India-Forums

Kareena Kareena
Kareena Kareena

Kareena’s interview

*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 10:03am | IP Logged

hi everyone i dont know if anyone has read this interview but i thought why not post so please forgive me if this has already been here:

Kulraj Kaur Randhawa is the new sensation in telly-town. For our girl with dimples, it's been nothing short of a dream break, now better known as Kareena. She feels at cloud nine whenever she is associated with Chandigarh. While Randhawa's parents are settled in the city, she completed her business management course from Bangalore University and later on shifted her base to Mumbai. Soon after that she enrolled herself for Kishor Namit Kapoor's acting school. Kulraj who admits life's taken a complete U-turn ever since Kareena came into her life and for the better. ''I couldn't have asked for a better platform than this. Everyone back home is thrilled to see me on TV and I hope to graduate to films next. But I am going to be very selective." She has the ability to charm the audience with her brilliant performance. As a newcomer in the world of "small screen" she has made a great impact on the viewers. Her acting is very spontaneous especially because she plays a bubbly character that faces every challenge that comes her way. People can easily relate to her because of the realities in the show. It's shown that stuff like this can actually happen unlike some other saas-bahu shows, which are absolutely unbelievable. Say something about your teenage days?I did my schooling at the Army Public School, Simla where I was in a boarding and was free to do whatever I wanted. I became very independent and learnt a lot. I was a squash player at the state level. I also love soccer or as a matter of fact any outdoor game. I love driving and am a total car freak besides also being a very good horse rider. Basically I feel I have led a very tomboyish life and really like to enjoy life. Ok go on! After my school I did my Bachelor's in Business Management from Bangalore University. I then decided to do a course in acting under Kishore Namit Kapoor. He requested me to come over to Mumbai and take acting seriously. So I came to Mumbai, completed the acting course and then started looking for work. Since the past 18 months I am staying all alone and enjoying my struggle. Have you had any acting experience during your school or college times? While at school I have done ramps and anchored shows. Did your parents allow you to take up this field and stay alone in Mumbai? Well, when I told my parents that I wanted to come to Mumbai they were a little bit jittery, but then since my dad was in the army and we were always shifting, I always managed to adjust and hence they knew it would not be such a big problem for me. Do you miss your family? As I am the youngest in my family with one elder sister, I miss my family and their pampering. At the same time I have been brought up in a very systematic manner. Have you always aspired to be an actress? No I never thought of acting being my career since I thought it had a risk factor involved. But soon I realized that I was born to become an actress. How did Kareena Kareena happen? After I completed my acting course there were offers pouring in but I did not take up anything and everything that came my way. I wanted to choose something that I was convinced of. Kareena Kareena was really very nice and I liked it very much. It's not a Kkusum or Jassi type of role which is quite plastic, linear and straitjacketed I felt, and signed on right away as it was the script, which attracted me to accept the role. It has a climax and then an anti-climax angle too. As a newcomer I knew this was one serial where I could carve a niche for myself. What according to you is the USP of the serial? Well I think it is the chirpy feel, its freshness and humour that makes it stand out. The situations in the serial are very simple and can happen to any person. Even in the serial it is not played up at all, and rather it's given a very straightforward approach rather than a serialized setting. It's something that could happen to any girl of my age. It's a very natural, situational comedy. How is the atmosphere on the set of Kareena Kareena? Well its wonderful. I have learnt many things from my senior colleagues. The atmosphere is like a family while in our free time we don't leave a chance to play a prank. The whole of the cast, crew, writers and directors - succeeded in creating something warm, funny and worth paying for to watch. Do think of doing films in the near future? Well, my mind is always open to it, I am sure people will offer me roles, because my role has lots of shades. But I wouldn't do roles, which one can't see with one's family. Julie, Hawas etc are not kick-ass characters. I don't need to show my skin to prove that I can act. But presently I am concentrating only on Kareena Kareena. Later on I'll look at other offers and serials. At the moment I'm working only on this serial and have no other projects on hand or lined up for me. How do you identify with the character?I definitely identify with Kareena very much, because although she goes through a lot of struggles in her day-to-day life, she still manages to stay cool and calm. Isn't the storyline similar to your personal life? No, it is sheer coincidence. The script was written way back before I could even see it and there was nothing connected at all. It's all about a story about the girl who comes to Mumbai. Kareena's parent give her six months to make a name for herself, but with two days to go nothing has worked, until she sees an ad for a job as a secretary. However, the job is for a traditional Indian married woman. Kareena goes for the interview dressed as a married woman with sindoor and mangalsutra and gets the job. However, she meets her friendTanu who's supposed to join as a RJ at a radio station. Tanu has to rush back to Chandigarh as her boyfriend is going to get married to someone else. Kareena fills in and the fun starts. You play two characters in the serial, a secretary and an RJ. Which do you like the most? Well, in real life I'd love to be an RJ, but in the serial I love playing both. This shows the talent that I have and how I can fit in any role I try. Have you met your dream partner? No, not yet. I am single and happy. I don't want to mingle with any one, as I want to concentrate more on my work. What do you do at your free time? Basically I don't get enough time to do anything because we work 20-25 days a month but if I am free I like to sleep or like to watch movie. 'Life mein twist hai' says the tagline of the serial. Do you feel so? Yes, definitely. The tagline refers to different situations people face and how they can handle it. Either people will laugh at it, or laugh at you. There has to be a twist to life's ups and downs, for without it, there's no fun. 

Edited by Megha_Desai - 20 February 2005 at 10:12am

Fairuze Senior Member
Fairuze
Fairuze

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
hey thanx!
ejaz's babe Goldie
ejaz's babe
ejaz's babe

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 12:20am | IP Logged
AWESOME!! THANX I'M NEW TO THIS KAREENA KAREENA FORUM!!!
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharin
Kareena's World Senior Member
Kareena's World
Kareena's World

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
thanx for the article

• Page 1 of 1