody working currently can come close to how striking rekha looked or the allure she had.
frankly there is nothing to talk about Rekha's life.. till the story is to reveal her true age. Why people try to sensationalize everything... oh Poor didnt get AB..   cry me the river why?

She is a brilliant actress coming from Film background and had a successful career and not so good love life... if they actually wanna make film then they should go for Waheeda/Guru Dutt and Geeta Dutt 🤔
Rani as Rekha?? Do not want.

Chitrangada would be an ideal doppelganger for Rekha.. she has the same striking bone structure and hair and height.
Edited by Relda - 12 years ago

wouldnt anushka be good for this. something different from her usual film choices. and she also has sharp facial feature like rekha

i think rani will suit the rolee !

no one's (talking about A-listers) gonna opt for the lead.

& the movie is not gonna make it to the floor. 😒

Jaya is gonna yell at media again when they as her about the movie.
Just the other day I joked that Madhur's Heroine was going to be based on Rekha and now this film actually is

The article mentioned 'even Jaya Bachchan'...so I guess that means the whole relationship with AB Sr. will be glossed over since his name isn't mentioned