Jab Hum Mile- Shanak Fic 30 pg 48 - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by sshriyaa84

hey sonali thanx for the pm

i love the touch of mystery u have added to ur shanak fic

waiting for their awesome  proper meeting soon ..nice updates😊

Thanks Shriya! Glad you liked it so far. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a song. I want to make a trailer for this fic
Originally posted by -Manita-

Wow !! It is Intriguing !!!!!

I love the mystery part and the enigma...loved it Sonali !!!
I am wondering how will they meet next !!!

When are you updating next !! Jaldi karna !!

Thanks Manita Di! I am waiting for more comments then will get the next update ready. I need your professional opinion on something I have to remember to pm you later. Hope you are having a great week!πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by simiv

Sonali!!

Yet another short but grt update!!

Haii kab tak yeh suspense rakhogi??

Having fun anyway!!:)

Thanks Simi, not for long. Don't worry.
sonali di very nice and interesting
Good one !! πŸ˜ƒ

Loved the mystery part.. is he a CID agent under cover or something πŸ˜‰

Update soon...Edited by Ujjwala - 12 years ago
ok I don't know if you will like this update, but here is part four as it is!

Part Four

He saw her arm with bangles first. She was wearing a white shiny salwaar kameez. Then he saw her smile then the back of her head where she had a dark mane of beautiful hair. He could hear her bangles clang together and he saw her hair and earrings sway in the early morning breeze. Then he saw her face.

He lurched awake. He had seen her once. How could she be in his dreams already?

Shantnau realized he needed to get out of bed and meet his family before they all headed off in their own directions. Akshay probably would be going to see Khushboo. Tomorrow evening was their official engagement party. He could not believe his work-alcohlic brother was actually tying the knot next month. Anyways he knew his family would be after him including Khushboo Bhabhi to settle down next.

His world was not simple enough for just any girl to make a place in his heart. He needed someone that would be strong enough to love and support him no matter what career he continued with. He wanted to be in love enough to leave everything for her and be her knight in shining armor. He truly thought marriage was having someone to hold and love you until the end of time.

Now was there such a girl for him out there?

He shook his head  before getting up to get ready for the day. Sometime later he  entered as everyone was about to eat Sunday brunch together.

They all brightened to see him back. His mother immediately  wrapped her arms around him and gushed . Dadi blessed him when he touched her feet. Akshay hugged him. Sunil gave him a considerate look before embracing him as well.

Sunil mentioned about visiting a nearby orphanage. They were planning to donate there as they needed security for the children there because of some local gangsters.

Shantanu perked up. He had heard of the tensions of that district earlier this week.

" Dad yeh orphanage kahan hai?," Shantanu inquired.

" It's in Commissioner Sharma's area.  I talked to him earlier this morning. He said his daughter and daughter-in-law often volunteer there with some other women. It's really a shame what happened to his daughter yesterday. Thank God she is safe now," Sunil declared.

" Kya hua uski beti ko?," Dadi inquired.

" The local gangsters apparently kidnapped her. However some stranger came and saved her  before they could hurt her. God bless whoever that was. The commissioner is  a good man. If Akshay or Shan were in danger like that, I would do whatever I could do to make sure they were safe again," Sunil declared.

" Sunil stop all this negative talk. Shantanu has come home after so long," Madhavi  hissed.

Shantanu wondered if this was the girl he had seen  earlier. Had she described him to anyone? He had to make sure his cover was not blown. His life was not the only one that could be in danger.

" Dad kya aap wahan jayenge aaj?," he inquired.

" Yes Shaan. I am going to Saint Mary's today itself. Would you like to join me?"

" Yes Dad I would. Just let me know the time. I would like to meet those kids," Shantanu said lost in thought.

Despite her family's protests, Khanak decided to return to the orphanage the next afternoon. She assured them she would be fine and would let Tiwari stick around while she was at the orphanage today.

Gopi met her there and was relieved to see her alive and well.

" I am so glad you are all right. Bhabhi told me some stranger saved you last night."

" Yes I will tell you everything after we set the kids up for the arts and krafts session today," Khanak assured her.

The girls played with and help set up the children one by one. Khanak sat by a four year old and helped her finger paint.

Meanwhile Sunil and Shantanu arrived there. Sister Caroline began to show them around and introduce them to everyone.  The clock chimed at four o'clock for the late afternoon prayers. The children were guided to the pews  and seated.

All religions were accepted here. If a child was not already following a religion  or if their religion was unknown they were taught that God was one and had many forms.

Gopi and Khanak were just finishing the seating of the younger children.  Shantanu and his father entered with Sister Caroline.

"Khanak, Gopi please show these gentlemen around the orphanage. They wish to help with donations to the foundation," she said warmly.

Gopi led the way. Khanak and Shantanu's eyes met.

It was when Sister Catherine took Sunil aside, that Shantanu had a chance to pull aside the girl to talk to her alone. He spotted her coming towards the rec room. He quickly pulled her in.

She gasped.

"Aap?"

" Shhh! I just want to talk you really quick," he assured her.

She sighed.

" Ok but you have to be quick.  My family has Tiwari lurking around. He might think you are trying something," she stated.

He looked at her puzzled.

"Isn't kind of too late to get you a bodyguard now?," he quipped.

She rolled her eyes.

" Thanks for saving my life last night. I really do owe you," she said.

He sighed.

He looked out and about to make sure no one was in earshot.

"Look you are very welcome. However you need to make me a promise not to identify that it was me that saved you last night," he stated firmly.

She looked at him puzzled.

"Look it's complicated now. Maybe someday it won't be and we can be friends," eh suggested.

She nodded.

" Theek hai. I'll take your word for it. I really do hope one day things are simpler  so I can tell my family that you were my hero that night," she stated.

"Thanks Khanak. I have to go now. Stay safe," he urged.

"I'll try my best SK," she replied with a smile.

He flashed her a smile too before he walked away from her the second time in less than   twenty-four hours. They both did not have doubts that they would meet again.

sonali di lovely update
thanks for the pm
hei sonali,
y did u worry yaar..
it was nice..
khanak in SK's dreams already..yaar he is so secretive..wat work he is upto?encounter of gangsters kya?
he put 2 n 2 together n guessed the commissioner's daughter must be khanak the one he saved n went to orphanage..
so they r going to be friends now..
i'm very excited abt how their relation will mould into..
continue soon..
Awww!!! So cute Sonali!!

Muaaahhh!! Loved it!

I think its becoming a cute story as yrs always have been, pls carry on!:)
 thanks Purvi, Ramani and Simi for commenting will  try to write more soon!πŸ˜›