Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Shobha De speaks/SD-Minissha twitter war Pg 11 (Page 11)

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
I can see the sun setting for Shobha De's writing ( ranting)...Ms. De shall soon be Ms. Nite!!...LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Alphamaleqwwwangelshy-Mmmmm-bamboocopter

joie de vivre Goldie
joie de vivre
joie de vivre

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
I haven't read all the comments, so I'll be forgiven if I'm rehashing what people have stated upthread. 

I find Shobha De to be utterly irrelevant these days. She's either just straight up bitchy to people she doesn't like, and couches her criticisms with a semblance of constructiveness when it's about people she likes or is forced to like.

She was particularly caustic about ARB few years ago, but ever since she got with AB, De has considerably softened towards her, and treats her with kid gloves. By De's own admission, she has something of a soft spot for Abhishek, and ergo is careful not to be too rude to Ash, as she is to other celebs like Sonam and Deepika. In that way, she's no different than the people she pokes fun at. Bloody hypocrite.

And anyway, it's not like De has a particularly unique take on things either. What she's said has been stated much more eloquently and honestly by some commentators on message boards and forums and chatrooms, rendering De's opinion redundant. 

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Alphamale-iktaara-ladygagaBingeTheDilettanteKim75MrsNealCaffreyShipra_Scricketfan1IHeartDeepika.bamboocopterDexterkichokrifly2me-Mmmmm-ibelieveinpink

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged
DeShobhaa Shobhaa De

Poor Minissha: Lamba race ki ghodi or lame duck? Warning to other Bollywood wannabes to leave those borrowed rocks at home. Dazzle wt yr talent
joie de vivre Goldie
joie de vivre
joie de vivre

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Desis will never appreaciate Aish.. its just a given fact.. chalo its good that she gets appreaciated atleast somewhere.. .

The reason Indians and the Indian diaspora don't go a bundle on Ash is because we follow her life a lot more closely than Westerners do. I'm sure if the only time we saw Ash was on a red carpet annually,we too would gush over her. The West isn't privy to the various details of Ash's personality and her life as we are. Like for instance, they know bugger-all about her PCness, denial of relationships and her attempts to come off as so utterly perfect (all done in the name of dignity, natch) that dehumanises her and makes it hard for us to sympathise with her, and her general overall blandness and lack of personality and charm and wit and a sense of humour and comfort in her own skin. She just isn't interesting enough as a person for anyone to find her intellectually engaging, she isn't the best actress around or even the most stylish or the most controversial. Pretty face notwithstanding, she's a right old bore who, off late, has begun to come across as a smug-married thirty-something what with her various interviews praising her in-laws and husband to the skies and painting a picture of consummate marital bliss (FACT: it just can't be that perfect for anyone, full stop. Smug-marrieds like her make every other married couple who've not come up smelling the roses post-nuptials feel like shite), which is why many desis in general aren' too taken with her.  

Edited by joie de vivre - 19 May 2011 at 11:02am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

AlphamaleTuesdaysChildKWRocks.lavyladygaga_notinuse_TintinleMechant-iktaara-TheDilettanteBingeShipra_SIsha.IshaTallyHoMrsNealCaffreybamboocopterDexterkichokrifly2meBeyond_the_VeilMistyyruky786

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

I can see the sun setting for Shobha De's writing ( ranting)...Ms. De shall soon be Ms. Nite!!...LOL

LOLLOL Ms Nite sounds a lot more dangerous Tally  - Raat ki mallika who knows what she would do under the cover of darkness.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TallyHo-Mmmmm-bamboocopteribelieveinpink

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Maddy-

DeShobhaa Shobhaa De

Poor Minissha: Lamba race ki ghodi or lame duck? Warning to other Bollywood wannabes to leave those borrowed rocks at home. Dazzle wt yr talent
Umm why would she leave the borrowed rocks at home ? The whole point of "borrowing" them was to wear them at Cannes Confused 
Its time Ms De stops "dazzling" us with her writing talent.
Minissha has been getting a lot of flack isnt it? Why the schadenfreude from the industry ?
It could just be that she genuinely forgot to take that document with her.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

AlphamaleTheDilettantecricketfan1MrsNealCaffreyfriends_rock-Mmmmm-bamboocopterruky786ibelieveinpink

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joie de vivre

Originally posted by ladygaga

Desis will never appreaciate Aish.. its just a given fact.. chalo its good that she gets appreaciated atleast somewhere.. .

The reason Indians and the Indian diaspora don't go a bundle on Ash is because we follow her life a lot more closely than Westerners do. I'm sure if the only time we saw Ash was on a red carpet annually,we too would gush over her. The West isn't privy to the various details of Ash's personality and her life as we are. Like for instance, they know bugger-all about her PCness, denial of relationships and her attempts to come off as so utterly perfect (all done in the name of dignity, natch) that dehumanises her and makes it hard for us to sympathise with her, and her general overall blandness and lack of personality and charm and wit and a sense of humour and comfort in her own skin. She just isn't interesting enough as a person for anyone to find her intellectually engaging, she isn't the best actress around or even the most stylish or the most controversial. Pretty face notwithstanding, she's a right old bore who, off late, has begun to come across as a smug-married thirty-something what with her various interviews praising her in-laws and husband to the skies and painting a picture of consummate marital bliss (FACT: it just can't be that perfect for anyone, full stop. Smug-marrieds like her make every other married couple who've not come up smelling the roses post-nuptials feel like shite), which is why many desis in general aren' too taken with her.  

Even if she's not...why would she want the world to know all the crap that goes on between her and her husband...I'm sure we like her would want a spotless image and respect...and even if we aren't perfect (which I agree we nor she is) I don't think as humans we want as insecurities displayed out for the world to see and critique on!

Edited by sweet coco - 19 May 2011 at 3:05pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tulsi003qwwwangelshyMrsNealCaffrey-PoisonIvy-

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged

Twitter war between Shobhaa De and Minissha Lamba...

Minissha... You go girl... Clap Good response...

Minissha Lamba
@Minissha_Lamba Minissha Lamba
Ms De, real writers write books. Slandering on #Twitter is a job of the less gifted. 'Dazzle with your talent' Ms.De, Not ur slander ;)

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

AlphamaleprernadeAppleBlossomMrs.Dravidabhishahjoie de vivreKWRocks..Monami.angelshyglitters_notinuse_qwwwbipsbulls-eyeDebo_AfghanTiyaliTallyHoKim75TheDilettanteIsha.IshaShipra_SAntlersfly2meBeyond_the_VeilSobtiObsessionbamboocoptermonarIHeartDeepika.MistyyLifeOLiciousfriends_rockpetticoatruky786ibelieveinpinkGauahargeous_N-PoisonIvy-

Go to top