ManeetFF:Ek Prem Kahaani|Chp3:JanamDin|Pg.6 - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by -Shankar-

hi eva... remember you from CB forum ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you Shankar... Indeed good start.. hope u will update soon  thanks
hey thanks for the preview...
i hv sent buddy req can u pl add me to ur pm list...
Hey Shankar...ur FF sounds interesting...I have one request---please try to update regularly because if u take too much time inbetween readers loose interest...my gut feeling is that ur FF will be a hit beacause of ur writing style...continue soon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
nice ff. .
Interesting story . .
Thanx 4 prview n pm. .
I hav send u buddy request plz add me to . . .
Plz update soon.
Thanx ๐Ÿ˜Š
nyc promo n preview
do continue soon
Originally posted by tushti-kiran

Hey Shankar...ur FF sounds interesting...I have one request---please try to update regularly because if u take too much time inbetween readers loose interest...my gut feeling is that ur FF will be a hit beacause of ur writing style...continue soon๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
I agree with u... I will try to update regularly. update coming soon today.

Chapter 2: Meeting

The feeling leaves my mind in an instant as it starts to rain. I was lost in my thoughts...again! Tiny droplets fall from the sky. The miracle of the rain, it is pure beauty. I am mesmerized for a moment, but then the rain becomes fierce. I offer my prayers, and seek blessings. The pundit wishes me a happy birthday. I happily smile and thank him.

It's raining too heavily to leave the mandir. But I have to go. Kya karu? After much contemplation of the pros and cons of going in the heavy rain, I decide to go. With my dupatta covering my thali and my head, I start down the steps. They are slippery, but I manage to get down quite quickly. The walk would take a while but I am sure I can do it.

I struggle a bit. Standing up straight never seemed so difficult. My feet are wet, soaking wet. I am drenched from head to toe. The rain is pounding against my body. It's cold, ice cold. Every drop feels like a thousand tiny stabs. But suddenly, it stops, Why? I feel secure, comfortable. I look up to find that I am surrounded by an umbrella, it was black. But whose is it? My eyes are stinging. I look over and get a vague picture of a man. Slender, tall, and handsome. I remember my childhood friend, Maan. That isn't him! Is it? I wipe my eyes, slowly. I'm surprised.

It's him, the great Maan Singh Khurana. He was like a role model. Wait, I won't get ahead of myself.

Flashback time!

We were both 13. Maan and I met in a volunteering organization to help younger kids who are not as fortunate as we were. Notice how I said 'were'.

Anyway, there was a singing and dancing competition in which we, the volunteers, would dance. It would earn money and also provide some entertainment. So, I sang. Maan danced. At the end, as winners were being announced, we were all anxious. 3rd place, then 2nd place, and finally, the coveted 1st place. Maan and I tied for 1st place. We were mad at each other at first but then laughed about it later. Ever since then, we were best friends. But, after he went off to college, we never could keep intact.

I wonder if he is still a good dancer. Well, maybe I should be asking myself if I am still a good singer. I missed him... a lot. I never realized how good friends were. I never appreciated our bond until now. It's been so many years. So much has happened.

My heart skips a beat. I feel contented and awkward at the same time. My cheeks are painted rosy red. My hands become sweaty and I heat up from the inside out. Why am I feeling this way?

"Maan?" I utter

My eyes are crystal clear now. I am sure it is him.

His eyes glisten with passion. I am a real sucker for dark brown eyes. Ironically, my eyes lower as if I'm blushing. Am I? Even if I am, then why? I breathe out heavily.

"How do you know my name? Wait, Geet?" he says.

I smile and nod. His face is lit up with joy. Wow. His smile is priceless. I feel like a thousand diamonds are shining into my eyes. I just want to break down into tears of joy and embrace him.

"What are doing here? I mean, umm..." he chuckles. "It seems like a met after such a long time. What's it been? Uhh, 9..."

"10 years!" I interrupt him.

I stare into his eyes. It is amazing how one little moment can make your day. This was my moment. The rain stops. We are both still wet, especially him.

"Thanks, for the umbrella. But you got totally wet!" I say

Maan smiles. "Koi baat nahin. I'll be okay."

The very sound of his voice sends happiness to my soul.

"You live here? In Mumbai?" I ask.

"Yeh, I just shifted from Delhi."he replies. I ask someone for a pen and some paper. He gives me a pen and walks away. Hmm... Oh I got it! I take Maan's hand in mine. I write my phone number and address on his hand. He seems confused but doesn't ask anything. He reads it silently and smiles again. How many times will he smile? He takes my hand along with the pen and writes his phone number down, but not his address.  I wonder why. He lets go and gives me back the pen. I look down and stare. Now I'm smiling again!

I raise my head and look next to me. No one. He's gone. I see a rikshaw driving away and he pokes his head out. How long was I staring at my hand? He waves, blows me a kiss. I feel like dancing with joy! Everything happened so fast, that I couldn't even tell him about something... something important.

------
Preview: Geet remembers the moments spent with Maan.
Edited by -Shankar- - 12 years ago
yippe me first to comment
such long gap but
still regnise each other
so cute writting phone number
on their so cute
love it
beautiful part
cont soonnn
thanks 4 pm

thank-you-desi-glitters-35

Edited by sharmake11 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by sharmake11

yippe me first to comment
such long gap but
still regnise each other
so cute writting phone number
on their so cute
love it
beautiful part
cont soonnn
thanks 4 pm

thank-you-desi-glitters-35

your compliments mean so much to me... thanks a lot... will def continue soon! hope to post chap 3 soon.
Thank you Shanker..  It was great update...  love the flow of the story...