India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Plagiarism

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Is there such thing as originality anymore or just authenticity? Some say that creative people have always been inspired by, and even stolen from, all that is in the the world, but some say that lifting an entire work from another author is plagiarism. In fact, some say that they have done the author a favor by increasing their popularity! Or maybe everything is changing and we now live in a world where nothing belongs to anyone anymore. Does originality exist anymore?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixXmonarSilentsoulblue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Is there such thing as originality anymore or just authenticity? Some say that creative people have always been inspired by, and even stolen from, all that is in the the world, but some say that lifting an entire work from another author is plagiarism. In fact, some say that they have done the author a favor by increasing their popularity! Or maybe everything is changing and we now live in a world where nothing belongs to anyone anymore. Does originality exist anymore?

OMG what are u saying...our Bollywood industry and the Indian TV reality shows are totally original...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

OmnipotenceMagixXmonarruky786

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

OMG what are u saying...our Bollywood industry and the Indian TV reality shows are totally original...

Ha ha ha ...

At a planning meeting at my college, I congratulated a colleague on producing some superb student-guidance notes explaining how to combat plagiarism.

"How long did it take you to write them?" I asked.

"Not long," he said. "I copied them from another university's website."

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfMagixXmonarrahmona_paksweblue-ice.

Rasny IF-Rockerz
Rasny
Rasny

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Good one..LOL, but still people love it!Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monarblue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rasny

Good one..LOL, but still people love it!Wink
I know...ek indian ko doosre indian ki kadr to karni chahiye...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rasnymonar

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged

Ha ha ha ...

At a planning meeting at my college, I congratulated a colleague on producing some superb student-guidance notes explaining how to combat plagiarism.

"How long did it take you to write them?" I asked.

"Not long," he said. "I copied them from another university's website."

Well he decided not to to be the exceptionLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RasnyMagixXmonar

ammygurl IF-Dazzler
ammygurl
ammygurl

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Nothing in the whole world is creative, for some people. Some people believe in INSPIRATION. I believe in both. 
I believe in God's creations. Authentically ORIGINAL. 
And as for People's creative work, Nothing is Original. You tend to hear a song.. It becomes an Inspiration and becomes a creation in the form of a writing or another piece of music. It is Plagiarism of ideas from the person who made the song. You may call it your own piece of work but then.. had you never heard the song, Would you have gotten the idea? 
Suppose I like a piece of poetry, like it so much that I create a piece similar to that. Is it not plagiarism? It is for me. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RasnyMagixXmonarSilentsoulblue-ice.

Rasny IF-Rockerz
Rasny
Rasny

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Pritam and Anu Malik are the best example for copy catsLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfMagixXmonarrahmona_paksweSilentsoulblue-ice.

Go to top